9 (27.3%)
Yes, it's one of my favorite foods.
7 (21.2%)
Yes, it's my favorite food.
5 (15.2%)
No.
12 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you like sushi?  (Read 10881 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Do you like sushi?
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »
   I like Sushi.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 12:08:11 PM »
I rather eat fish cooked
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Kiwi

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 11:40:07 PM »
You know G-d allowed man to create fire for a REASON!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 12:08:44 AM »
well did he?

Actually i didn't hear the greenies demanding the abolishment of fire/heating and stuff.

Watch my words.
it's Al ghore's next step.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Kiwi

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 12:44:44 AM »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
I love sushi and especially with the Wasabi sauce O0 ;D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 10:22:22 PM »

mean i almost read  and especially with the Wahabi sauce.

that wwould be quite cannibalistic...
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »

what do you mean?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 12:13:13 AM »

what do you mean?

Wahabi  = extrrrreme muzzies from Sodomi-arapia.
to make sauce of them , is a bit inhumane.
And it is forbidden to eat humans.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »

what do you mean?

yeah it does rhyme

kellymaureen

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 05:25:12 AM »

what do you mean?

Luckily they arent human lol but youre right that would be one awful sauce ^-^

Kiwi

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 06:41:30 AM »
Wahabi  thats that hot green stuff ? :-\

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 02:07:23 PM »

There's Jihad Wahabi sauce and Kamikaze Wasabi sauce, pick your choice ;D

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 09:30:46 AM »

what do you mean?

Left this one to Husar, I read here that we're to help Osama (Usamah Ibn Ladin too) :D
Did you noticed that medias made him a Jewish? :-[
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »
My brother loves it i hate it
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 01:26:55 PM »

what do you mean?

Left this one to Husar, I read here that we're to help Osama (Usamah Ibn Ladin too) :D
Did you noticed that medias made him a Jewish? :-[

I don't understand what you're saying Ultra Requete 8;)

Kiwi

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 06:29:48 PM »
My brother loves it i hate it

O0 O0 O0 Good man  8;)

Kiwi

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 06:31:53 PM »

There's Jihad Wahabi sauce and Kamikaze Wasabi sauce, pick your choice ;D

oh it is then. Thats not to bad I like that stuff, I love hot food. I had cooked fish with it.  O0 :::D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 08:16:01 PM »
I couldn't eat any meat or fish raw.  Even though I know all sushi is not raw, I still associate it with being raw and I don't like that seaweed wrap either.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 07:15:22 AM »
Corection Bin  is as valid as ibn:

Monday, December 27, 2004
Who Put the Bin in Osama Bin Laden?

My knowledge of Arabic is, regrettably, rudimentary, consisting of one semester of formal study, supplemented by unsystematic factoids acquired along the way in a career devoted mainly to other Semitic languages. However, I do know that the Arabic word for "son," at least in its dictionary form, is "ibn." Therefore why is it "Osama Bin Laden," and not "Osama Ibn Laden"? (Actually you can find via Google a few hundred cases of "Osama Ibn Laden," far outnumbered by the million or so for the "bin" form.)

I thought I had this figured out. Here's what I was thinking: In Arabic the consonant (glottal stop) that carries the sound /i/ in "ibn," is the "hamzatul wasl," which is not etymologically original to the word. It disappears when preceded by a vowel. You can see the hamza disappear in another famous Arabic name, wherein "Abdu al-Jabbar" (Servant of the Almighty) becomes "Abdu-l-Jabbar." In the instance of OBL, the expected "Osama Ibn" becomes "Osama Bn," which by the additional process of anaptyxis (i.e., insertion of a helping vowel; see previous post on The Joys of Anaptyxis) becomes "Osama Bin." Ta-da!

But then I read here:

In colloquial Arabic in the Persian Gulf, the word meaning “son of” is pronounced “bin,” not “ibn,” when it refers to a family name. Hence, the popular Romanization conveys the pronunciation “bin,” and not “ibn.”
All right, that makes sense. The Arabic vernaculars are often pretty different from the Standard Arabic that I was semi-educated in, so I have to accept this. Still, wouldn't the Evil One wish to be known by a Standard or Hocharabisch name, and not by a colloquial form? Or do the colloquial and standard simply merge in this case?

At this point we reach an abrupt end of my Arabic knowledge. If any of my readers can give me an authoritative opinion, I would be very grateful: Who put the Bin in Osama Bin Laden? (My wife told me, "Honey, I can't imagine anyone being interested in this." C'mon, folks, prove her wrong!)

posted by EMC @ 1:09 PM   3 comments 

3 Comments:
At 12/27/2004 01:54:00 PM,  Dierk van den Berg said...
In Arabic there is only one spelling, but the transcription into Latin letters knows variants like Ben Laden, Bin Ladin, bin Ladin, bin Laden and BinLaden. His first name, Usama, is easily pronounced by Americans as Yusama, therefore Arabs often write Osama. Originally, BinLaden was a Yemenite clan name, forwarded by his fertile father Muhammad BinLadin over the Arab Penisula (Al-Jazirah) of the Saud clan. However, acc. to Arab custom he is called AbuMuhammad Usama binMuhammad BinLadin - Father of Muhammad, Usama, son of Muhammad of the "sons of Ladin". I recall the War Scroll 1QM and need a cup of coffee now. Would you also care for a cup of coffee now?

tot ziens,
Dierk
KU Nijmegen (NL)

At 12/27/2004 02:45:00 PM,  EMC said...
That's good information, but it doesn't answer my question. Let me put it a different way: In OBL's dialect, is "bin" used regardless of the phonetic environment? Would one indeed say, for instance, "Muhammad Bin Laden" or "Muhammad Ibn Laden"?

(Personally, I drink coffee around the clock.)

At 12/27/2004 03:36:00 PM,  Dierk van den Berg said...
In the declined form 'ibn' apparently turns to 'bn/u', which has been polished to 'bin', the only form adopted by and thus familiar to the Western media. So the family-clan name ibnLadin (cf. ibnSaud) has turned into binLadin (some argue for the terror era that followed after the assassination of his teacher 'Abdullah 'Azzam in Peshawar 1989).

http://ralphriver.blogspot.com/2004/12/who-put-bin-in-osama-bin-laden.html 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm