Author Topic: Kurds and Turkey  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
Re: Kurds and Turkey
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 03:01:54 PM »
Their culture is similar to that of the Eastern/Arab
It is. The food, the music and the housing is quite similar (the apartment blocks)

Not to mention that I almost knocked out this Greek guy because he couldn't take the hint that Lisa was not interested in marrying the dude and was visibly shaken by this dudes continual sexual advancements....to the point of open rudeness...
LOL - Greeks can be quite pushy ! They don't take no for an answer  ^-^
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 07:46:57 AM »
Quote from: Merkava link=topic=10226.msg#msg date=
Their culture is similar to that of the Eastern/Arab
It is. The food, the music and the housing is quite similar (the apartment blocks)

Not to mention that I almost knocked out this Greek guy because he couldn't take the hint that Lisa was not interested in marrying the dude and was visibly shaken by this dudes continual sexual advancements....to the point of open rudeness...
LOL - Greeks can be quite pushy ! They don't take no for an answer  ^-^

Well, there you have it.  Apparently my culture is similar to Arabs.  I guess Greeks must look like Arabs as well.  Since most, if not all, people on this forum probably hate Arabs, I wouldn't want to make you all uncomfortable by subjecting you to my Arab-like culture and presence.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 09:03:49 AM »
Well, there you have it.  Apparently my culture is similar to Arabs.  I guess Greeks must look like Arabs as well.  Since most, if not all, people on this forum probably hate Arabs, I wouldn't want to make you all uncomfortable by subjecting you to my Arab-like culture and presence

In SOME ways ..... In regards to attitudes, mannerisms, culture & physical looks  Greeks are much more like the Spanish & the Italians.Geez...have you ever heard a girl compare a man to an Arab G-d?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:42:51 AM by Merkava »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 11:36:48 PM »
Quote from: HiWarp
Well, there you have it.  Apparently my culture is similar to Arabs.  I guess Greeks must look like Arabs as well.  Since most, if not all, people on this forum probably hate Arabs, I wouldn't want to make you all uncomfortable by subjecting you to my Arab-like culture and presence.
HiWarp, I think you are overreacting. If forum members point out that many Greeks act like jerks and are anti-Semitic, why would you take that as an attack unless you embody those principles? I am Mexican American, and we here on this forum often criticize wetbacks and other Hispanic dogs and cats, and I don't mind, because the things said are true.

Rather than looking for reasons to be insulted, why don't you either agree with the fact that some of your countrymen are of low character, or refute these claims being made of them?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 07:36:19 AM »
Quote from: HiWarp
HiWarp, I think you are overreacting. If forum members point out that many Greeks act like jerks and are anti-Semitic, why would you take that as an attack unless you embody those principles? I am Mexican American, and we here on this forum often criticize wetbacks and other Hispanic dogs and cats, and I don't mind, because the things said are true.

Rather than looking for reasons to be insulted, why don't you either agree with the fact that some of your countrymen are of low character, or refute these claims being made of them?
:::D :::D :::D
I do not need to agree or refute anything.  The fact that there are always going to be a number of people of all cultures that act like jerks neither needs to be agreed with nor disputed because it is a statement of fact based on common sense.

I took exception to having Greek culture compared to Arab culture.  IMO, similarities between the two cultures amount to certain elements that remain from the Ottoman occupation, which, by the way, disgust me when I see them referred to as Greek.

It's actually ironic because this is the primary reason I despise the Islamic takeover attempt of the west today.  Historically, Greek culture flourished until the Ottoman conquest.  It then remained stagnant for over 400 years, followed by another 150 or so years before the country began to stabilize.  This is what the west can expect today, if they continue handing their countries over to Muslims, whether by conquest or immigration.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 10:44:39 AM »
I am Mexican American, and we here on this forum often criticize wetbacks and other Hispanic dogs and cats, and I don't mind, because the things said are true.

I concur