Author Topic: if i go barefoot in the streets of Jerusalem or Tel Aviv other Jews will accept?  (Read 2246 times)

Offline isrl1

• New JTFer
or i'll be persecuted, harrassed, rejected etc?

is going barefoot socially acceptable in those cities or in a city in Israel?

there is that thing of going barefoot as a sign of mourn someone but i want to do it always

p.d. i'm not interested in the "health risks"

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
If you go barefoot, you  might step on something sharp and dirty which can lead to an infection and maybe getting your foot amputated.

You choose.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
people will look at you funny and might call you weird. You may also be offered some change.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline isrl1

• New JTFer
no my foot won't be amputated that's extremely ignorant to say, nor infected unless i step on glass-nail covered in poo, there are a lot of disinformation about going barefoot, most sheep will never see the truth that going barefoot is safe as it's safe for dogs to go barefoot

so it's not acceptable i knew it, never mind thank you, seems only new zealand are wise enough to go barefoot, rest of the world is not that intelligent

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
There's a Yiddish expression from the days of Der Heim: A goy geht ohna zokken - "A Gentile walks around without socks!"

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Lol no one will pay attention to what you have or don't have on your feet.  Who is going to harrass you?   Silliness.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Sheep will never see the truth that going barefoot is safe as it's safe for dogs to go barefoot

Really? Because my dog injured his paw several times including having to get something removed from it once I think.

It's also safe for dogs to sniff people's butts.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
If you walk in to an eatery barefoot, people, usually agitated Americans, will physically forcefully oust you, shouting "We don't want to see your feet!": I've seen this several times in Israel, in kibbutz dining halls, beit hatavshils, weddings, baal teshuva yeshivas and central bus station cafes!

And claims that you are oso ha'ish jus' won't cut it!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Walking around barefoot is apparently a sign of intelligence. Africans must be real smart.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
I don't know whether there is some Jewish modesty related Law forbidding or discouraging it. But if that were the case, as a foreigner, you should respect it. Most people will not care, because many Israelis are also lenient about those rules but, if one goes on a tour, it would be better to behave in a manner to show respect top everyone. Anyway, I have no idea about the Jewish Law on bare feet.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
Noone will tell you anything,only the garbage in nazigestapo uniform working in security force will use it to harass you to fill lazy day

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Unless you enjoy stepping in doggy doo or glass I wouldn't advise it!!!!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The only place i go without shoes is on the beach, pool or when i train.Btw i once punctured my foot the doctor gave me a tetanus shot
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I'm just wondering what do urban barefeet walkers do when they need to use the public restrooms.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Sometimes i walk in the street barefeet to carry food in from the car, but it's like 5 secs. I wish Muman was here, I want to know the connection with this and wearing shoes during prayer.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Sometimes i walk in the street barefeet to carry food in from the car, but it's like 5 secs. I wish Muman was here, I want to know the connection with this and wearing shoes during prayer.

Where is muman?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Where is muman?

Idk I hope I didn't make him feel bad.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Do people in Israel actually walk around barefooted? Such a strange topic.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Do people in Israel actually walk around barefooted? Such a strange topic.

no

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision