Author Topic: Most Valuable Member  (Read 4716 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Most Valuable Member
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »
No!  There would be too much pressure to avoid that nightmare  :o
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 01:29:06 PM »
Can we have a 'least valuable member' award? The winner (or loser) will receive two front-row tickets to a Hillary Clinton fund-raiser.

Wouldn't work. The least valuable member is probably someone who supports Hillary Clinton, why reward them?

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 01:29:23 PM »
Quote from: Trumpeldor link=topic=10466.msg#msg date=
Can we have a 'least valuable member' award? The winner (or loser) will receive two front-row tickets to a Hillary Clinton fund-raiser.
Add a personal introduction to Hillary where you actually shake her hand and kiss her and you're bordering on torture. :P
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
Add a personal introduction to Hillary where you actually shake her hand and kiss her and you're bordering on torture. :P

No one here deserves that. NO ONE.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 08:20:12 PM »
I think that I should be considered the most valuable.  Look at how many posts I have.

Kiwi

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 08:29:29 PM »
If you know what I mean.

NO I don't can you give me an example  :::D

kellymaureen

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
For affirmative action mathematicians, only 45 of over 900 people have wings under their name.

affirmative action :::D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 10:01:48 PM »
I'm all for dealing out accolades, but at some point I think we have to stop the self-congratulations and just work for the cause together as a movement.  As Chaim pointed out in the recent Ask JTF, we would be that much stronger if there weren't separate factions supposedly working towards the same cause.  We need to work together more.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »
I think that every weak we should award a Most Valuable Member award to the member that contributed the most that week to the forum. And then that should be the only way to get the wings.

can someone get a repeat award each week?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »
I don't like this idea. Wings are permanent...

can someone get a repeat award each week?

I meant that every week one person get the wings and gets to keep them permanently. Anyone can nominate a member and then we hold weekly elections. I guess there should be some regulations about who can be nominated (e.g. min posts or min time on the forum). And there should be regulations as to who can vote. (min posts/min time on forum).

And maybe they don't have to be wings. Maybe they can be a trophy or something like that.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 11:06:17 PM »
I meant we disregard the vote of those with less posts.

We don't do a poll, we all post out in the open who we support.

OR, you can make a group of "veteran" posters and make a 'veterans' only forum, like you have with the mods only forum. And you can vote there.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 11:34:52 PM »
That section can be used for voting only.