Author Topic: Mazal Tov to Yigal and Larisa Amir!  (Read 8204 times)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
Re: Mazal Tov to Yigal and Larisa Amir!
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 07:33:32 PM »
The way I see it, there are two issues that need to be differentiated. One is on the issue as to whether or not Oslo should have been implemented. The other issue is on whether or not it was right to assassinate Rabin. Some people operate with an either-or mentality (including some forum members) that if you were against Oslo, then you think it was right to assassinate Rabin and vica versa. But this is simply untrue. After the Rabin assassination, my Kahanist friend was going on and on about how great it was that Rabin was assassinated and what was wrong with the Oslo accords. It reached the point where I told him that he convinced me that Oslo was wrong, but that I'm not convinced that assassinated Rabin was the right thing to do because of it. I have another friend who was strongly against Oslo but felt that assassinating Rabin was completely wrong. Today, I am against the peace process but think that assassinating Rabin was wrong.
Why?  He just would have given up more and more, and put Jewish lives in more and more danger.

No, he would have eventually been voted out of office. Assassinating him didn't save any Jewish lives. It only made a martyr out of Rabin.
Emphasize the word eventually.  Just like Smolmert will eventually be gotten rid of.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »
I believe that we would have been in a much better situation if we would have united in backing Amir. Its a good message to send to the hellinists - "dont F*#K with us." I say keep up with the Pulsa Denura and having them feel afraid of us. If we cant convince them to join us and like us, we should at least convince them to fear us- and threw that control and direct policies the way we want it to be (in accordince to G-d's laws and ways.)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »
it is what it is...but I would not encourage someone to murder a head of state like Rabin..and if someone wanted to do it, I would walk away from that discussion.

On the other hand, if that leader were literally Haman...who knowingly had malicious intentions, i would support it...Rabin, in my opinion, was no such person since he had sincere intentions for peace from my point of view...He was VERY WRONG, still..and VERY STUPID..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 09:46:31 PM »
it is what it is...but I would not encourage someone to murder a head of state like Rabin..and if someone wanted to do it, I would walk away from that discussion.

On the other hand, if that leader were literally Haman...who knowingly had malicious intentions, i would support it...Rabin, in my opinion, was no such person since he had sincere intentions for peace from my point of view...He was VERY WRONG, still..and VERY STUPID..
Rabin knew exactly what he was doing.  Do you think he was just "stupid" with the Altalena, too?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 09:48:40 PM »

Rabin knew exactly what he was doing.  Do you think he was just "stupid" with the Altalena, too?

I know nothign about Atalena so i have to plead ignorance on that subject.  In addition, I don't know his side of it either...but please enlighten me.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 09:50:06 PM »

I know nothign about Atalena so i have to plead ignorance on that subject.  In addition, I don't know his side of it either...but please enlighten me.
Rabin, YS"V, oversaw it's sinking.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 09:50:34 PM »
Congrats.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 11:45:06 PM »

Rabin, YS"V, oversaw it's sinking.

please elaborate..i ahve never even heard of the Altalena.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 01:28:06 AM »
Mazal Tov !

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 08:28:47 AM »

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 08:53:48 AM »
No, he would have eventually been voted out of office. Assassinating him didn't save any Jewish lives. It only made a martyr out of Rabin.

Very true. It made the right wing look bad and fanatic. Rabin became a martyr for peace. Killing him was dumb. All i hear now is "what if Rabin was still alive.. " among the left wings.  I am sure he would have been voted out of office and G-d would have struck him down, just like he did w/ Sharon.
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
Rambam Hilchot Chovel uMazik, Perek Chet, Halacha Yud:
"If a Jew gives Jewish land to Goyim, he is a traitor with no place in the world to come, and it is a mitvah to kill such a Jew."
Almost accurate, but not accurate.

I tried to translate the Rambam into English the best I can. I think it's accurate.

NOTE: THIS IS WHAT THE RAMBAM SAYS, IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AGREE OR DISAGREE OR THAT WE RULE ACCORDING TO THE RAMBAM. IT ALSO DOESN'T MEAN THAT RABIN FITS THE PROFILE OF A INFORMER, ALTHOUGH IT MAY.

