Author Topic: Israel approves release of 441 prisoners  (Read 6206 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Israel approves release of 441 prisoners
« on: November 19, 2007, 11:44:34 AM »
This makes me sick..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071119/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians

JERUSALEM - Israel on Monday approved the release of 441 Palestinian prisoners and pledged not to build any new settlements in the West Bank, but it stopped short of American demands to halt construction in existing settlements before a crucial U.S.-hosted Mideast conference. ADVERTISEMENT

The Cabinet vote took place ahead of a meeting between Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who tried to break a deadlock in preparations for the U.S.-hosted peace summit, which is expected to take place in Annapolis, Md., next week.

Israel sees the conference primarily as a ceremonial launching pad for new peace efforts, while the Palestinians want a more detailed plan for how post-conference talks will proceed.

Olmert's spokeswoman, Miri Eisin, said progress was made during the 90-minute meeting. She did not elaborate, but said negotiators would meet Tuesday to continue their work.

Seeking to drum up support for the conference, Olmert is heading to Egypt on Tuesday for talks with President Hosni Mubarak, his office said. Arab League members are to decide on Friday whether they will join the gathering. High-level Arab attendance is seen as crucial to the success of nascent peace moves.

With the outcome of Annapolis uncertain, Israel has been under U.S. pressure to take steps, including a settlement freeze and a large-scale release of Palestinian prisoners, to bolster Abbas.

The U.S. State Department said it had not yet spoken with the Israeli government about the Cabinet decisions but welcomed reports of the moves ahead of the Annapolis meeting.

"If the news reports hold up then these would be important steps in advance of the Annapolis conference, important confidence-building measure steps," spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters.

He declined additional comment but said planning for the meeting continued although invitations for the event would not likely be issued on Monday.

The Cabinet overwhelmingly approved Olmert's proposal to release 441 prisoners. Although the release would be the largest in years, it fell short of Palestinian calls to free some 2,000 prisoners. Israel holds an estimated 9,000 Palestinian prisoners.

"We welcome the release of any prisoners," said Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki. "But this is not enough. We will continue demanding the release of all prisoners."

A settlement freeze, and a related promise Monday to dismantle tiny settlement outposts, are key aspects of the "road map," a U.S.-backed peace plan that stalled shortly after its inception in 2003 because neither Israel nor the Palestinians met initial obligations. The Palestinians, for their part, were supposed to crack down on militants. The U.S. has been trying to revive the road map ahead of the peace conference.

Olmert told his Cabinet that Israel would not build any more settlements in the West Bank. "Let's be straight, we committed ourselves in the road map not to build new settlements and we will not build any," Olmert was quoted as saying by his spokeswoman, Miri Eisin.

However, he made no promise halt construction in existing settlements, as required by the road map.

"We won't choke off under any circumstances the existing settlements," Olmert said, according to another meeting participant. He spoke on condition of anonymity under Israeli civil service guidelines.

Israel has built no new authorized settlements in nearly a decade. But it has continued to rapidly expand existing settlements to accommodate what it calls "natural growth" in the settler population.

Palestinian officials reacted coolly to Olmert's announcement.

"He omitted from the Israeli obligation in the road map that the Israeli government must freeze all settlement activity, including natural growth," Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said. "Either it's a 100 percent settlement freeze or no settlement freeze. There is nothing in the middle."

Olmert and Abbas have been meeting frequently to lay the groundwork for the U.S. conference.

Shortly before arriving in Jerusalem, Abbas said he hoped his meeting with Olmert would yield progress.

"We want to continue our talks regarding the preparation for Annapolis, and we need to hear from him (Olmert) things that will satisfy us, so we can go to Annapolis on a solid basis," Abbas told reporters shortly before his meeting with Olmert in Jerusalem.

The two men were seen smiling and warmly embracing each other at the beginning of their meeting at Olmert's official residence. Negotiators from the sides smiled and made small talk, and Abbas paused to sign the residence's guest book.

Eisin, the Israeli spokeswoman, said talks focused on carrying out the road map, as well as efforts to form a joint blueprint for peace, which they hope to present to the conference next week.

"There is progress," she said, adding that negotiating teams would meet later Tuesday to continue work on the joint document.

But Erekat said there were "serious problems" in the preparations.

At the summit, Israel and the Palestinians hope to renew formal peace talks, which broke down in violence seven years ago. The U.S. also hopes the gathering will give an international boost to Abbas in his power struggle against the Hamas militant group, which now controls the Gaza Strip. However, preparations have run into trouble.

The Palestinians want the conference to address issues at the heart of the conflict with Israel, such as the borders of a future Palestinian state, shared sovereignty over disputed Jerusalem and the fate of Palestinian refugees. Israel says the summit should be a forum to formally renew talks, with discussions on core issues to follow.

"The negotiations will start after Annapolis and it will be very intensive, very serious," Olmert told reporters at the beginning of the Cabinet meeting. "It will deal with all the core issues that are a part of the process that has to lead for two nation states for two nations."

Amid the disagreements, the U.S. has not announced an official date or invitation list for the summit.

In a boost for peace efforts, international Mideast envoy Tony Blair, Israel and the Palestinians announced a number of economic projects that could create tens of thousands of jobs for Palestinians.

Among the projects will be a Turkish-sponsored industrial park in the southern West Bank, a sewage project in northern Gaza, and road construction in the West Bank, a Palestinian official said.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
Re: Israel approves release of 441 prisoners
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:00:21 PM »
Oh great!! Now the islamic filth can continue killing Jews and work to destroy Israel. WTF is wrong with the Israeli government?!
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »
Olmert beyond any doubt is a traitor as Michael Savage says he should be put in an orange Jump suit  and off to Gimo
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »
WTF is wrong with the Israeli government?!

They are Eruv Rav.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 01:05:34 PM »

They are Eruv Rav.

Why are the Israeli citizens not protesting this? Even if the whole country protested, would it make a difference?
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »
I think this is the right thing to do with terror-muzzies:

Feeding them to the lions ;D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »

They are Eruv Rav.

Why are the Israeli citizens not protesting this? Even if the whole country protested, would it make a difference?

Their is no protest from the citizens partly becuase of the culture they have created. People in Israel for the most part are kept bissy working and doing soo many other things promoted by the media that many people there dont have enough time to just think and reflect on everything. The media promotes soo much garbage and anti-Judaism, also sometimes they even pretend to be part of the religion but in fact allways work against it. Also they silence anyone not agreeing with their power to rule and created a culture and mindset that if you drastically disagree with them you are in the outside and are made to feel guilty and alone (allthough many agree with you and feel the same way).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 01:14:27 PM »

What if the lion gets sick from eating one of those? You know how filthy muslims are.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 01:28:40 PM »
does anyone here know of any countries that do such an insane thing!?  makes me want to kick all 441 of the in the nuts and the israeli officials responsible for alowing this!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 07:38:50 PM »
UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Gimme a damn break already. Let's call a spade a spade. Chaim, I know you are trying to avoid offending the Israeli general public that might support our movement and trying to get support to make aliyah, but it is time for us to look at reality. The Israeli public supports this treason, plain and simple. Every opinion poll from non-Kahanist sources demonstrates that well over half of Israelis supports, to varying degrees, the "peace process".

Yes, Olmert's opinion ratings are low overall--that is fact--but this is in large part due to economic dissatisfaction, not disapproval of primary Kadima surrender policies. In fact most of the Tel Aviv soccer moms and early retirees that are the majority (at this point) of the Israeli public are upset that his national suicide hasn't moved fast enough.

Yes--Israelis believe in these sick things in large part due to brainwashing by their Bolshevik dictators, but that does not change the facts on the ground. We need to tell them they are brainwashed and strike their very core, not pretend that only the leaders are culpable and they are helpless. This isn't just dishonest, it insults the intelligence of the folks we need to reach.

I am sick of walking on eggshells for fear of offending forum members. I am sick of being told by a couple of members that I have no right to voice any criticisms as a Gentile. I love the Jewish people but am tired of shutting up when they are in large part responsible for the disaster they are in. I have followed JTF for many years and I remember when we were a lot less afraid of offending people. Bringing the Jewish nation to salvation means calling them on the areas where they are wrong--and this is a huge one. Israeli Jews (the secular ones, and even many religious ones) think that suicidal "peace" will bring prosperity and contentment to their lives--plain and simple.

Ordinary Germans were not third parties to the Holocaust. They voted the Nazis into power because they WANTED a Holocaust. Dammit--why can JTF point out that obvious truth but twist itself into knots to try to deny that just maybe--self-hating Israelis vote self-hating leaders into power because they want to surrender their nation?

I am so frustrated... in more ways than I can describe. Sorry for this outburst, but the one-sided replies in this thread that completely spare the Israeli public from all criticism finally pushed me past my boiling point.  >:(

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 07:46:15 PM »
As a Jew, I can understand completely where Chaimfan is coming from.  I just wish more Jews in the in the U.S., and Israel would show as much outrage, as he has done.  Then perhaps Israel would not be in such a dangerous, precarious position. 

Do you think our friends the Serbs would take this nonsense from their leaders?  I somehow doubt they would give into moose-limb extortion, which is exactly what the Arabs do. 

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »
Israel isnt a real democracy (not that I place it in high value), the opinions of people dont really matter, the Eruv Rav makes the decisions, influnces the public to accept their rule and rules and then executes whatever they want and need to stay in power/ go agains't G-d's words. 
 Maybe its also G-d giving all of these problems to the Jews, in order for their to be a real change coming soon where everyone is and will be sick of the rule of the Eruv Rav and their can be a genuine Jewish state in the land of Israel which will overthrow the rule of the Eruv Rav, the arabs and the U.S.A./ multinationals. It comes down to G-d and his faithfull ones vs. the World, I choose G-d. and You?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 10:09:21 PM »
Why is it necessary to choose between G-d and fighting back?  Wouldn't it be a Baruch Hashem to fight back? 

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 10:14:19 PM »
It is a wrong policy.
There can be no release of prisoners or this or that....
the muzz will interpret this as a sign of weakness,
and it is not a policy that helps arabs to leave Israel.
IF ANYTHING THE ISRAELI SHOULD MAKE POLICIES TO EXPEL ARABS!
NOT TO RELEASE THEM , OR GIVE AWAY GROUNDS TO THEM!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 11:45:53 PM »
Why is it necessary to choose between G-d and fighting back?  Wouldn't it be a Baruch Hashem to fight back? 

You mean Kiddush Hashem? (a Sanctification of G-d's name), and yes it would be. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 11:53:25 PM »
This just makes me sick. Israel should reinstate the death penelty for these torrorist pigs.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 03:37:21 AM »

What if the lion gets sick from eating one of those? You know how filthy muslims are.

Yes, this is true. Perhaps is there another way. I like. like Chaim, all animals and don't want to harm some of it, when there is another way.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 04:03:24 AM »
But what way is there??
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 04:15:41 AM »
But what way is there??

Israel could take their status as inhabitants of Israel and deport them to an african banana republic. I don't think, that an arabic country would take them in the moment, because they need this beasts in Israel to harm the Jews.

I think there are a lot of corrupt black leaders in Africa. Israel has a lot of things that they desire.

Money, Luxus articles, some older weapons like tanks, airplanes and rifles.

The black leaders would take it and take the terroristic arabs too.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 04:21:26 AM »
We need to do it by force though.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 08:06:51 PM »
The only way is to expel them.
No peace is possible.
We need military action to destabilise the Arab nations.

DIVIDE ET IMPERA!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 08:10:18 PM »
There can be no balance between good and evil. Eventually, one must overtake the other and we all know what happens when evil wins. See the islam infected areas of the world.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »
There can be no balance between good and evil. Eventually, one must overtake the other and we all know what happens when evil wins. See the islam infected areas of the world.

Actually good and evil are allways in balance. Just like physics- when theirs an action theirs a reaction (or maybe thats a different quote), but G-d created one to contrast the other. One should allways view the world being exactly in balance and where your next Mitzva or sin can tip the scale to the positive or G-d forbid to the other side.
 But on the other hand, it says when Israel (good) is up Esav (evil) is down, and visa versa.