Who do you want to win?

The Rockies
4 (28.6%)
The Red Sox
3 (21.4%)
I don't care.
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Who do you want to win The World Series?  (Read 3100 times)

admin

Who do you want to win The World Series?
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »
I want The Rockies to win.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Who do you want to win The World Series?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »
I could care less about a bunch of overpaid Dominicans

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »
Red Sox for Epstein and Youkilis.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »
Aside from my hometown teams (Jets, Islanders, Mets), yes, I have to find something to root for, and following Jews in sports is kind of a past time.  I also root for other reasons when they present themselves, such as a few years ago when I rooted for Notre Dame in football when their coach (Charlie Weis) dedicated the season to a kid who had died from cancer.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:13:56 PM by Ari »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:17:25 PM »
I'm rooting for the Bears.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »
I'm rooting for the Bears.

You mean da Bears ;)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 10:23:27 PM »
The Rockies, because they are the underdog, but I really don't care. I am a hockey fan and currently listening to the Ducks/Coyotes game going on now. We're a very weak team this year with the retirements and spate of injuries, but don't care. DUX FOREVER!  ;)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:50 PM »
Well, basketball is probably my least favorite sport, but I do still follow it.  For some reason, I was never a big Knicks fan (as I was a Jet, Met, and Islander fan).  I was rooting for them when they hired Larry Brown (Jewish), but that turned out to be a disaster because the stubborn schwartzes on the Knicks wouldn't listen to him and play defense.  I then became a Nets fan, when I confirmed Lawrence Frank was Jewish.  Moreover, the schwartzes on the Nets appear to be more civilized (unlike Stephon Marbury and Isiah Thomas), though Jason Kidd has been having some trouble lately.  Growing up in NYC, it seems like people generally choose one team or another.  So, if you're a Jet fan, you wouldn't root for the Giants, a Met fan, you wouldn't root for the Yankees, etc.  Also, part of the reason I developed the Jewish sports thing was when I was a kid, I had a pretty good Italian friend who always used to brag to me about Italian athletes (Marino, Montana, etc.), so I had to have some examples of Jews to come back with in the conversation.  I can understand your reasoning with expansion teams.  It's nice to see a new winner.  I think some jerseys can look pretty cool, and when I was a kid I used to collect them, but not much anymore.  I have a couple of framed ones from when I was younger.  I'm listening to the game now online.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:30:36 PM by Ari »

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 05:46:25 AM »
the Bad News Bears
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30:01 AM »
Down 0-2 but still I'll have to go with the Rockies, I love the underdog!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 09:38:44 AM »
San Diego Padres
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
 :-\
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 10:55:49 AM »
I agree with Savage on this one: Who cares?  Watching people who get paid millions to chase after a ball, many of which cannot read, write nor speak proper English....  I'd rather pick up a good book, play with the dog or have a nice bottle of Merlot and watch the sunset...;)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 01:05:45 PM »

Why does MLB baseball keep getting players from other countries?  When some teams do it, other teams consider it to be an unfair advantage so then they also do it.  So why don't all the teams agree not not get players from other countries?

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »
I like expansions teams, teams that never won before, and teams with cool colors and names. The Rockies fit all that. And they fit something you like. All their players are donating their playoff share to the family of a minor league coach who died when he was hit by a foul ball.

I watched some of game 2 and I think a broadcaster mentioned that they dedicated the number 64 to the guy. 

Joe Schmo

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 02:15:53 PM »
It was great when the other team scored that touchdown.

Yeah!  Go team!

Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 02:18:12 PM by Scriabin »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 02:34:05 PM »
It was great when the other team scored that touchdown.

Yeah!  Go team!

Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown!

What team?

The Judean Saints.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 04:07:28 PM »

Why does MLB baseball keep getting players from other countries?  When some teams do it, other teams consider it to be an unfair advantage so then they also do it.  So why don't all the teams agree not not get players from other countries?
Because the white man's society is now become so decadent and n iggerdly that they rather sit on their asses and watch it rather than keep in shape and play.  Plus the white man is more apt to attend university to become a Dr. than some shvartza who ducks school and spends his time playing basketball in the hood keeping out of the way of his mother's "business" times so she can earn money servicing her customers...   ;)  Of course I'm joking but there can be much truth in that revolting example...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.