Author Topic: George Bush Vetos supporting Health Care for Children  (Read 2242 times)

Offline warlord2080

• Junior JTFer
George Bush Vetos supporting Health Care for Children
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:41:15 PM »
As i look at the TV bush wants to support on the war then the children at home. Definally a big issue on the list.As much I hate bush vetoing health support for children, it is is like vetoing people's civil rights

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071003/pl_nm/usa_health_kids_veto_dc_3
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 10:48:49 PM by warlord2080 »

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: George Bush Vetos supporting Health Care for Children
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
He vetoed expanding it by the amount that Democrats want to expand it by.  Whatever amount that he wanted, they selected a higher number.  Then, they'd either get what they want, or if he were to veto it--like he ended up doing--they'd accuse him of not wanting children to get health-care. 

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »
Quote from: RationalThought110 link=topic=10014.msg#msg date=
He vetoed expanding it by the amount that Democrats want to expand it by.  Whatever amount that he wanted, they selected a higher number.  Then, they'd either get what they want, or if he were to veto it--like he ended up doing--they'd accuse him of not wanting children to get health-care. 

Yeah, it's the same crap that they do every year with the entitlement budgets.  They want to raise the budgets by 10% and if the other side raises them by 5% they claim that the budgets are being cut.  It's a political shell game.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:47:14 AM »
The SCHIP was basically a children's version of Hillary's health care proposal
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline warlord2080

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 07:04:32 AM »
tho i'm not really a hillary supporter. who would want scandals 24/7 in the white house  while the white house gate is flooded with lies sometimes I think the government is turning corporatism meaning that a organization and a government working together to manipulate people.