Author Topic: Obligatory Drum Solo ?!?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Obligatory Drum Solo ?!?
« on: December 02, 2014, 02:02:41 AM »
Now for something from left field... (Or was that right field)

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Obligatory Drum Solo ?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:10:10 AM »
Sometimes it is good to relax to a drum solo.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 02:20:45 AM »
Ok, not exactly solo but with his ensemble band RUSH...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:27:22 AM »
Alright only one more before I call it quits. I believe that there are some JTF readers who also are fans of RUSH...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 01:19:20 AM »
I thought someone asked for 'more cowbells'?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 01:27:18 AM »
I gotta admit that I think Neil Peart ranks among the top drummers of all time. His style is so natural in Rushs music, and Neil also writes the lyrics of the songs.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 01:43:15 AM »
This one goes out to all those nerds who went to High School in the 80s... My experience with Rush began in my senior year of High School in 1983 when I saw the Signals tour. This song, 'Subdivisions' encapsulated the feeling of growing up in those years.

Their official video:

Just the drums...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 11:24:59 PM »
Today I got into the 'Best Drummer' argument with a friend...

Remembered two great drummers from 60s power-rock bands (who met untimely deaths due to their outrageous lifestyles).

But first I would like to post a couple of 'Big Band' drumming legend (and member of the tribe) Buddy Rich...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 11:35:58 PM »
The two drummers I recognized today among the greats are Keith Moon of the Who and John Bonham of Led Zepplin.

They are counted among the 10 best rock drummers in this '10 Best' video from Watch Mojo... Neil Peart is counted among these top ten (and I don't really agree with all their picks).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 11:48:47 PM »
An example of a live Led Zepplin performance with a John Bonham solo.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 12:05:20 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »
Shalom and good week to everyone. I have not been reading the board much during my vacation and I have a dentist appt a few hours from now but I'd like to share the following Buddy Rich video with any fellow drum fans. Apparently there were 109 reads of this thread with only 10 posts, so somebody must enjoy drums and drumming.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 11:57:37 PM »
I will be resuming normal posting activities tomorrow... In the meantime relax with a comparison of Buddy Rich and Neil Peart.