Author Topic: Horse Named After BHO Wins Triple Crown  (Read 4294 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: Horse Named After BHO Wins Triple Crown
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 12:34:45 AM »
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 06:03:08 AM »
I think you're mistaking. Barry was named after horse turd.
Anyway, nice joke. Nowhere was King Barry mentioned in that article.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 12:11:17 PM »
I thought my reference would be obvious for JTF members. We frequently call Obama "Pharaoh Obama" or something related. Obama and Pharaoh are both Hamitic Anti-Semites and both were/are the most powerful person in the World as the head of a superpower.

I actually thought of another connection to Pharaoh. The Torah says Jewish kings should not have too many horses so they won't go back to Egypt since Egypt was the major supplier of horses at the time.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 12:49:37 PM »
I thought my reference would be obvious for JTF members. We frequently call Obama "Pharaoh Obama" or something related. Obama and Pharaoh are both Hamitic Anti-Semites and both were/are the most powerful person in the World as the head of a superpower.

I actually thought of another connection to Pharaoh. The Torah says Jewish kings should not have too many horses so they won't go back to Egypt since Egypt was the major supplier of horses at the time.
I got it. :::D I think of Obama as the Pharaoh before the exodus too.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »
It's probably safe to say that Jockey Victor Espinoza is the first non Jewish jockey to visit the Lubavitcher rebbe’s grave:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3297710/posts?page=42
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
The owner, Ahmed Zayat, I strongly suspect he is not my kind of Jew, maybe he is an Obama kind of Jew. It seems like he is still an Egyptian citizens with business ties to that drekhole. If he is indeed some sort of a Jewish Arab I would rather some real Arab won the crown. Speaking of which all these zillionair Arab sheiks must pull out their mustache in anger thinking the Yahood had cheated them.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 08:55:17 PM »
I got it. :::D I think of Obama as the Pharaoh before the exodus too.

I was going to say "BHO Wins The Triple Crown".

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »
The owner, Ahmed Zayat, I strongly suspect he is not my kind of Jew, maybe he is an Obama kind of Jew. It seems like he is still an Egyptian citizens with business ties to that drekhole. If he is indeed some sort of a Jewish Arab I would rather some real Arab won the crown. Speaking of which all these zillionair Arab sheiks must pull out their mustache in anger thinking the Yahood had cheated them.

What is a "Jewish Arab"? An Arab that converted to Judaism? If there was such a thing, the correct term would be Arab Jew. Or is it someone with a Jewish mother and Arab father?

There are ignorant people that think Arab means someone from an Arabic speaking country just like people think Hispanic means someone from a Spanish speaking country (Both are false.). Arabs are descendants of Ishmael while Jews are descendants of Isaac through Jacob. Any one in an Arabic speaking country who adopts Islam basically converts into the House of Ishmael just like a convert to Judaism joins the House of Israel. But Non-Muslims in Arabic speaking countries should not be called Arabs unless they are actual descendants of Arabians. The Arabs say everyone was Arab but numerous Christians who are indigenous to Middle Eastern countries are not Arabs and preceded the Arab invasion of Non-Arabian Middle East countries. The Arabs had no real History of their own before Islam so they try to hijack the Ancient Near Eastern cultures similar to how "people who be talking like dis" try to steal other people's cultures.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 11:21:39 PM »
The owner is Shomer Shabbat.

Kiddush Hashem

Not only that, if the race is on a Saturday, the whole family WALKS to the track.

I admire people who put feet to their faith.

But Hillul Hashem when the racer was praying in Lubavitch grave and some non-sense that was said by it especially by someone saying that the "Rebbe will intervene" (along those lines).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 02:55:39 AM »
My rabbi said that the (non-Jewish) jockey of American Pharoah prayed at the Rebbes grave... It seems that there was merit in doing so...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 02:56:35 AM »
The owner is Shomer Shabbat.

Kiddush Hashem

Not only that, if the race is on a Saturday, the whole family WALKS to the track.

I admire people who put feet to their faith.

But Hillul Hashem when the racer was praying in Lubavitch grave and some non-sense that was said by it especially by someone saying that the "Rebbe will intervene" (along those lines).

Apparently what was said was for the good, the horse certainly won... Against all odds.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 03:07:35 AM »
The following attempts to explain why people pray at the grave of Tzadiks, and how the merit of the tzadik can work in favor of the one praying. My rabbi is traveling to New York in 2 weeks to attend the Rabbis Yartzeit at the Ohel...

http://ascentofsafed.com/cgi-bin/ascent.cgi?Name=b13q16

Q:
"How can you take people to pray at the graves of departed righteous Jews? We are supposed to pray only to G-d and to believe that G-d is the source of all blessings. Is it not "idol-worship" to pray to a tzadik at his grave?"