Rambam, Sefer N'zikin, Hilchot Chovel uMazik, Perek Chet, Halacha Yud:

mutar l'harog hamoser b'chol makom, it is permitted to kill an informant in any place, v'afilu b'zman hazeh she'in danin dinai nefashot, and even in these days (post sanhedrin) where we don't try capital punishment. Umutar lehorgo kodem she'yimsor, and it is permitted to kill him before he will inform, ela k'shamar hareini moser ploni bgufu o b'mamono va'afilu mamon kal hari hetir atzmo l'mita, rather as soon as he says "I will inform on so and so regarding his life or his money" and even small amounts of money he (the informer) enabled himself to be killed, umatrin bo v'omrin lo al timsor and we warn him and we tell him "don't inform". im heiz panav v'amar lo ki ala emsarenu, if he had the audacity to say "no I will inform" mitzvah lehorgo v'chol hakodem lehorgo zacha it is an obligation to kill him and who ever kills him first merited [the heavenly reward] .
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:08:26 AM by Yisrael »

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »
And Rabbi Meir Kahane? Does he have an opinion of the Jewish traitor? You bet he does.

The following are excerpts from an article written by Rabbi Meir Kahane HY”D on November 10, 1989 on the Neturei Karta (the article in its entirety can be found in the book ’On Jews and Judaism’ Selected articles 1961-1990 it can be purchased at http:www.kahane.org)

“And Judah too, shall fight against Jerusalem...”(Zecharia 14)

The briefest of hints, but a chilling one: that in the end of days, Judah, Jews, will join the gentile enemy in war against Jerusalem. And behold, we see it in our days. The self hating Jewish anti-Semite. The Jew who fights his own people, who joins with the enemy of Jerusalem in battle against Jerusalem.

...There is a red line in Judaism that cannot be crossed without becoming a traitor to and enemy of the Jewish people. There is a limit that, once reached and violated marks one as a moser and informer and a rodef, a pursuer of Jews, who is plotting to destroy them. That line and limit is the joining together , openly and eagerly and without shame with the enemy who wishes to harm and destroy Jews.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
It is not possible to take 2 (according to the medical report he took 3!) 9mm rounds at close range in the back (one supposedly severed his spinal chord) and not fall as if poleaxed. In fact eyewitnesses (including his implicated personal bodyguard) state that they were stunned how Rabin was able to leap into his limousine. Let alone the complete absence of a single drop of blood at the scene!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:15:41 PM by Mifletzet »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 02:02:25 PM »
please elaborate..i ahve never even heard of the Altalena.
http://www.ohav.org/columns/survival/solomon2.html

so from my understanding, Od Kahani Chai (i think it was you who was mentioning Atlena), Amir's murder of Rabin was a type of revenge and getting even in your mind since there was a bitter tiff between the left and right way back when in the day...

So what is Ben Gurion and Rabin's side of the story say?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 06:57:38 PM »
It is not possible to take 2 (according to the medical report he took 3!) 9mm rounds at close range in the back (one supposedly severed his spinal chord) and not fall as if poleaxed. In fact eyewitnesses (including his implicated personal bodyguard) state that they were stunned how Rabin was able to leap into his limousine. Let alone the complete absence of a single drop of blood at the scene!

did you learn that from reading hebrew stuff?

I am familiar with chamish`s material but never read that.  He only mentioned that a bodybuard said rabin jumped. So it seemed from him that the bodyguard may have made it up.  Chamish is a useless presenter.  But for english only, he is all we have.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »
There is also the halacha that is before that, halacha teth, that ties into giving land. Please translate that for us here.

I tried to translate the Rambam into English the best I can. I think it's accurate.

NOTE: THIS IS WHAT THE RAMBAM SAYS, IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AGREE OR DISAGREE OR THAT WE RULE ACCORDING TO THE RAMBAM. IT ALSO DOESN'T MEAN THAT RABIN FITS THE PROFILE OF A INFORMER, ALTHOUGH IT MAY.

Rambam, Sefer N'zikin, Hilchot Chovel uMazik, Perek Chet, Halacha Tet:

asur L'msor yisrael b'yad goyim bein b'gufo bein b'm'mono, It is forbidden to inform on a Jew to gentile authorities both regarding his [the Jew's] life or his money [property], V'afilu haya rasha uBaal aveirot, and even if he [the Jew being informed on] is evil and a sinner, v'afilu haya mitza'er lo umitza'aro and even if he caused distress [to the informer] and continues to distress him. V'chol hamosro b'yad goyim bein b'gufu bein b'm'mono, and anyone who informs to the gentile authorities either regarding his life or his money, ain lo chelek l'olam haba has no portion in the world to come.

