Author Topic: What is the best system available to avoid voter fraud?  (Read 899 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
What is the best system available to avoid voter fraud?
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:19:56 AM »
There is an accusation of mass voter fraud in Israel's 2015 {5775} elections.
Actually this is true also for many other elections (for example, the cheating allowed in the Arab sector).
My question is what is the best system to avoid voter fraud?

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Re: What is the best system available to avoid voter fraud?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/193102
Ballots Invalidated at Two Kfar Kassem Voting Stations
Investigations into Arab voter fraud has real-time ramifications 1 week after elections, with hundreds of votes stricken from the results.
The saga of Israeli Arab voter fraud continues Tuesday - as initial investigations have already led to real-time changes in the final 20th Knesset elections results.

Chairman of the Central Election Commission (CEC), Supreme Court Justice Salim Jubran, has invalidated all of the votes from two Kfar Kassem voting stations on Tuesday, after multiple attempts of voter fraud were found.

Both stations were found to have reported nearly 50 votes more than the number of registered voters for each polling station.

An Israel Police investigation has been launched as well.

The CEC also noted that 233 polling stations are under investigation. Of those, 26 polling stations reported unusual incidents (e.g. violence); 97 had a voter turnout over 90% - far more than average; 19 polling stations reported unusual results by locale (e.g. votes for the Joint List in what are normally right-wing Jewish communities - or, vice versa, votes for Yisrael Beytenu or Yachad in Arab communities); and 91 stations which are being investigated over possible human errors in ballot-counting.

Multiple incidents of voter fraud were reported during elections day last week - including several arrests in Arab communities.

Even monitors sent by the Samaria Residents' Committee and other organizations to prevent voter fraud did not deter potential fraudsters, as Arutz Sheva revealed Monday - as one volunteer stated that he was approached and asked to participate by one of the CEC chairs monitoring voting in a round of ballot-stuffing.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »
I found another web site that talks about voter fraud but I don't know if it is a trustworthy web site or a propaganda web site so what I am quoting has to be taken with suspicion
http://nationalreport.net/breaking-news-massive-voter-fraud-intimidation-uncovered-israeli-election/
During a routine post-election review of ballots, exit polls, and incident reports in Israel, independent monitors are now reporting that the country’s 2015 elections may have been the most corrupt in Israel’s history, dating all of the way back to their first ever legislative election in 1949.

The review’s findings show that a staggering 23.4% of ballots were submitted illegally, using the names of deceased Israelis, family pets, and even fictional characters, like Bruce Wayne and Lara Croft. Incident reports, filed by Israeli police with voter names kept in anonymity, show conclusively that “roving gangs” were intimidating voters at various polling stations as well, particularly in districts that showed heavy support for the opposition Zionist Union party, who were running against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s conservative Likud party.

All told, approximately 92.5% of the election fraud and illegal activities benefited Netanyahu’s reelection, and the election of Likud party members into the Israeli Parliament. Monitors are now trying to determine whether or not Prime Minister Netanyahu would’ve won reelection had it not been for this fraud, and whether the Likud party itself, or some unidentified third party, committed those criminal acts.

“We aren’t sure that Prime Minister Netanyahu would’ve won if it weren’t for these acts of fraud,” says one of the monitors, whose name must be kept anonymous due to the nature of their work. “In fact, it’s looking more and more like he would’ve resoundingly lost the election if it weren’t for these fraudulent acts.”

The post-election review dates as far back as Israel itself, and has been done after every election in Israel’s history, to ensure fairness, openness, and a lack of fraud. The review is hosted and carried out by an independent, government-funded civilian organization, which typically spends as many as fourteen months ballot-counting, polling, and otherwise investigating major elections.

“This is the first time we’ve ever seen such widespread corruption in an Israeli election,” says another anonymous monitor. “The most we’ve ever seen prior to this was 8%. This is nearly three times as bad as that election was. And I think most of it comes from foreign influences, like the Americans, who showed more interest in this election than any election of ours prior, since 1949 anyway.”

If Netanyahu did indeed win reelection through fraud, a special election will be held to determine whether he can keep his seat or not, with a mandatory “slow-count” of the ballots, which could take several weeks to complete. If he or the Likud party leadership were directly responsible for these acts of fraud, they might even see jail time as a result.
It should be noted the opinion polls were way off about how many votes Netanyahu was expected to get.
Now it could be that they were biased, or right-wingers increased their voting at the last minute due to the lies of Netanyahu that he was moving to right wing positions. However, I wouldn't rule out fraud

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:08:42 PM »
I was out of the country this election but that report sounds like bullcrap to me. There are no "roving gangs" or intimidation outside the polling station. That just can't happen (except perhaps in some Arab villages). It is also simply not possible to skew the results against the leftist parties in locations where they have heavy support. Every ballot is manned by a committee of representatives from various parties plus every other party can send an observer. The only way to commit fraud is if the committee is in on the fraud which can happen in ballots in Arab villages where all the so called observers and supervisors are Arabs and sometime if a Jewish observer tries to get in they force him out or distract him. It can also happen in some Haredi zones but still it is impossible to be as prevalent as they claim.

I found another web site that talks about voter fraud but I don't know if it is a trustworthy web site or a propaganda web site so what I am quoting has to be taken with suspicion
http://nationalreport.net/breaking-news-massive-voter-fraud-intimidation-uncovered-israeli-election/It should be noted the opinion polls were way off about how many votes Netanyahu was expected to get.
Now it could be that they were biased, or right-wingers increased their voting at the last minute due to the lies of Netanyahu that he was moving to right wing positions. However, I wouldn't rule out fraud

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
I believe American elections are full of voter fraud. I have met people who claim to have voted 2-3 times.

I fully support voter id laws in this country. I would like to cut down the dead voters.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 08:05:44 AM »
Voter I and registration,  and verifiable address. drivers license.