A:
Praying at "holy gravesites" is a time-honored and widespread Jewish practice. Of course, praying to the dead or even asking them for information, holding seances, etc. is clearly prohibited (see Deut.18:11) and is related to avodah zarah - idol worship. Therefore, we are obligated to assume that this is not what Jews at gravesites are doing. Outward appearances, and perhaps even the words of our sages in this matter, may be easy to misconstrue. Nevertheless, we must be very, very careful about labelling the practices of large numbers of G-d fearing Jews with the grievous sin of "idol-worship."

In discussing the verse [Num. 13:22], "They went up through the south and [he] came until Hebron...", the Talmud [Sota 34b] interprets it to imply that Kalev, the only one of the twelve spies besides Yehoshua who did not slander the land of Israel, came to Hebron alone [see also Joshua 14:6-15]. Why did Kalev make this solo side-trip? "He went to prostrate himself upon the graves of the Patriarchs. He said:"Fathers of the world, pray for me that I be saved [i.e. succeed in resisting -- Rashi on the verse] the evil counsel of the other spies."

Nobody thinks that Kalev prayed to Avraham, Yitzchak or Yaakov. Rather, he requested that they add their prayers to his own supplications that Heaven grant him the inner strength to follow through on his good intentions. He prayed specifically at their burial site in order that their merit combined with the holiness of their final resting place help make his prayers more acceptable.

The holiness of these gravesites is derived from the lingering connection of the soul to its point of final departure from the body after burial. Many of the previously unknown burial sites of famous tzadikim in the vicinity of Zefat were first identified by the Holy Ari [Rabbi Yitzchak Luria--1534-1572], who was able to sense the presence of the specific soul hovering about each place. This presence is especially strong on the tzadik's yahrzeit [anniversary of the passing].

The Zohar [III:70B ff--quoted in Tanya IV: 27 (p.292)] states that without the prayers of tzadikim, the world would not endure for a single moment. Tzadikim shield the world, and even more so after their death than in their earthly lives. A striking example is the Matriarch Rachel, who, we are told [Midrash Rabbah; Rashi and Ramban on Gen.49:7; haftorah, 2nd day Rosh HaShanah] was buried on the highway at Beth Lehem so that her descendants in exile after the destruction of the First Temple could pray at her grave and she could pray for them. Also, the Midrash movingly depicts [c.f. Me'am Lo'ez on Gen. 37:36] a distraught Yosef tearing himself away from his captors and weeping hot tears over his mother's grave.

In our days, we too, utilize this same principle of calling upon the merit of departed tzaddikim, their benevolent prayers, and the holiness of their final resting places. In fact, not only is this practice permitted, it is recommended; and in certain situations, such as severe droughts, it is actually legislated [Taanit 16a].

Moreover, the model of Kalev praying at the burial site of the Patriarchs is extended not only to the resting places of tzadikim but also to one's personal forebearers. One of the classic halachic commentators, the Bach [Rabbi Joel Sirkes 1561-1640, in Yorah Deah end of 217], strongly approved the practice of praying at one's ancestors' graves in times of difficulty, since their merit can intervene to help avert an unpleasant decree. Indeed, it is an almost universal Jewish custom to visit the graves of close relatives on the anniversary of their passing and to pray there.

This practice is cited in Jewish Law in connection with the High Holidays.

After prayers on the morning preceding Rosh Hashanah, it is customary to go to the cemetery and there to pray and give charity to the poor. Since a cemetery is the place where the righteous rest, prayers are more readily acceptable there. Circle the grave and give charity before saying the supplications.
Shulchan Aruch I, 581:4 with Mishna Brurah 27]

And when you do this, remember!

Supplications are made to exhort the tzaddikim there to intercede for us on the day of judgement. However, we do not direct our prayers toward the dead who rest there; rather, we implore G-d to have mercy on us for their sake. [Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 128:13]

May our prayers find favor in G-d's eyes. May we all be inscribed for a good and sweet year.

Sincerely,
Yrachmiel Tilles

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 04:00:13 AM »
A Jew who thinks he is a Jewish Arab or Arab Jew is a sick self hating Jew. It seems that the Zayat family was close to the Egyptian leadership and they are only of a handful of Jews who stayed there and seemingly prospered. The wikipedia article says Zayat's father was a physician of Anwar Sadat and that Zayat himself owned and managed one of the biggest beverage company in Egypt.

