Author Topic: What is the most intresting era of the Jewish people's history ?  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
What is the most intresting era of the Jewish people's history ?
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »
In my opinion, the most intresting era of the Jewish people's history is after the Jewish rebelion against the Greek-Syrian empire .

BTW, TOO MANY TOPICS WITH INFO BUT NOT DISCUSSION !
AND IT MAKES THE FORUM MUCH LESS INTRESTING .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
Re: What is the most intresting era of the Jewish people's history ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 08:25:09 AM »
I'm not saying it's a good thing, but Masada did strike me as interesting, that to avoid being slaves, people were willing to commit suicide.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:44:21 AM »
Masada is a special yet sad place at the same type, specifically when you look down and you can still see the roman encampments surrounding the entire mountain.

The first temple/City of David period is pretty interesting and if anyone is in Jerusalem or is planning to visit, I recommend going to Ir David.

newman

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:30:23 PM »
I like the re-birth of the State of Israel and the resurection of Hebrew as an everyday language. There are real miracles we can all see on film!!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 08:25:20 AM »
Jews has many interesting periods in history; sometimes I think that their history was too interesting for their own good. ::) The Machabean history is interesting they were like Kahanists!
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »
The most interesting portion of Jewish History to me would most emphatically would be to be a witness to Sinai and all the history surrounding Moshe....imo ;)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline wolf from Danube

• New JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
The time of David Salomon Gouverment is very interesting.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:57:35 AM »
I think the most interesting chapter in history is yet to come !
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"