Author Topic: Cheney and Obama are distant cousins  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Cheney and Obama are distant cousins
« on: October 17, 2007, 03:20:00 AM »
 WASHINGTON (Reuters) - There's no sign of a family reunion planned, but U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama are distant cousins.
ADVERTISEMENT

So says the vice president's wife, Lynne Cheney, who said she discovered that her husband of 43 years is eighth cousins with the senator from Illinois.

The two men could hardly be more different. Cheney is an advocate for pursuing the war in Iraq to try to stabilize the country, while Obama wants to get U.S. troops out of Iraq.

Mrs. Cheney told MSNBC on Tuesday that it was "an amazing American story that one ancestor ... could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."

The common ancestor was Mareen Devall, who the Chicago Sun-Times said was a 17th century immigrant from France.

Mrs. Cheney said she discovered the link through family research for her new book, "Blue Skies, No Fences," about growing up in Wyoming.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Cheney and Obama are distant cousins
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 04:18:34 AM »
Interesting although not very that meaningful.  I heard once that all human beings are 17th cousins or something like that, and all people of a particular ethnic or racial group are cousins of a higher order. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:24:52 AM »
no suprise here...Monkey see monkey do.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:17:22 AM »
My uncle is princess Diana's 7th cousin.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 12:02:44 PM »
My 5th cousin was biblical King David.LOL no he was a Bush ,no he was a Sharpton.Man I hope their wrong.LOL ;)