Author Topic: OK, here I go on my diet...  (Read 1060 times)

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
OK, here I go on my diet...
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:41:12 PM »
I'm at 251#, though most people would guess 220# (I have the brawny shoulders of a linebacker).  I've decided I'm going to finally get rid of my extra weight and get down to below 200# to start.

I started Friday...been dieting off and on for a few months but last week I started tracking everything I eat.  I'm trying both WeightWatchers and MyFoodDiary.com.  They're both basically the same plan - you count up your calories and stay below what you burn.

I'm also doing 45 mins of cardio 4-5x a week.  Started that a couple weeks ago and I'm surprised how much I like it and how much better I feel.  I'm probably the only one in the gym listening to AskJTF in my iPod though ;-)

So I read that if you go on a diet, you should tell the world, because then the world will hold you accountable.  So I'm telling the world!  I'll report my progress...

BTW, I had a doctor tell me that I probalby wouldn't need most of the medication I take (2 for diabetes, 1 for cholesterol, 1 for blood pressure, 1 for acid reflux) if I just dropped my weight.  Considering the cost, this could be a double benefit...

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: OK, here I go on my diet...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:14:58 AM »
Good for you, WestcoastJTF!

I don't know about telling everybody though.  Some people might be threatened by the new you, and will try and sabotage your diet.  They'll say stuff like "what's the big deal?  It's only one slice of cake."  So be careful who you tell. 

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 01:10:02 AM »
Good luck and best wishes on your start to a new life.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:54:14 AM »
Take a look at sparkpeople.com and good luck!

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
Good Luck and keep us updated.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »
Good luck! O0