Author Topic: Law Against Feeding Pigeons  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Law Against Feeding Pigeons
« on: November 12, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »
In New York City, the city council is planning to pass a law to fine people who feed the pigeons.  They are rats with wings.  The people who feed them should be fined.  What do you think?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:01:34 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Re: Law Against Feeding Pigeons
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »
Pigeons carry dirty diseases and create a mess wherever they are. I hate them. People that feed them should do 6 months in prison for every bird they feed. 

Nasty.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »
I can't agree with you more.

newman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:13:04 PM »
The NYC council spends it's citizens' tax money on human vermin from the turd world but denies citizens the right to spend their own money on poor birds!!!!!!

How typically evil!!!! >:(

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
I'm not familiar with the current legislation proposing to ban the feeding of birds. I can understand that there are certain areas where it may not be good to feed the pigeons and if anything, feeding of pigeons should only be done in certain designated areas. But to go as far as to say that someone should spend six months in prison for every pigeon fed, even if mean in hyperbole, that's a preposterous statement!

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »
The birds are evil scum. They poop everywhere, on your head, on your clothing, on your car, on the sidewalk as they fly by. They bring diseases. They are ugly. And I hate them.

And Daniel, 6 months for first time offenders. After that its an extra month for every time.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 06:18:22 PM »
There are people who raise pigeons and eat them when ready... so I don't about them being Rat's with wings. My grandmother used to make pigeon soup when she was younger, she even made me some when I was little, I think i like it.  ;D

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:21:02 PM »
The birds are evil scum. They poop everywhere, on your head, on your clothing, on your car, on the sidewalk as they fly by. They bring diseases. They are ugly. And I hate them.

And Daniel, 6 months for first time offenders. After that its an extra month for every time.

Right, imagine that. "So what are you in for?" "I robbed some stores, dealt some drugs, and killed a few people! What are you in for?" "Oh, I fed some pigeons."

newman

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »

So are third world immigrants, but the NYC-nazi council feeds them!

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »
Wild pigeons are the bad ones. What you raise on your own and care for yourself on your property is your business.

For those that want to be lenient on pigeon feeders, I hope a pigeon poops on your head, suit, and car on your way to meet a date. Then let's see your sympathy. I hate these birds.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »

So anything you don't like and think is ugly should be banned.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »
No, I don't like a lot of things but these birds cause damage.

No bird, animal, or person should have the right to damage me, my property, or the public sidewalk. These people that feed them enable them to destroy me belongings.

Do you live in NYC Daniel? Here the pigeons are a real problem.

We lock up people that spray paint your car, we should lock those that let a bird poop on it, or on you, or your clothing.

Daniel, why do you defend these pigeons?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
Wild pigeons are the bad ones. What you raise on your own and care for yourself on your property is your business.

For those that want to be lenient on pigeon feeders, I hope a pigeon poops on your head, suit, and car on your way to meet a date. Then let's see your sympathy. I hate these birds.

I'm not too fond of pigeons either, especially when they do their business on my car windshield. But it's never dawned on me to ever ban feeding pigeons. My mind is to focused on more important things in life. Yet on the other hand, it never would have crossed my mind to ban Halloween, Football, low-cut dresses, and picking dandelions.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »
The later don't affect quality of life, this flying rats (to borrow the term) do.

A few years back they used to put out poison for these scum.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »
In trafalgar square in London, you get a £500=$1000 fine if you're caught feeding the pigeons.

Woodland pigeons are beautiful. City ones are not so, but they've got to live.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »
I'd like a law in NYC about feeding two legged gorillas that do not want to work for it.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 06:45:39 PM »
I'd like a law in NYC about feeding two legged gorillas that do not want to work for it.

Daniel, would you at least support that?

Welfare needs to be cut except for the truly disabled and elderly that cannot work.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 08:28:12 PM »
They only thing that will work is a fine.  A  $100.00 is enough for each time caught feeding pigeons.   Jail time is ridiculous.  Pigeons are a mess.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 08:45:44 PM »
They are really disgusting.  You should see what some of my co-op looks like.  There are people who do feed them.  You can't walk around the shopping center without stepping in their poop.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 09:15:28 PM »
The councilmen who proposed this idea wants a $1,000 dollar fine imposed for those feeding these flying rats. The guy's name is Simcha Felder, an Orthodox Jew. He is friends with my dad.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 09:28:12 PM »
Wild ones usually carry diseases and taste really bad. Domestic ones don't taste as good ask chicken but I guess they are ok. I think they are cheaper.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 09:38:04 PM »
There is a live poultry shop about 3/4 mile from me. They sell all kinds of live birds. They have pigeons there. I don't recall the prices. Maybe I will go there tomorrow to check.

They also sell live cows, sheep, pigs and goats but they don't let you see them unless you plan on buying them. They don't want it to turn into a petting zoo.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 09:40:45 PM »
It isn't owned by Jews but pigeons are Kosher regardless who they are sold by. They do need to be slaughtered and prepared according to Jewish law to be allowed to be eaten.

I'm gonna see if I can take some pics there and show you what it looks like  O0

kellymaureen

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 09:46:22 PM »
Some things just shouldnt be eaten :o

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »
Quite frankly, i think they should not nuter and spay kitty kats and let them live freely in NYC so they can limit the pigeon, rat, mouse, and cockroach problems here...Look at Israel...hardly any mice or rats...or even "rats with wings"
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein