Author Topic: Question.  (Read 1295 times)

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
Question.
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:52:11 PM »
Why did God place enemy countries surrounding Israel? What Test is God giving the Jews?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Question.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 07:47:33 AM »
God gave men freedom to chose between good and bad. Therefore these nations made a conscious choice to be evil and hateful.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Why did God place enemy countries surrounding Israel? What Test is God giving the Jews?

I agree that Chaim's opinion on the matter makes sense, G-d is setting up a fight between Torah and the Koran in front of the whole world. In Rabbi Mizarchi's opinion, even with the Arabs hating and killing us as much as possible, Jews are still trying to intermarry with them as much as they can, if there were nice evangelical Xtians surrounding Israel, there'd be no Jewish people left now. Imo, since we exist to "love G-d and fulfill his commandments" and the only way the world ever takes the G-d of Israel seriously is when they see Jews winning battles, G-d chose the people that would bring the battles on constantly, so he could prove to the world again and again that he runs it. There's probably another 150 legitimate opinions.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 09:50:29 PM »
Deuteronomy Chapter 32

21 They have roused Me to jealousy with a no-god; they have provoked Me with their vanities; and I will rouse them to jealousy with a no-people; I will provoke them with a vile nation.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
Who is the no-god?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 07:40:31 PM »
I think I meant to write non G-ds as in idols

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 07:54:19 PM »
I think I meant to write non G-ds as in idols

That's initially what I took from it, but what is Israel's idol now? It said "a non-god". In previous eras, you see in the writings of the prophets that the prophets say "stop following that particular idol" and attack specific idolatrous practices. What idolatry do we have to seperate ourselves from to avoid the calamities of this non-people?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 08:28:18 PM »
That's initially what I took from it, but what is Israel's idol now? It said "a non-god". In previous eras, you see in the writings of the prophets that the prophets say "stop following that particular idol" and attack specific idolatrous practices. What idolatry do we have to seperate ourselves from to avoid the calamities of this non-people?

Probably worship of the United States, and of the ideology of liberalism, in general. 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 08:30:19 PM »
Probably worship of the United States, and of the ideology of liberalism, in general.

Not insulting, you've stated my first thoughts in both instances, but "Probably"? C'mon, it's Torah. Prove.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »
I'm just stating my opinion, based on what I read about in the news. 

As for Torah, it's from Deuteronomy chapter 32:21.  The vile nation, sounds exactly like the fakestinians.  And the fact is, they are vile.  Their sole purpose it to harm and kill Jews.  They have no moral value whatsoever. 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 11:15:27 PM »
I'm just stating my opinion, based on what I read about in the news. 

As for Torah, it's from Deuteronomy chapter 32:21.  The vile nation, sounds exactly like the fakestinians.  And the fact is, they are vile.  Their sole purpose it to harm and kill Jews.  They have no moral value whatsoever.

Yeah saw that before makes sense, but there's no one else you can really put there instead of the Arabs, put there's a billion idols today that it could be and it says "a no-god". There was just 1 making Hashem jealous? Which one is it, we'll start the fight there.