Author Topic: I'm glad there are some sane people in this world.  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I'm glad there are some sane people in this world.
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:32:14 AM »
I'm glad there are people in this world like those on this forum who understand the meaning of right and wrong and good and bad.

I lost someone I thought was a friend recently because we disagreed on the gay marriage issue. We had hosted a movie night together, hung out at parties, and had a generally cordial friendship but she's an extreme liberal and I'm proud to say I'm still an extreme right winger. So I knew it was going to happen eventually. It's still sad when it does though.

We ended up clashing over that article going around that scientists now may be able to make babies from stem cells of adults of the same sex. I said it was sick, disgusting, and against what it means to be human. I said that heterosexuals should be the ones to have children and get married.

She is bisexual which I never had a problem with just being her friend but she took it personally and said that expressing that opinion was me stabbing her in the back and that she was done with me.

I'm not attracted to anybody male or female (asexual) so I think it shocked her that I would have such a strong opinion in favor of heterosexual normativity, since I've been quite open and out about my own lack of attractions. I have a strong belief that the building blocks of society should be people in heterosexual relationships raising children in a stable, loving home and that trying to make legal families out of homosexual couplings is dangerous to the stability of society as a whole.  I think other people should support their heterosexual friends and family members rather than trying to rework society to their own image.

I don't completely blame her for her opinions. She's young and has never been exposed to real conservative thought her entire life unless it was in a second hand, demonized version with Republicans saying stupid things about "legitimate rape", and Bush going into unecessary wars etc. I can see why she thinks conservatives are evil, coming from that type of upbringing.

I guess I'm just posting here to ask you guys how you are able to make friends without running into these kinds of problems. It seems impossible. I don't fit in too well with churchy people at least when I've tried and yet if I make friends outside of that environment, it tends to be mostly liberals.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I'm glad there are some sane people in this world.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 03:49:37 PM »
She is not very tolerant to people with other beliefs, which very typical to "liberals".

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 11:39:25 PM »
This person never was a real friend under any circumstances and even if you were a flaming leftist, she would have turned on you.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 02:31:45 PM »
In my college days, I was friendly with many gay guys.  I never heard any of them say they wanted to settle down and start a family.  All they cared about was furthering their acting careers and partying. 

On another note, I once saw an interview with that actor Neil Patrick Harris who is openly gay.  He and his partner decided to have a surrogate bear a child for them.  Anyway, Mr. Harris was saying that for while he was having trouble bonding with the baby.   So I thought "of course you are."  I mean, it's not like this baby was conceived in an act of love. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 02:41:10 AM »
This person never was a real friend under any circumstances and even if you were a flaming leftist, she would have turned on you.

She is such an idealist that anybody who disagrees with her about anything is pretty much seen as evil so you're right about that. I see some of her liberal friends taking issue with some of the things she posts and she acts highly offended by them not immediately agreeing with her. I don't know if she's always been this bad but she's certainly acting like she's PMSing all the time lately both with liberals and conservatives.

She is not very tolerant to people with other beliefs, which very typical to "liberals".

It is a sad thing because they take everything and flip it backwards and then get angry if we don't agree with their warped view of the world.

In my college days, I was friendly with many gay guys.  I never heard any of them say they wanted to settle down and start a family.  All they cared about was furthering their acting careers and partying. 

On another note, I once saw an interview with that actor Neil Patrick Harris who is openly gay.  He and his partner decided to have a surrogate bear a child for them.  Anyway, Mr. Harris was saying that for while he was having trouble bonding with the baby.   So I thought "of course you are."  I mean, it's not like this baby was conceived in an act of love.

That's sad Lisa. I think that his partner probably wanted the baby more than he did. Also there are strong chemical signals that people pick up on with regard to children that are blood related to them vs. children that aren't. There was a study done a while back I read about that had the result of showing that grandmothers tended to dote more on the grandchild that shared the most genetic material with them (they were picking up on some kind of chemical signal). Adopted children often are not treated the same as blood children even with the best intentions although there are exceptions to this. It's biological and not something people necessarily choose consciously.

I think that liberals have this idea in their head of a perfect world, and believe that we are standing in the way of that perfect world. The world they imagine is perfect is where all attractions, no matter how bizarre, can result in biological children, where abortion on demand at any gestational age and even infanticide is considered to be a loving act and not evil, where so-called "love" between an 80 year old man and a 3 year old girl is just as accepted as love between two 20 year olds, where nobody has to work but everyone has a high rate of pay and has full medical coverage, etc. They want to live in a fantasy world basically, while we live in reality and see what they are doing as harmful to human life and well-being.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 06:48:18 PM »
Interesting, Rubystars.

When a woman goes through pregnancy her body changes, and there are hormones at play that cause the mother and child bonding. 

I also read somewhere that when a woman is nursing her baby, and when she hears the baby crying, her body automatically starts producing more milk.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 07:12:03 PM »
I have no friends who are liberals -- nor could I.  For me a "liberal friend" is a contradiction in terms.  If you're a liberal, you're not my friend.  If you're my friend, you're not a liberal.  And if you're not a staunch support of Israel, then I don't even want to know you and you can drop dead.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 11:14:19 AM »
Interesting, Rubystars.

When a woman goes through pregnancy her body changes, and there are hormones at play that cause the mother and child bonding. 

I also read somewhere that when a woman is nursing her baby, and when she hears the baby crying, her body automatically starts producing more milk.
I don't know.  People bond to adopted children.  Some people never bond with their biological child.
I think it has more to do with what is in your mind and heart, over hormones.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
I don't think they could make a baby with two fathers. Perhaps they could do so with two mothers. All people need at least one X chromosome. This comes from the mother. The father gives either an X chromosome (to a daughter) or a Y chromosome (to a son). This was how cloning is done. It's only possible to clone a female animal. Maybe they would try to take an chromosome from one man and a Y chromosome from another man. When I started posting, I hadn't about that part. I guess it's not normal to comprehend this so normal people who don't believe in homosexual ideology wouldn't think of that at first.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
Someone is going to make a monster worse than any monster we have dealt with.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 04:26:13 PM »
Someone is going to make a monster worse than any monster we have dealt with.

You ought to see some of the crazy stuff transhumanists are putting forward as the future of humanity. Quite scary and very against God's will in my opinion.

I don't think they could make a baby with two fathers. Perhaps they could do so with two mothers. All people need at least one X chromosome. This comes from the mother. The father gives either an X chromosome (to a daughter) or a Y chromosome (to a son). This was how cloning is done. It's only possible to clone a female animal. Maybe they would try to take an chromosome from one man and a Y chromosome from another man. When I started posting, I hadn't about that part. I guess it's not normal to comprehend this so normal people who don't believe in homosexual ideology wouldn't think of that at first.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964586/Scientists-say-make-human-egg-skin-two-men.html

I don't know.  People bond to adopted children.  Some people never bond with their biological child.
I think it has more to do with what is in your mind and heart, over hormones.

That certainly can happen. I was just saying that there are biological factors at play as well. Someone's mind can override these though to create a very strong bond regardless. After all I love my pets very much and would fight to defend them and I'm not exactly closely related to them. I imagine having a child that you love with all your heart would be a much stronger bond than that.

I have no friends who are liberals -- nor could I.  For me a "liberal friend" is a contradiction in terms.  If you're a liberal, you're not my friend.  If you're my friend, you're not a liberal.  And if you're not a staunch support of Israel, then I don't even want to know you and you can drop dead.

I wish I could be that idealistic but the bottom line is that most people my age and younger are liberals, and unless I meet them in the context of a political forum like this one, there's no way to tell what their political affiliation is to begin with.

I hosted a mall meetup last weekend and had a good time hanging out with several people of whom I had no idea about their political affiliation. I know at least one is conservative on most issues and at least one is liberal on most issues but the others I wasn't sure about. I always hope at some point I can bring them around if it does come up once I get to know people better but I know the hopes for that are very low.

I have been told not to try to be close friends with liberals but sometimes it's hard because most people out in society tend to have a left wing mind set now so the pool of potentially conservative people is much smaller than it used to be.

Interesting, Rubystars.

I've heard about that milk thing too. It's really interesting how much biology is going on with regards to the parent-child bonding process and especially the mother-child bonding process. Trying to mess with nature like liberals are doing is just so cruel in so many ways. They are deliberately creating an unnatural situation.