Author Topic: Rick Santorum Defeated.  (Read 4353 times)

adam613

Rick Santorum Defeated.
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:03:08 PM »
Rick Santorum the senator who along with George Wahabi Bush supported Arlen Spector over a real republican Pat Toomey in which Spector won by a hair. He likely would not have won without Santorum's and Bush's support. Due to this Spector became the speaker for Judicial nominee's due to seniority. (Someone tell me what the title is I forgot.) Anyway, Santorum did seem genuinely conservative in many area's but sadly politics came before principle in the Santorum's treason to real conservative values. Supporting a man who supports partial birth abortion and was going to have influence due to his seniority when Santorum claimed to be a pro life candidate is just unacceptable. I am glad Santorum lost and I would think his treason to his conservative base did him in. At least I hope that was part of the reason.

Offline GentileLady

• New JTFer
Re: Rick Santorum Defeated.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:49:33 PM »
Rick Santorum lost for precisely the reasons stated.

When he supported Arlen Specter, a man with a long and well documented history of pro-abortion activity, his principled base was immediately incensed---and lost.  Santorum even made commercials for Specter saying "He's with us when it counts."  He stabbed his base in the back and he made no apology for it; made no attempt to make amends.

That single act shook his supporters from their stupor and a subsequent review of his public voting record revealed that he really wasn't as conservative as we'd been led to believe.  Fiscally, he was a disaster. 

His conservative reputation was highly over rated and undeserved.  Good riddance.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Rick Santorum Defeated.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 02:52:22 PM »
Arlen Specter routinely attacks conservative principles while telling his party to move to the center. He is so disgraceful.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!