Do you want me to do Halcha Yud Alef too? It talks about if he already informed can we kill him.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 08:25:43 PM »
However, there are a few slight loopholes that maybe can get Rabin out of being labeled a moser. I don't think they are much, but if in all fairness if we use the Rambam to condemn him let's look at what the Rambam has further to say.

I tried to translate the Rambam into English the best I can. I think it's accurate. I will just do the English, if someone wants the Hebrew I will scan it in and post it.

NOTE: THIS IS WHAT THE RAMBAM SAYS, IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AGREE OR DISAGREE OR THAT WE RULE ACCORDING TO THE RAMBAM.

Rambam, Sefer N'zikin, Hilchot Chovel uMazik, Perek Chet, Halacha Yud Bet:

I will just do the English, if someone wants the Hebrew I will scan it in and post it.

And so too anyone that distressed the public and continues to distress them, it is permitted to inform on him to the gentile authorities [so that they can] jail him, beat him, and fine him. But for the distress of a single individual it is forbidden to inform on him. And you cannot lose [confiscate] the informers money even though you can lose his life [kill him], since his money is suitable for his inheritors.

So let’s look at a few points:

1)   The prohibition of informing is strictly to the gentile authorities. Now if he as PM of Israel goes and steals Jewish land and gives it away to the Arab terrorists, he isn’t informing on the Jews to the gentile authorities, he is stealing their land and giving it away. This is far fetched since an informer is someone who sells out Jewish lives or land to the gentiles. But maybe, just maybe, since he was the authorities, and he was Jewish, he first stole the land and then gave it away.

2)   One might claim that all the land inside the State of Israel belongs to the State, and not to the individual. The people who founded the State can say they conquered it for themselves and allow you to live there. So they have the right to give it away. Again, far fetched but in the spirit of being “dan l’cav zezhut” let’s try to say that.

3)   Further more, as the above Rambam says, “anyone that distressed the public and continues to distress them, it is permitted to inform on him to the gentile authorities [so that they can] jail him, beat him, and fine him.” Maybe, just maybe, Rabin can claim that the Jews on the land he wanted to give away were a distress to the public since they prevented peace. They don’t prevent peace, but maybe if he and the majority of the public felt that way, then they were distressing them. But that might not work because you may inform to the gentiles so that they can jail him, beat him, and fine him. Not so they can steal your land, unless you might say that is the permitted “fine”.

I never thought in my life that I would defend Rabin, but this was just for the fun of it, I think he is guilty of treason and should have been hung by the state of Israel’s judicial system. That someone else killed him, “v’chol hakodem zacha”, isn’t that what the Rambam says.

Just remember, we may not rule like the Rambam, if that’s the case, then Jewish law would not necessarily have allowed Amir to assassinate Rabin.

On this note, I wish him and his wife a hearty Mazal Tov and may they merit to have many more children and that he will be released from jail and made a national hero.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »
I think that Amir himself wrote and gave his Halahic opinion as to why he did it. Also you are forgetting the issue of a rodef- a persuer of Jewish blood.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 08:16:47 AM »
Also you are forgetting the issue of a rodef- a persuer of Jewish blood.

Rodef is a bit more complicated. The Rambam says that you can kill a rodef while he is pursuing Jewish lives. Rabin went after land, property, but not directly lives. Now there is no such a thing as chazakah by Rodef as far as I understand, so even if someone was a Rodef in the past, you cant kill him today.

By Moser, if you are muchzak as a Moser, we can kill you.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Also you are forgetting the issue of a rodef- a persuer of Jewish blood.

Rodef is a bit more complicated. The Rambam says that you can kill a rodef while he is pursuing Jewish lives. Rabin went after land, property, but not directly lives. Now there is no such a thing as chazakah by Rodef as far as I understand, so even if someone was a Rodef in the past, you cant kill him today.

By Moser, if you are muchzak as a Moser, we can kill you.

the israeli PM is a zoo keeper and the arabs are animals.

If somebody sits by the door of a tiger`s cage and opens the door to let a tiger or tigers, kill a jew or jews. Is he a rodef?

What difference if the weapon is a tiger or a knife. They are weapons he is using.

And remember, he had a history, he shot at the altalena, or as defence minister ordered that it be fired on. killing jews.