Author Topic: Question : Can we debate about what religion is the "real" one ?  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Question : Can we debate about what religion is the "real" one ?
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:10:18 AM »
?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:17:33 AM by Dexter »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Question : Can we debate about what religion is the "real" one ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:42:03 AM »
Dexter, religion is a personal thing...no one soul is designed the same..therefore every soul needs to think of Gd differently..

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

newman

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 10:47:27 AM »
That would start a heap of trouble on this forum.

Jews and noachides KNOW which religion is right. Why start a bunfight with our allies?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »
That would start a heap of trouble on this forum.

Jews and noachides KNOW which religion is right. Why start a bunfight with our allies?

newman, talking about theology doesn't have to lead to one person saying, that his way is right and THEREFORE everybody else is wrong..that's incorrect way of thinking in regards to theology.

The proper way of talking about one's theology is when he/she says, "I do it this way because...and that's why it's right TO ME."
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 04:05:44 PM »
Yes you could but it would be extremely hard to do so, without basing a lot of evidence on personal views and experiences.

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »
this should clear it up
Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" Deuteronomy 6:4

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me.I am the LORD, and there is no other," Isaiah 45:5-6
 ok lets break it down...."Hear.O Israel!"  Torah,Mitsvah,Obligation,Blessing,only HaShem,light unto the Nations.Mosiach.1 God.the rest comes under prohibition of the mitzvah{ie other Idols false churches}and you are right ,that it the way it is..
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »
this should clear it up
Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our G-d, the LORD is one!" Deuteronomy 6:4

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no G-d. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me.I am the LORD, and there is no other," Isaiah 45:5-6
 ok lets break it down...."Hear.O Israel!"  Torah,Mitsvah,Obligation,Blessing,only HaShem,light unto the Nations.Mosiach.1 G-d.the rest comes under prohibition of the mitzvah{ie other Idols false churches}and you are right ,that it the way it is..
That's the best verse you've found ? I can find much more but it can couse big problem with the Christians I ghess .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 04:45:28 PM »
?

u asked i found, if u could find a better quote ....why ask?
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 04:47:15 PM »
?

Because I don't want to couse problems .
I'v sent to quotes in PM .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »
?

Because I don't want to couse problems .
I'v sent to quotes in PM .
Ah, go on.  Cause some problems. ;D
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
This thread should be locked, i am completely against turning jews to christianity a they have a different covenant with god, and i respect that, If a christian started this thread would he be banned???

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »
if you think there really is ONE real religion, do you believe that everyone shoudl follow it exactly the same?

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 06:34:08 PM »
is that question to me?

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
just got ur pm m8..i think we are saying the same thing..rambam is very clear on this trinity thing.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »
This thread should be locked.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris