Author Topic: Can't touch that elevator  (Read 2615 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Can't touch that elevator
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »
I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but...
I'm in a building visiting a relative. I've got
300 bags. Waiting next to me is a pair of Jews. They're
empty handed. They asked me to push the buttons.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Can't touch that elevator
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 02:02:43 PM »
There are Shabbat elevators in some hospitals that stop at every floor so you don't have to press the button.

But they can ride them?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 02:13:15 PM »
What if you have to go to the can and no one's around?
What if you hit the buttons with a tree branch?
Or something long from the floor or trash bin?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »
Or what if a Jew is in an all Jew residential building, how do you go home?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 02:21:53 PM »
we jews are so silly sometimes  :P
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »
we jews are so silly sometimes  :P

I'm sorry for laughing but Imagine:::)

I'm in a building visiting a relative. I've got
300 bags. Waiting next to me is a pair of Jews. They're
empty handed. They asked me to push the buttons

It's prohibation against lightning fires in Sabath again?
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »
Jews are not supposed to ask nonJews to do work for them on a sabbath during the sabbath..before the sabbath they can give directions..but that's it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 03:17:57 PM »
Or what if a Jew is in an all Jew residential building, how do you go home?

Up the steps.

Isn't that much more work than pushing the button on the elevator?  ???
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:20:17 PM »
Jews are not supposed to ask nonJews to do work for them on a sabbath during the sabbath..before the sabbath they can give directions..but that's it.

Yes I read this in Torah; but it's aimed mainly for strangers living in jewish housholds or goim employees; but in this case the pushing of elevator is producing electricity ergo lightning the fire which is prohibited; still it was better for them to use stairs than cheating the law by using poor burdened chinese man with maaannnyyy bags. It' was not nice. ;) BTW what Jew shoud do if the light went off in the middle of Sabath?
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »
BTW what Jew should do if the light went off in the middle of Sabbath?

Nothing, let it be the way it is, for example you can turn on lights also the air conditioner before Shabbah and leave it on for the rest of of Shabbah, also if it was an accident where the lights turned on in the middle, then you don't do anything just let it be the way it is.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 05:12:25 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »
You can use the lift but not press the button?

By pressing the button you are intending to use the lift which uses electricity, by going inside without pressing the button still results in you using the lift and electricity.