Author Topic: Guilt: A Jewish Value  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Guilt: A Jewish Value
« on: October 23, 2007, 11:38:04 PM »
So so so many Jews have this ridiculous mentally ill "moral" or ethic that is called guilt. If there was ever a truly evil stereotype about Jews this is it. The irony of course is that it is us that created this monster. The idea of Jews being rich or smart, while they may not be accurate I'm not offended. You called me rich and smart? I'm insulted  ;), but guilt, guilt I do mind. Too many Jews feel guilty for anything they can. For example there are Jews (I would bet) that if a burglar entered their home and tripped on the floor and died, would feel guilty. What type of mental illness is that? They should give a Zevach Todah, offering of thanks, to G-d for having saved them, but instead they would feel guilty. What mental illness, what a lost people. What a tragedy.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Guilt: A Jewish Value
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 11:43:11 PM »
So so so many Jews have this ridiculous mentally ill "moral" or ethic that is called guilt. If there was ever a truly evil stereotype about Jews this is it. The irony of course is that it is us that created this monster. The idea of Jews being rich or smart, while they may not be accurate I'm not offended. You called me rich and smart? I'm insulted  ;), but guilt, guilt I do mind. Too many Jews feel guilty for anything they can. For example there are Jews (I would bet) that if a burglar entered their home and tripped on the floor and died, would feel guilty. What type of mental illness is that? They should give a Zevach Todah, offering of thanks, to G-d for having saved them, but instead they would feel guilty. What mental illness, what a lost people. What a tragedy.

eh, we'll take the good with the bad...feelign guilty is a good and bad...i say it's not a bad flaw to have.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:44:45 PM »

eh, we'll take the good with the bad...feelign guilty is a good and bad...i say it's not a bad flaw to have.
It is a disease that takes over too many liberal Jews. They lose pride and respect. They begin to fight for everyone else and are "offended" when someone fights for them.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 11:46:48 PM »
Im sorry guys Its probably my fault.I feel terrible.LOL  :-[
LOL ;)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 11:49:04 PM »

It is a disease that takes over too many liberal Jews. They lose pride and respect. They begin to fight for everyone else and are "offended" when someone fights for them.

LIke i said, i would rather have this as my flaw...guilt can also put down haughtiness and ego...

But yes, Jewish guilt has its drawbacks as you had described.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 11:54:40 PM »
Other soldiers make fun of my lack of pride.They say why do you tell other men if you fought them they would probably beat you up?Because number one ,Pride cometh before destruction and two, I won't boast.However If you saw me you would laugh at my gentle speech. ;)