Author Topic: Enemy Donned IDF Uniforms In Lebanon  (Read 4409 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
Enemy Donned IDF Uniforms In Lebanon
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:21:43 PM »
http://www.nosing.com/article/38156

EL AVIV, Israel — In the least friendly fire imaginable, Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon encountered Hezbollah wearing Israel Defense Force uniforms, the Jewish state's leading investigative news program reported.

During a battle on the evening of August 6 and early hours of August 7, in the town of Hule, an IDF unit found two Hezbollah dressed in Israeli fatigues and helmets in a civilian home. The battlefield commander was forced to order his men to remove the white hats they wear on their helmets to distinguish his men from the enemy.

An embedded reporter, Itai Engel, from the weekly television news series "Uvda" — widely regarded as Israel's equivalent to "60 Minutes" — filmed the battle with a night vision camera.

In an interview yesterday, Mr. Engel said,"There were two of them in one of the houses. The soldiers realized they were wearing army uniforms. They had the helmet cover as well. They were wearing everything the IDF soldiers wear."

The report of Hezbollah in IDF uniforms fighting Israelis shows that Israel's foe has studied the Israel Defense Force closely. The tactic presents a challenge for soldiers trying to fight them; according to Mr. Engel, the house to house fighting was brutal, and the surprise of fighting the enemy in friendly uniforms only added to the fog of war.

The story also serves as another example of the Iranian proxy's predilection for fighting outside the laws of war. Earlier, the Israelis claimed Hezbollah fired rockets into its northern towns and cities from civilian positions, and the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon warned in the first week of fighting that the terrorists were using the U.N. positions as cover.

An IDF spokeswoman said she could not confirm the incident. But a Likud member of the Knesset's defense and foreign affairs committee, Yuval Steinitz, said yesterday that he was aware of these incidents. He cautioned that they were not significant, however.

"You can buy IDF uniforms in shops all over the world. But it is not something serious. What we have to learn is first on the level of tactics," he said.

Mr. Steinitz's committee was briefed Wednesday by IDF generals on tactical lessons learned in Lebanon. On July 31, the IDF reported that it had uncovered a store of IDF uniforms after fighting in Al Adaisa.

A former military intelligence officer also said Hezbollah's appropriation of Israeli military uniforms is not a new tactic among his country's terrorist enemies. The IDF has arrested Palestinian Arab terrorists dressed as Israeli soldiers in the West Bank and Gaza, the officer, who requested anonymity, said.

Israel's military has strict rules about uniforms. IDF soldiers may not hitchhike while in uniform out of concern that they may be picked up by Palestinian Arabs looking to confiscate their uniforms. And soldiers are fined if they are not able to account for their uniform.

A former Israeli ambassador to the United Nations, Dore Gold, said yesterday that Hezbollah had been studying Israeli tactics. "They have been on our border. They know our patrols, where our soldiers go. They have studied our tactics, everything," he said.

"They listen to our radio, they read our books, they read Ariel Sharon's biography," a former brigadier general for IDF military intelligence, Shimon Shapira, said. "They know a lot about Israel. And as you know, the Israeli correspondents are very noisy. They can learn a lot from them."

August 18, 2006 Edition > Section: Foreign > Printer-Friendly Version

Ridiculous how Israel is fooling around and allowing their enemies to become more capable of destroying them. This is the equivalent of having a little cold and ignoring it until it becomes an pneumonia, and you are near death until you decide to take care of yourself.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
Re: Enemy Donned IDF Uniforms In Lebanon
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:49:56 PM »
heh, its extremely not surprising, that "Israel" (because its not Israel, but the willingly-blind leaders) lets enemies to build up their power. allowing the hezballa to sit right on the border fence, conducting observations into Israel and setting ambushes, like the last one, which caused this war, its all part of the "enjoy your time under the sun" policy of the recent leaders; barak, sharon, olmert, all thought:"well, its quiet, so why risk my position as a leader and go to war to fight arab muslim nazi terrorists who seek to destroy my people, where instead i can sit back and relax, getting paid well, hoping that the so much expected attack wont occur during my inning as PM?" rather strange stuff ha? guess its the definition of the word CORRUPTION.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 10:51:39 PM by NeverMore »

Kahane was right!

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 08:50:09 AM »
by the way, here you can buy all the IDF products you can imagine :
http://www.israelmilitary.com/

Kahane was right!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:01:51 AM »
by the way, here you can buy all the IDF products you can imagine :
http://www.israelmilitary.com/

Cool... thanks for the link! I'm going to get one of those IDF shirts.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 03:34:46 AM »
hehe i got the original uniform stuff though, i a big army bag deep in my closet. (i gotta start taking it out of there to prepare for the military training im going to have soon)..  ;) just being zestful ..

Kahane was right!