Author Topic: Aussie treasurer sticks it up muSSlims, too.  (Read 1171 times)

newman

Aussie treasurer sticks it up muSSlims, too.
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:50:10 AM »
PETER COSTELLO: "What I've said is that this is a country, which is founded on a democracy. According to our Constitution, we have a secular state. Our laws are made by the Australian Parliament. If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you. This is not the kind of country where you would feel comfortable if you were opposed to democracy, parliamentary law, independent courts and so I would say to people who don't feel comfortable with those values there might be other countries where they'd feel more comfortable with their own values or beliefs. "

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2005/s1444603.htm

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Aussie treasurer sticks it up muSSlims, too.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:07:10 AM »
Quote from: newman link=topic=11471.msg#msg date=
...if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you....so I would say to people who don't feel comfortable with those values there might be other countries where they'd feel more comfortable with their own values or beliefs. "

Yes, like England or France...or Michigan.  ;)
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

Re: Aussie treasurer sticks it up muSSlims, too.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:09:25 AM »
Quote from: newman link=topic=11471.msg#msg date=
...if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you....so I would say to people who don't feel comfortable with those values there might be other countries where they'd feel more comfortable with their own values or beliefs. "

Yes, like England or France...or Michigan.  ;)

Or Israel (G-D forbid!) if holemert gets his way!! >:(