Author Topic: Be Very Wary Of Evangelicals' Support For Israel  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Be Very Wary Of Evangelicals' Support For Israel
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:07:15 AM »
Be Very Wary Of Evangelicals' Support For Israel
By:  Pastor Kenneth W. Rawson

Many right-wing Israelis were disturbed by the Israeli Chief Rabbinate’s recent ruling banning Jews from participating in the evangelical Zionist Feast of Tabernacles parade in Jerusalem and the conference that followed.

The ruling was triggered by Richard Booker’s planned tour of an army base before Sukkot. Why the concern? Booker is an authority among evangelical Zionists on Israel and end-time prophecy. His book Blow the Trumpet in Zion predicts that up to ten million Jews will be killed (and eternally damned) in an end-time holocaust because two-thirds of the Jewish people living at that time will refuse to accept Jesus during a massive missionary effort targeting them for conversion.

Actually, this is a common concept among evangelicals.

Evangelical churches are adopting and financing Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria. The lead evangelical church in this arrangement distributes Booker’s book as representing its end-time views on Israel. Also, David Pawson, one of the speakers at this year’s conference that followed the Sukkot parade, is quoted in Family Restoration magazine as urging the conversion of Jews to Jesus now.

Earlier this year, attendees at AIPAC’s annual conference gave Dr. John Hagee, founder of Christians United for Israel (CUFI) a thunderous ovation when he pledged his organization would never target Jews for conversion. Within a matter of days, Hagee reneged on that pledge. During a live broadcast he was ecstatic that his pet project, Daystar Christian Television Network, had, despite opposition by rabbis, obtained a million-dollar license to reach every home in Israel with the Gospel, day and night, 24/7.

Hagee enthused, “It’s just all I can do to keep from getting up and dancing. It’s a joy and it’s a dream come true. If we are able to preach the Gospel without reservation…it’s a major breakthrough.”

What an admission of Hagee’s conversion agenda!

After a year of regular daily missionary pitches, Hot Cable TV is trying to pull the plug on Daystar. Yet many Israeli leaders continue to defend the friendship of evangelical Zionists. Why? Because evangelical Zionists donate millions of dollars to various noble causes in Israel.

Some evangelicals call this “provoking Jews to jealously by acts of love to convert.” Rabbi Michael Skobac of Jews for Judaism calls it “making nice to lubricate the conversion process.”

I say to Jewish leaders: Accept the evangelicals’ money. Given Christianity’s history with the Jewish people, they owe Israel every penny of it. Thankfully, since the 1800’s there have been ardent Christian Zionists with no hidden agenda. But most evangelical Zionists believe Jews must accept Jesus as their savior before his return or be damned.

When evangelical Zionists march in the streets of Jerusalem shouting “We love Israel,” one is tempted to ask how many of them really mean they love a Christian Israel. Or how many of them believe, with Richard Booker, that a future holocaust awaits ten million Jews?

Meanwhile, evangelicals will continue to raise millions of dollars to fly Jews to Israel from every nook and corner of the earth. In their view, Israel must be preserved as a prophetic sign of Jesus’s imminent return. Good. As I wrote above, accept their money. But be sure to stand strong against any conversion agenda. And stop the charade of flattery. It is pushing some Jews into the evangelicals’ web of conversion. I have seen this happen.

Many Jewish leaders insist that evangelicals have no conversion agenda. Evangelicals themselves can easily put an end to any doubts by following the example of the Christian Scholars Group on Christian-Jewish Relations, composed of American Catholic and non-evangelical Protestant scholars, which in 2002 issued the following declaration:

“In view of our conviction that Jews are in an eternal covenant with God, we renounce missionary efforts directed at converting Jews.”

These are Christians who don’t necessarily believe that Israel has any biblical basis and who in some cases are even pro-Palestinian, yet they wanted to publicly “renounce missionary efforts directed at converting Jews.”

If pro-Palestinian Christians can make such a declaration, I urge all CUFI leaders and pastors to publicly state, without evasive language, that they too have no missionary agenda and that they publicly renounce all financing of missionary efforts by others directed at converting Jews.

Pastor Kenneth Rawson conducts a worldwide program to strengthen Jews’ connection to their heritage. To help counter missionary activity, he’s published a booklet titled “Embrace Your Jewish Heritage.” For information on how to obtain a free copy, visit  www.jewish-heritage.com.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Re: Be Very Wary Of Evangelicals' Support For Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 12:14:30 AM »
Personally, I think that smart people use evangelicals for their support of Israel and that's it. Anyone who's smart doesn't blindly take everything that they say to heart, because the end result is the conversion of every last Jew. That's what their main and ultimate goal is, although I love the way they view Muhammed and other Muslim Terrorists. A lot of the US gov't can take a lesson from at least those two things: Support Israel and see Islam for what it really is.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 12:16:57 AM »
Obviously, Jewish leaders have every right to govern the land G-d gave them as they see fit. It may be true that some evangelical leaders have no genuine concern whatsoever for the people of Israel. However, I don't think this is the majority.

There are Jew-hating "Christian" Nazis (such as Hank Hanegraaf of [Satanism] Research Institute, who proudly writes that "Zionist butchers" in 1948 raped and mutilated thousands of Arab girls) out there who absolutely must be destroyed, but I do not see John Hagee as one of those. In fact, I am quite sure that Hagee is one who says Jews do not ever need to convert. Even if he felt otherwise, I don't think holding the opinion that everyone should be of one religion, if meant with sincerity and no hatred and animosity, makes you a wicked person. (In other words, if the Dalai Lama issued a proclamation that the entire earth should convert to Buddhism, I would feel no anger towards him. I would disagree very much, but not hate the guy.)

