Author Topic: The Reason For This Section  (Read 5028 times)

admin

The Reason For This Section
« on: October 26, 2006, 12:32:45 AM »
Since JTF is more than just politics, I have decided we need topics to reflect an outlook on The World in general. We have to realize that everything around us is work of The Holy One Blessed Be He. Topics discussed here may include Nature (Plant and animal life or the physical environment.), Science, or Science and Judaism.

JTF is a philosphy and an outlook on life, drawing from the teachings of Gadol Doreinu, HaRav Meir David Kahane, ZT"L, HY"D. Therefore, we should make this forum all encompassing and use our ideology to draw on all subjects.

I'd like people's feedback and opinions.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:43:50 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

wonderfulgoy

Re: The Reason For This Section
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:38:22 AM »
I love how you have titled this section.  I think it is good to have  a section where sciences and philosophy may be discussed without necessarily having to follow the Torah line exactly.

I want to talk about the whole thing concerning destiny/fate, perhaps I can do that here with a new thread later on. 

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 04:31:27 AM »
Get thee hence Satan writes that in this section "sciences and philosophy may be discussed without necessarily having to follow the Torah line exactly."

While posters can express opinions here that differ from JTF's views, JTF ITSELF ALWAYS FOLLOWS THE TORAH LINE EXACTLY.  G-D FORBID THAT WE SHOULD HAVE THE ARROGANCE OF SAYING ANYTHING CONTRARY TO THE TORAH, WHICH G-D GAVE TO THE ENTIRE JEWISH PEOPLE ON HAR SINAI.  THAT IS LIKE SAYING THAT WE KNOW BETTER THAN THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, G-D FORBID.

Again, posters can disagree with JTF, but JTF believes with perfect faith that every letter in the Torah is absolutely true and correct and just.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 06:44:42 AM »
Get thee hence Satan writes that in this section "sciences and philosophy may be discussed without necessarily having to follow the Torah line exactly."

While posters can express opinions here that differ from JTF's views, JTF ITSELF ALWAYS FOLLOWS THE TORAH LINE EXACTLY.  G-D FORBID THAT WE SHOULD HAVE THE ARROGANCE OF SAYING ANYTHING CONTRARY TO THE TORAH, WHICH G-D GAVE TO THE ENTIRE JEWISH PEOPLE ON HAR SINAI.  THAT IS LIKE SAYING THAT WE KNOW BETTER THAN THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, G-D FORBID.

Again, posters can disagree with JTF, but JTF believes with perfect faith that every letter in the Torah is absolutely true and correct and just.

I never doubted, neither the integrity of the Word which was with G-d even before He made the universe, neither that JTF would deviate even one iota from the Word.  :)

What I meant was that we could perhaps discuss other interesting philosophical and scientific sources.  This is hardly a Yeshiva after all.  :)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 01:02:40 AM »
I think that their can and will be many problems starting some deeper concepts and ideas about G-d etc. becuase I dont belive that people here (with all due respect, myself included) are that knowledgable enough where their might not arise wronge answers and just a misunderstanding of the truth, we cant really have this here without some 1 trully knowledgable to sort out and tell us whats right and why.  leaving it out just for posters is like having philosophy- which is gussing and using limited knowledge to come with all the answers for everything.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 09:58:53 AM »
I think that their can and will be many problems starting some deeper concepts and ideas about G-d etc. becuase I dont belive that people here (with all due respect, myself included) are that knowledgable enough where their might not arise wronge answers and just a misunderstanding of the truth, we cant really have this here without some 1 trully knowledgable to sort out and tell us whats right and why.  leaving it out just for posters is like having philosophy- which is gussing and using limited knowledge to come with all the answers for everything.

I agree with most of what you mentioned about the deeper concepts and ideas about G-d.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
I think this section is brilliant because we can be thankful to God, through the beauty of his creation regardless of religion. Its one of the greatest signs. I don't know how one can even consider being Atheist!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
I think this section is brilliant because we can be thankful to G-d, through the beauty of his creation regardless of religion. Its one of the greatest signs. I don't know how one can even consider being Atheist!

same here Atheism = unhappiness!  :'(