Author Topic: I never said that  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: I never said that
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 04:32:02 PM »
He was'nt lost G-D told him to take that route so it would be like basic training for the Israelites
I thought that the route they were told to take was a punishment for soemthing, I cvan't remember what at the moment, possibly the golden calf incident, it's way too long since I've read exodus, I'll make a point of reading it this weekend, don't have the time right now.
No, it's because Moses didn't talked to the rock as god said to him, instead, he hited the rock with his stick.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 04:32:54 PM »
Moses was the smartest and holiest man to ever live.  And he didn't get "lost."

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 04:33:39 PM »
It was the golden calf incident and G-d as a punishment to Moses and his followers at the time, caused them to be lost in the desert for 40 Years.
The punishment of treveling in the desert was because the oldest generation did not trusted god, therefor they treveld 40 years for the oldest generation will get old and will die.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 04:39:45 PM »
I was banned yesterday when someone said that I called Moses a "dumb Jew bastard"  I never called him that. Just I don't think he was as smart as people think.  I want to know why I was banned yesterday for something I never said.  I'm very angry about it.  First I never got the support for my co-op problem, now this!  It's disgusting!

Your posts about Moses are highly offensive. And JTF is not in your debt, you cannot demand "support" from people whose respect you have not earned.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
The last 2 people who posted on this topic are offensive.  I am entitled to my opinons and if you 2 don't like it, TOO BAD!!  I'm tired of being nice to people here.  After what happened to me in my co-op, I'm tired of being called a racist or anything else because there are people who find my views "offensive".  If you don't like what I said, then don't ban me for it.  I like the debate, but not the threats from you 2. 

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 05:42:30 PM »
What have I done?

I have told you that you cannot just expect everyone to do something just because you say so!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
I don't expect anything.  I just don't want to be disrespected here.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 06:16:54 PM »
Which question Yacov?  I asked Chaim plenty of questions.  I just asked one for the next "Ask JTF" show about the Ann Coulter story.  I won't know what he says until that show is posted on Sunday or Monday.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 06:33:56 PM »
Your posts about Moses are highly offensive. And JTF is not in your debt, you cannot demand "support" from people whose respect you have not earned.

Nic put it perfectly.  Respect has to be earned.  So after what you wrote about Moses, I don't think you're in any position to be demanding respect. 

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »
It is my opinon, Lisa.  That should be respected. I should not have been banned over it.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
Rules 2 and 3 explain why Joe shouldn't have been banned.

2. In accordance with this goal, the JTF Forum seeks to provide JTF supporters with the opportunity to express their views, to develop their debating skills, and to learn facts which may not be available elsewhere. JTF hopes that this experience will build new and effective leadership for both the Jews and the Righteous Gentiles in the struggle to save both America and Israel.

3. Critics and opponents of JTF should also be permitted to post messages on this forum as long as the criticism does not include threats or personal attacks. It is healthy for JTF supporters to learn how to debate and respond to such critics, and it also makes the forum more interesting.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 07:45:34 PM »
Sorry.  I disagree.  It would have been one thing if Joe simply wrote that Moses should have become Pharaoh and released the Hebrews from slavery then, and left it at that.  But calling him stupid, not bright, and a Jew b-----d was totally uncalled for. 

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »
Gotta agree.We should not down any  Men of God.

kellymaureen

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
The last 2 people who posted on this topic are offensive.  I am entitled to my opinons and if you 2 don't like it, TOO BAD!!  I'm tired of being nice to people here.  After what happened to me in my co-op, I'm tired of being called a racist or anything else because there are people who find my views "offensive".  If you don't like what I said, then don't ban me for it.  I like the debate, but not the threats from you 2. 

I'm sorry if you felt that I threatened you in my last post, Joe; I don't think I did that. I was really trying to make you realize the severity of what you said about Moses. It sounds like you feel strongly about this. Like your co-op problem, perhaps you should explain to Chaim your issues with Moses and why you felt you were unjustly banned. JTF is a religious organization, and we will tolerate debate but not libel of our great Jewish figures, especially THE central figure, Moses. That's just dangerous. For example, you are welcome to respectfully disagree with Rabbi Kahane on his tactics and religous beliefs, but you cannot call him an idiot, liar, dumb jew bastard, etc.. Please, all I'm asking is that you express your entitled opinions in a respecful manner or don't express them at all. In fact, I'd rather you'd say the things you said about Moses about me instead.

That was beautifully said!!
Joe is a really good person, I am not an authority on religious figures, but as I so weakly said to him that Moses was chosen for the job he did, and no matter how it looks to us, he may have had knowledge that no one else had, or even been TOLD what to do exactly and no matter even how odd it may have sounded to him, who would argue with God?  Bottome line, he did what he was chosen to do and freed his people.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 10:16:28 PM »
Thank you Kelly for your comments.  This will be the last time that I will defend myself on this topic.  NOT AT ANY TIME THAT I CALLED MOSES A "JTEW BASTARD"!!!  If Lisa or anyone else says that I did, THEY ARE A LIAR!!  Do not accouse me of that again.