However, at the end of the day, the Jews very much need to be wary of everybody around them, considering how the world has treated them for 4,000 years, and make decisions for themselves accordingly.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:43:41 AM »
Good advice about being wary.CF! ;)

newman

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 03:30:58 AM »
I knew it!!!

Most christians cannot resist the urge to try and convert Jews. Hagee should be killed for his trechory!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 03:53:24 AM »
You shud be wary of anyone but take the help from everyone nethertheless, The christian zionist may try but not force to convert you becouse they're good christians but still they're your best and only alies against palestinians and their western "liberal" usefall idiots allies; BTW where are the donations for Yesha settlements from so "fierce" defenders of Judaism like Donny Deutch and his reformed/conserved brethren? BTW in Case of global war with low to medium nuclear exchange 2/3 of all people in Earth will die in the year after becouse the colapse of global economy, nuclear winter, the fall of law&order, local wars, femine plagues,  etc... It's not antisemitic to predict that 2/3 of jews will be dead too. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 04:11:58 AM »
As I said in the other topic, it's ok to be Zionist and practise another religion instead of Judaism or Noahidism. But it's wrong to use Zionism to missionize.
And Halachically a Jew can accept money from any monotheistic religious Goy, but when that goy tries to convert the Jews it is forbidden, since foreign religions are avodah zarah for a Jew even if they are ok for Goyim.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 05:08:29 AM »
The writer of this article is endorsed by Ehud Olmert.  I'm weary about him and his views.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 05:40:14 AM »
honestly evangelicals are soley money focused, and no one should trust them anyway.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 06:31:31 AM »
The writer of this article is endorsed by Ehud Olmert.  I'm weary about him and his views.

That doesn't mean he can't make valid points. I think this article is very valid.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 08:52:30 AM »
Does that mean we should also be wary or John Hagee? I personally LOVE his speeches!

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 09:40:26 AM »
The Evangelical Christians are good people, they really do have a place in their heart for the Jews.  However, Jews need to understand that Evangelicals  want to convert Jews to Christians.  This is part of the foundation of their beliefs.  The Evangelicals should not be allowed to missionize in Israel, thery can help support us and fight Arabs, I totally agree with that.  There aint that many of us jews around to begin with, so  if they keep converting us.... you can imagine. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 09:46:35 AM »
The Evangelical Christians are good people, they really do have a place in their heart for the Jews.  However, Jews need to understand that Evangelicals  want to convert Jews to Christians.  This is part of the foundation of their beliefs.  The Evangelicals should not be allowed to missionize in Israel, thery can help support us and fight Arabs, I totally agree with that.  There aint that many of us jews around to begin with, so  if they keep converting us.... you can imagine. 

I completely agree with this. This is the main factor which motivates fundamentalist Christains to support Israel. So I think that Jews need to take Christian support of Israel with a grain of salt and with some caution. I wasn't surprised when the Allen-T situation took place on here a few months ago. I suspected that there might be some Christains on here who felt this way and just weren't expressing these thoughts out loud. I'd like to think that most of the Christains on here are sincerely devoted to the Jewish state of Israel for Jewish sake and not for the ultimate goal of converting us all to Christianity. At the same time, I also suspect that there still might be some on here who have that goal and are just not voicing this out loud.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 10:40:51 PM »
Dan one must understand Christianity.It is in away at odds With Judaism.But here we are trying to form a coalition of Jews and Christians.We must not divide.WE all Know the differences.We can argue after the Temple is built.Till then we will as they say Co exist! ;) :) :) :) :)
Wayne jude!

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 11:08:04 PM »
People exist to benefit themselves and right now it is in the Evangelicals interest to help Israel, we take their help in money or whatever form. This doesn't mean you have to "get in bed with them." They're good, they're helping us, and we have too few allies as it is, be happy and take their help, but keep a barrier between religions
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 11:25:27 PM »
Jews have to understand the message G-d is sending us, if we dont reach out to Jews and bring them Judaism then others will, and others will give them all sorts of other beliefs and $ to go along with that. We should see this as a sign, becuase once their is genuine Jewish outreach done to Jews, all the other religions and cults will seem like a joke to Jews after they see Judaism. - Believe me its not that hard to know why Judaism is correct and why other religions cant be right and theirs solid proof of why not.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 11:39:15 PM »
Jews have to understand the message G-d is sending us, if we dont reach out to Jews and bring them Judaism then others will, and others will give them all sorts of other beliefs and $ to go along with that. We should see this as a sign, becuase once their is genuine Jewish outreach done to Jews, all the other religions and cults will seem like a joke to Jews after they see Judaism. - Believe me its not that hard to know why Judaism is correct and why other religions cant be right and theirs solid proof of why not.

Tzvi, I would try to refrain from saying that other religions are not correct...For Jews, other religions wouldn't be correct. For gentiles, to each their own whatever works for them as long as the believe in an almighty Gd. Our own theology works for us and those who want to convert...but each and every nation deserve the theology that works for their culture and nation...Gd is our Father...and we, the nations are His children.  Each child has a special ability. Like a normal father who has one son gifted in music, he will send that child to music school, while the other son, is gifted in science, will go to science school...A good father will not send both children to music school...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 11:44:07 PM »
And we are trying to form a coalition not divide ourselves.There are so few of us as it is! :) ;) :)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 11:46:31 PM »
And we are trying to form a coalition not divide ourselves.There are so few of us as it is! :) ;) :)

hey listen...I'm trying to help here...i refuse to allow, even someone as the same religion and ideology as me to say it is the only right way...to say that is UnGdly
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »
Didn't mean that ,its we most not let others divide us.And thats all.Smile! :)