Poll

Has your involvement in JTF/JTF forum caused any undesirable disruption in your family, work, school or social life in spite of obvious and serious consequences that you knew would follow because of this?

Yes
6 (42.9%)
No
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: JTF Addiction  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
JTF Addiction
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:14:55 PM »
Just want to get a pulse on how people are doing as per Chaim's comments about JTF addiction on last week's JTF.

Maybe we can help people who need help. This is not a joke.

Lots of people are addicted to forums all over the internet and JTF is an especially enticing place to get addicted to.

If people are doing JTF activities instead of wasting their time doing something meaningless that's great. But I'm concerned about others.

There is no question that JTF and its forum has done a tremendous amount of good in people's lives. Maybe people would like to share about that as well and say how the PROs have outweighed the CONs.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 05:28:35 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: JTF Addiction
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »
Not that I am super addicted.. but it keeps me sane when I have nothing to do. If I find a girlfriend I will probably be on here less.. but until then this is the place to be  ;D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 05:19:26 PM »
I'm quite addicted! But not to the measures that i need help. :laugh:

Its not disruptive at all but quite often I spend time I should be using to study and do my homework..but there are more important things in life and JTF keeps me sane!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 05:51:31 PM »
Well, social life, that's arguable.  I MIGHT go out more often if I wasn't on JTF so much but I don't think that I would.  As far as interfering with law school and relationships with family, NO WAY, I would never let that happen.  JTF is just a fun, educational, and meaningful way to fill the pockets of boredom throughout my day, that's about all.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:12:22 PM »
evertime I have something to do for school, I get bored and go on the forum, I guess it is somewhat addictive expecially very recently.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 06:13:58 PM »
I love the forum but wouldn't say I'm addicted. I have too many other obligations to sit on here all day although I would love to! :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 06:19:56 PM »
Thats why I think closing the forum on shabbat is a good thing for all of us gentiles because it gives everybody a break, and wake up call to really see that there are many responsibilities that come before the forum.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 06:23:48 PM »
I am definitely addicted. I just joined Yesterday and already have close to 40 posts. My math homework took my 2 hours last night because i was multi-tasking on the jtf forum.
It's certainly worthwhile though.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »
I'm only on the JTF a few hours in the evening before popping off too paltalk. I find this forum the best on the web. I hated the site was down for the period of time it was, but it made me enjoy it even better. You never realize what you have, until you don't have it any more.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 06:45:13 PM »
I'm addicted to some degree... but I love it and feel really good about it, no guilt involved!