Author Topic: Deri Hands in Resignation to the Knesset  (Read 1412 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Deri Hands in Resignation to the Knesset
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:13:19 PM »
Deri Hands in Resignation to the Knesset

After Rabbi Yosef tapes expose opposition to Deri and his responsibility for Oslo, Deri steps down - rest of Shas MKs vow to follow him.
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
By Hezki Ezra, Ari Yashar
First Publish: 12/30/2014, 5:46 PM / Last Update: 12/30/2014, 8:04 PM

Aryeh Deri resignsKnesset Spokesperson
Controversy embroiled Shas chairperson Aryeh Deri submitted a letter of resignation Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. to Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein (Likud), after being discredited in video recordings released to the media showing Shas spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef zt''l slamming Deri.

The dramatic step comes after Deri submitted his resignation to the Shas Council of Torah Sages the night before, which they rejected. He has since indicated that he is determined to resign as party leader despite the ruling, with Shas MKs warning they will follow his footsteps and likewise resign from the Knesset.

However, sources in the political system estimate that Deri has likely embarked on a well crafted PR ploy to gain backing and be reinstated by the Council of Torah Sages, in an attempt to minimize the damage to himself and Shas caused by the incriminating recordings of Rabbi Yosef.

In the recordings, Rabbi Yosef is seen in private meetings condemning Deri for his corruption that had him jailed in 1999 and explaining he didn't want to reappoint him as head of Shas in place of Eli Yishai - and even going as far as to refer to him as "evil."

Another recording revealed that Deri and not Rabbi Yosef was responsible for Shas's shift to the left and support for the 1993 Oslo Accords.

As part of Deri's damage control, his office released a letter sent to him by Rabbi Baruch Abuhatzeira, calling for him to remain in his post.

"I turn to you in an emotional plea from me and all rabbis of our holy family, to strengthen your hands and activities in all holy public activities, and don't turn to the misdeeds and acts of the arrogant people, we stand at your right to strengthen your spirit so you do not fall," wrote the rabbi.

Rabbi Abuhatzeira added "as is known you merited to stand at the head of the mission of the rabbi for the Torah of Israel and the nation of Israel to found Torah establishments, Talmud Torahs (religious schools for young boys), yeshivas and seminaries and mikvaot (ritual baths) in every site in the Holy Land for dozens of years. You don't need to consider the publications."

Shas MK Ya'akov Margi spoke about the PR element of Deri's reaction on Tuesday to Galei Tzahal (IDF Radio), saying "they take it as a cynical process, that isn't serious and just a PR stunt. But I think there was a serious blow here. Red lines were crossed. The process of resigning is very serious for Aryeh Deri."

That opinion was supported by Shas MK Nissim Zeev, who founded the party in 1983, and told Arutz Sheva "Deri was hurt by the tapes circulated and the entire Israeli people heard that Maran [Rabbi Yosef - ed.] was against him. For Deri, this could have made him feel less confident. The Council of Torah Sages and Shas Knesset members gathered to express our faith in him."

Ze'ev added that "Deri can't just abandon ship like this," saying he is certain he will be convinced to stay as head of the party.

Deri's response to the tapes has also included a meeting of Rabbi Yosef's children at his grave on Monday morning, asking for "forgiveness" over the "disgrace" to his honor. Members of former Shas chairperson Eli Yishai's new Yachad - Ha'am Itanu party struck back, calling it a "cynical usage" of Rabbi Yosef's memory by enlisting his children to save Deri.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Deri Hands in Resignation to the Knesset
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:08:16 PM »
Deri was just the public face of ShaSS. The real leader of the snakepit known as ShaSS (its ayatollah) is now deceased.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 11:29:01 PM »
Deri was always evil, but because under his leadership Shas once grabbed 17 seats in the knesset. So the Shas activists have this fantasy they will again have the same electoral success by keeping Deri. Though thats not going to happen as the Sefardic populism that led to Shas's past victories simply no longer has the same backing.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:16:42 AM »
Shas won 17 seats because of the prosecution of Deri. I think at least one person voted for Shas in 1999 specifically because the Bolsheviks prosecuted Deri. So Shas went up to 17 seats that year just because of what happened with Deri. It was like a way to stick it to the Secular Ashekenazic self-hating Bolshevik elite.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Shas won 17 seats because of the prosecution of Deri. I think at least one person voted for Shas in 1999 specifically because the Bolsheviks prosecuted Deri. So Shas went up to 17 seats that year just because of what happened with Deri. It was like a way to stick it to the Secular Ashekenazic self-hating Bolshevik elite.

Correct or not and I have no clue on the case but people; not just in the street but I heard from smart people who did.and do research etc. And was told that they dont believe he was correctly prosecutef and not guilty. And this is someone against Derived as well. Like I said I don't know but that's how people at least.perceived. it.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 07:00:39 PM »

Correct or not and I have no clue on the case but people; not just in the street but I heard from smart people who did.and do research etc. And was told that they dont believe he was correctly prosecutef and not guilty. And this is someone against Derived as well. Like I said I don't know but that's how people at least.perceived. it.

I knew some people in Israel who defended Deri (was still in jail at that time) but I think they were simply blinded by their sephardic pride and defending him because he was "one of them" and therefore minimized his crimes, not because he really was innocent (although they tried to say he was).   

This guy was problematic in 2 major ways - his evil leftism in which he embraced the Peres snake agenda, and his criminal activities.  2 strong reasons to be thrilled to see the Shas party crumble.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 07:38:09 PM »
I knew some people in Israel who defended Deri (was still in jail at that time) but I think they were simply blinded by their sephardic pride and defending him because he was "one of them" and therefore minimized his crimes, not because he really was innocent (although they tried to say he was).   

This guy was problematic in 2 major ways - his evil leftism in which he embraced the Peres snake agenda, and his criminal activities.  2 strong reasons to be thrilled to see the Shas party crumble.
This racial crap is one of the many things destroying Israel. When will Israelis realize they are JEWS first and every other affiliation second?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »

I really don't know the case and I'm not talking about just plain people from the streets though. W/E
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 05:51:06 AM »
This racial crap is one of the many things destroying Israel. When will Israelis realize they are JEWS first and every other affiliation second?

Like any other ethnic group which has been discriminated against, such as during the founding of israel, the secular Marxist Ashkenazi leadership discriminated against religious sefardic jews in particular from Yemen. I would ask Chaim about it on the next ask jtf.

There are also videos of kahane talking about it on YouTube.

The whole thing is tragic because there is no difference. Jews should stand with jews. But who can blame some sefardic jews who have a bad taste in their mouth?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein