Author Topic: Ask JTF For Yom Chamishi Shel Hanukkah, Erev Rosh Chodesh Tevet, Sunday, December 9.  (Read 13514 times)

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
Hi Chaim,

What is your opinion of the NIE report that states Iran discontinued its nuclear weapons program in 2003?  (My apologies if this topic has already been covered)

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 02:48:45 PM by Sparky »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Shalom Chaim.
 Hag Hanukkah Samayah.

I would like to hear from you about Shmitta and how should Jews observe it properly in todays day. Also what should one do if he/she is visiting Israel, or when living in Israel during Shmitta year. Toda ve Kol Tov.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Hidden Author

• Junior JTFer
Cracked.com has a list of nine Bible verses with comments. What's your opinion regarding the list?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:09:34 AM by Hidden Author »

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Dear Chaim,
Why do you think it is that so many professors feel the need to comment on the Middle East, particularly when they're area of expertise is Physics or Chemistry, or something completely unrelated to the Middle East. These people have little knowledge about the Middle East, yet feel the need to add in their anti-Israel sentiment, why is this?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
I think this is a great way to push the cause:

All the members of the forum can call  the Sean Hannity and Michael Savage radio shows. We can comment that Chaim Ben Pesach would be a great guest to discuss middle east policy.

If after a while they do not put you on the shows, we can just mention "JTF.ORG" on the air of these 2 shows. Of course we will tell the call screener that we want to discuss something else before hand. Just the mention of the website itself will expose JTF to their respective audiences.

Happy Chanukah

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:43:59 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
ב״ה
Dear Chaim,
Before you read the question, I would just like to say that I agree with Rav Kahane ZT"L, HY"D, 100%, and this is not a criticism of him.  Now:
Rav Kahane often said things to the effect of, "they can come in - the water's warm," when told that his proposed laws were "Racist."  How is this reconciled with the fact that as Jews, we are not allowed to proselytize?

Also, do you have any comments on Shimon Peres keeping Shabbat for the first time yesterday?

Kol Tuv, Chanukah Sameach,
Eitan
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:30:36 AM by OdKahaneChai »

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Hello Dear Chaim,

Hope you had a great week and all is well.  This week I was wondering your opinion on an old post someone had in the forum.  He or she was wondering if JTF forum members could band together for some sort of business idea.  There is obviously a lot of great brain power here in the forum, so what do you think of the possibilty of our members combining their efforts into some sort of Internet business, or perhaps something offline as well?  Not only could entrepreneurship be potentially profitable for us, but for the greater good we could then use a share of the profits to help support JTF causes.  This would have the added benefit of us being able to raise money without worrying about being politically correct, etc.  Thanks for all the hard work as always and Happy Chanukah.  G-d bless.

Ari

raiseyourfist

Shalom Chaim,

Are Jews who inter-marry Karet... i know what your answer might be but are there any other considerations to take into opinion ?

Thanks in advance and until next time from Sergio
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:09:59 AM by raiseyourfist »

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
Shalom Chaim,
I was wondering if Jewish men aloud to shave other hair than facial for instance chest hair, under arm pits, trim one's eyebrows??? 

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Dear Chaim, have any of the people who were involved in banning the Rav ever done teshuva?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Alexander

• Junior JTFer
Hello Chaim,

I believe you have said in the past that what makes someone Jewish is following all the laws of the Torah. Since these were recorded by Moses, I was wondering what was it that identified people as Jews from the time of Abraham before the laws of the Torah were established.

Thanks for all your great work,

Alexander
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:05:12 AM by Alexander »

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Shalom Chaim,

The president of the organization says the following on the organization's webpage: " Jews support democrats because democrats fight for Jewish values." 

That declaration bothers me.

That sounds like such an ignorant declaration.   If some Jews want to support Democrat candidates, then that's their decision.  However, why do they have to LIE about it?  To justify their support of candidates on claims that the candidates they support "fight for Jewish values" is wrong. 

The National Jewish Democrat Council defends Democrats as if it's a religion.

They always defend Democrats regardless of their actions. 

They never criticize Hillary.   

There are politicians from both parties who are awful, but they never criticize (with the exception of Jimmy Carter for a book he wrote) any of the Democrats.       

I think the NJDC supports (not financially) moveon.org  and the NJDC always criticizes real conservatives.

To quote Ira Forman, the president of the NJDC:

"Jewish voters should take comfort in knowing that MoveOn.org is not a haven for anti-Semitism and the organization will renounce and remove any postings of the sort. Leave it to Republicans to not allow the truth to get in the way of campaigning. Sincerely, Ira Forman Executive Director National Jewish Democratic Council"

Ira Forman is clearly a liar.   

JTF criticizes people from both political parties on issues.  JTF is fair when critiquing. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Happy Chanukah, Chaim! Like you, I agree that Huckabee is the best on Israel and energy independence and I am favoring him more than anyone else at this point. But when it comes to who has the best chance of beating Hillary, I tend to think that Guiliani may have more of a chance of winning. With any other republican nominee, New York will most likely automatically go to Hillary. But if Guiliani becomes the nominee, New York will then become a battleground state. That will certainly make things more interesting and could make the election a lot closer.

Daniel
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:30:26 PM by Daniel »

ftf

Hi Chaim

Do you think the following is funny, or just stupid? According to the Quran, Moses was initially sent to Pharaoh, not to ask him to let the Jews go, but to try and convert him.

Shalom

(BTW, I have a lot of free time again now)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Shalom Chaim,

Glad to be back and I missed all of you too.  Thank you for welcoming me back.  My question for this week is about the Samaritans.
How do the Jews view the Samaritans who claim that the authentic place of worship is in Mount Gerizim instead of Jerusalem.  They also claim to trace their priestly lineage to Aaron using DNA tests. I also read that the PLO terrorist reigime has given them minority status but the Arabs seem to have revoked the only seat reserved for the Samaritans in the "palestinan legislative council" elections.

Thanks!

Christian Zionist
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:21:47 PM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline KalmanBenMenachem

• Junior JTFer
Chaim,

Happy Chanukah. 

1) Will you announce on this broadcast when your petition to make Aliyah will be filed?

2) Can you give us a D'var Torah on Chanukah?

Thanks,
Kalman Ben Menachem

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
What do you think of people christianizing hanukkah by putting hanukkah lights around their house?  Shouldn't we jews  celebrate hanukkah the traditional way and not copy what other religions or peoples do?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Shalom Chaim,

Your views on the evil Mugabe? Why doesn't America want to get rid of this evil dictator but were ever willing with Sadam Hussein, because they have nothing to gain?

No wonder the black people in Africa cannot acheive anything at all. They don't have much of a chance, with evil disgusting people like Mugabe.

Anyway have a great Hannukah!