Author Topic: How Did Light Come Before The Creation Of Sun And Moon?  (Read 6951 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
How Did Light Come Before The Creation Of Sun And Moon?
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:16:22 AM »
Genesis 1:3

Then G-d said, "Let there be light and there was light"

But on the 4th day only G-d created Sun and Moon (Genesis 1:16-19) after creating light.

For a sincere worshipper of the G-d of the Bible this should not be a question at all because he/she believes that G-d is Almighty and He has the power to create light even before creating the Sun and the Moon!

However Gensis 1:2 gives the answer:  "And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep; and the Spirit of G-d (Ruah HaKodesh) was moving over the surface of the waters."

Why would the Spirit of G-d move over the waters without a purpose?
  When the Spirit of G-d (Ruah HaKodesh) was "moving" heat energy was produced, then sound energy was produced and finally light energy was produced - then G-d said let there be light and there was light!.

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: How Did Light Come Before The Creation Of Sun And Moon?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:03:31 PM »
There is an AMAZING free audio download about this very topic on Aish's web site. I recommend listening to it... it's fascinating. Lots of other good tracks there too!

Scientific Data Supporting Creation
by Gans, Mr. Harold

Hear a clear scientific explanation of the Torah's account of creation. Mr. Gans compares the current scientific theories with what Torah scholars have been saying all along. Hear a 'model of creation' that sounds as reasonable as any theory you have heard from the scientific community.

http://www.aishaudio.com/search/results.php?directkw=science&catlink=Science
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:57:20 AM »
im not going to go deeper, but just one quick thing b4 i retire for the night, - the sun is just one star, look at the sky ( if your lucky enough and dont live in a city that blocks the natural beauty of the universes), every star you see and dont see, but that does exist, it another sun.  Woow look and ponder the greatness that G-d created soo we can see and praise HIM.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:34:50 AM »
According to modern physicists, all matter is composed of light.

Everything.

"Let There Be Light" makes perfect sense as prerequisite for the Creation of the celestial bodies.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 12:38:06 PM »
According to modern physicists, all matter is composed of light.

Everything.

"Let There Be Light" makes perfect sense as prerequisite for the Creation of the celestial bodies.
Exactly.  Light was created at the moment of the big bang when matter was formed.  Our sun was created after many galaxcies and other stars closer to the center of the universe were formed.  J. Shabbat, what the medrish really means is that when G-d initiated creation (the big bang), everything that happened afterwards was planned to occur from that one action to the finest detail.  He didn't physically create everything first and then put them together.  But by  a single action, everything that was planned to be created was set into place at the first moments of creation. 

An interesting point is that in my opinion all of creation that G-d created is based on G-d creating the concept of randomness and uncertainty because without this law the world would not exist and much of physics and chemistry is based on this concept.   So G-d needs to constantly will this law into existance or the world would not exist. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 12:54:06 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

adam613

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 08:05:19 PM »
It is interesting in reading these responses and as I said I am big enough person to admit I don't know all the answers. In some circles it does seem to me that anything secular that is said some people try to make twist the theory into the torah while it may not be true.

My question though remains: The Jewish people are suppose to observe the Sabbath. to denote the fact that g-d created the world in six days and rested the seventh day. So then the 7 days have to be equally spaced to have this legitimacy. If some of these days were billions of years while once Adam was created the days were normal sized we still have the same problem. Part of the reason the Jews are suppose to keep the Sabbath as g-d's people is to testify that the world was created in 7 days and g-d knew that other theories would be invented. In terms of evolution though there does seem to be serious problems with it including the lack of free speech in being able to say anything else even though some scientists do feel that evolution could not have take place because certain systems could not have developed in segments.

IN terms of Aish Hatorah I can't respect them and would not recommend them.