I think my hunch about that honorary camel humper were correct, if what wikipedia reports is true:

Though Zayat has publicly identified as both Jewish and Muslim at times, his family attends Congregation Bnai Yeshurun in Teaneck, keeps kosher, and hold to Shabbat traditions. When questioned about his religious affiliation, Zayat stated, "Why is it relevant, and why does it matter? It's personal."

What is a "Jewish Arab"? An Arab that converted to Judaism? If there was such a thing, the correct term would be Arab Jew. Or is it someone with a Jewish mother and Arab father?

There are ignorant people that think Arab means someone from an Arabic speaking country just like people think Hispanic means someone from a Spanish speaking country (Both are false.). Arabs are descendants of Ishmael while Jews are descendants of Isaac through Jacob. Any one in an Arabic speaking country who adopts Islam basically converts into the House of Ishmael just like a convert to Judaism joins the House of Israel. But Non-Muslims in Arabic speaking countries should not be called Arabs unless they are actual descendants of Arabians. The Arabs say everyone was Arab but numerous Christians who are indigenous to Middle Eastern countries are not Arabs and preceded the Arab invasion of Non-Arabian Middle East countries. The Arabs had no real History of their own before Islam so they try to hijack the Ancient Near Eastern cultures similar to how "people who be talking like dis" try to steal other people's cultures.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »
Apparently what was said was for the good, the horse certainly won... Against all odds.

:laugh: 

So everytime an idol worshipper wins something and prays to his "gods" beforehand means that the idols are true and they helped him ?  :o

Listen to his publicist at.the end of the video you posted. Avodah Zara!
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 04:37:34 PM »
There have been others.
It's probably safe to say that Jockey Victor Espinoza is the first non Jewish jockey to visit the Lubavitcher rebbe’s grave:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3297710/posts?page=42

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »
:laugh: 

So everytime an idol worshipper wins something and prays to his "gods" beforehand means that the idols are true and they helped him ?  :o

Listen to his publicist at.the end of the video you posted. Avodah Zara!

I listened and did not hear avodah zarah, I heard exactly what I posted concerning how a tzadik can intervene in our prayers.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 05:05:38 PM »
This is what he said (I transcribed as I watched)...

Mike Weitz

He believes with G-ds help and the rebbes interceding for him that he is going to be very succesfull and very safe.

This doesn't seem to be avodah zarah, this is the belief that the tzadik can intercede in our prayers when we pray at his grave.

Avodah Zarah would require praying to the tzadik in the belief he would be able to grant our desire. Nobody from Chabad nor that publicist said anything to indicate they believe in any power except for Hashem. But we do believe that those righteous in Hashems 'eyes' can bring merit if we pray at their graves. I don't see anything improper in this.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »
See the custom on Rosh Hashanah which is discussed in the original post I made on this topic above..

http://www.torah.org/learning/halacha/classes/class128-13.html

Chapter 128:13
The Month of Elul

13. It is customary to go to the cemetery after the morning service on the day preceding Rosh HaShanah and pray at the graves of righteous people ("tzaddikim"). While there, we give charity to the poor and recite many supplications to arouse the holy tzaddikim who are buried there to intercede on our behalf on the day of judgment. Furthermore, since tzaddikim are buried there, the place is holy and pure, and prayers recited there are received more favorably because they were recited on holy ground.

The Holy One, blessed be He, will surely deal graciously with us in the merit of the tzaddikim. We, however, should not direct our prayers to the dead who are buried there, since doing so is close to being included in the prohibition against "inquiring of the dead" (1). Instead, one should implore G-d, blessed be His Name, to have mercy upon us in the merit of the tzaddikim who lie in the dust.

A person who has not seen a cemetery within thirty days should recite the blessing "Asher yotzar es'chem ba'din"(see Chapter 60, Law 11) when he comes to the cemetery. When he reaches a particular grave [of a tzaddik], he should say, "May the rest ("menucha") of so and so (the name of the person) buried here be honorable, and may his merit assist me."

When he places his hand on a Tzaddik's gravestone, he should place his left hand and not his right. At that time, he should recite the following verse [from Isaiah 58:11, which describes the rewards for sincere repentance and good deeds]:

"May G-d always guide you, satisfy your soul in drought, and make your bones strong. May you be like a watered garden and a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."

[He then adds the following prayer for the deceased]: "May you lie in peace ("shalom") and sleep in peace until the coming of the comforter ("menachem," that is, the Messiah) who will proclaim peace.

(As one is placing one's hand on the gravestone, one should have in mind that the aforementioned verse beginning "May G-d guide you..." contains fifteen Hebrew words, corresponding to the fifteen joints of the hand).

One should not go to the same grave twice on the same day. If the inscription on a tombstone is engraved in a way that makes the letters protrude, reading that inscription harms one's memory. One can remedy [these negative influences] by reciting the blessing that begins with the words "Ahavah Rabbah" until the words "ul'yachedcho b'ahavah."

FOOTNOTES:

(1) See Deut.18:11

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 05:12:24 PM »
I'd also like to address Zelhars lashon hara on this topic...

Because he was the personal doctor of Sadat that means his is not a real Jew? I'm sure you feel the same about Rambam who was the personal physician to none other than Saladin himself ( http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/107791/jewish/Physician-and-Medical-Author.htm ):

Rambam reached the peak of his professional reputation as a doctor when he was appointed to the staff of the court of Saladin as royal physician. He was charged with personally supervising the health of the Grand Vizier Alfadhel, as well as members of the royal family.

Despite living in Egypt for a good part of his life and being the physician to the muslim rulers Rambam is considered one of the most authoritative sages on Halacha.

On what basis do you defame him?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »
I must give this guy credit for keeping Jewish under such harsh conditions in Egypt. One of my good Minyan buddies is of Egyptian Jewish descent. His family lost all their belongings in the 1970s during the expulsion of many Egyptian Jews after the war. In order to live as a Jew in that foreboding land requires a great deal of tact. Sometimes Jews had to keep their faith private and tell others that they believe otherwise. I don't think it is the best, but it is a survival instinct and Jews around the world have lived like that for centuries.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »
BTW the Saladin whom Rambam was physician to was the very Saladin which fouight against the Christian crusaders...

Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb (Kurdish: سەلاحەدینی ئەییووبی/Selahedînê Eyûbî; Arabic: صلاح الدين يوسف بن أيوب‎) (1137/1138 – 4 March 1193), better known in the Western world as Saladin, was the first Sultan of Egypt and Syria and the founder of the Ayyubid dynasty. A Muslim of Kurdish origin,[4][5][6] Saladin led the Muslim opposition to the European Crusaders in the Levant. At the height of his power, his sultanate included Egypt, Syria, Mesopotamia, Hejaz, Yemen and other parts of North Africa.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 05:46:23 PM »
He is a "real" Jew simply based on halacha and I am not saying he is not (though him claiming at times he is also muslim makes me wonder what lineage he hails from). It doesn't make much sense to bring up the Rambam to justify that worm Zayat. Zayat has a choice, he is free from persecution and secured in the US and he can always come to Israel should he wish to. Why had he chosen to get back to Egypt and conduct big businesses there, bringing economic benefits to that Islamic country which is a sworn enemy of the Jews?
I'd also like to address Zelhars lashon hara on this topic...

Because he was the personal doctor of Sadat that means his is not a real Jew? I'm sure you feel the same about Rambam who was the personal physician to none other than Saladin himself ( http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/107791/jewish/Physician-and-Medical-Author.htm ):

Despite living in Egypt for a good part of his life and being the physician to the muslim rulers Rambam is considered one of the most authoritative sages on Halacha.

On what basis do you defame him?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »
He hails from a reach family of protected court Jews. He didn't escape to the US, his parents paid for him to study in YU (Yehudunist University). He is rich, and has always been wealthy and always had the option to leave Egypt which he did. He also has the sense to not raise his own children in that Arab drekhole. But for reasons of grid he makes business with the enemy and pretends when it is convenient to be a muslim.
I must give this guy credit for keeping Jewish under such harsh conditions in Egypt. One of my good Minyan buddies is of Egyptian Jewish descent. His family lost all their belongings in the 1970s during the expulsion of many Egyptian Jews after the war. In order to live as a Jew in that foreboding land requires a great deal of tact. Sometimes Jews had to keep their faith private and tell others that they believe otherwise. I don't think it is the best, but it is a survival instinct and Jews around the world have lived like that for centuries.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2015, 08:12:24 PM »
 "recite many supplications to arouse the holy tzaddikim who are buried there to intercede on our behalf on the day of judgment."

Nonsense. But then that author corrects himself.
 "however, should not direct our prayers to the dead who are buried there, since doing so is close to being included in the prohibition against "inquiring of the dead" (1). Instead, one should implore G-d, blessed be His Name, to have mercy upon us "