Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: POWER
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:51:27 PM »
Nice pics.  Eagles are pretty amazing.

newman

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 03:07:49 AM »
I saw an Andean Condor at Sydney Zoo once. It's wing span was well over 10 feet! It had it's back to me and when it took off, the wash was like a light aircraft turning on the props.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:11:30 AM »
Love the pics of the eagles. :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »
I saw an Andean Condor at Sydney Zoo once. It's wing span was well over 10 feet! It had it's back to me and when it took off, the wash was like a light aircraft turning on the props.

10FT!! Bloody hell, thats nearly 2 of me in wing span. Condors remind me of vultures.

Birds in general always look quite small when you see them in flight or even on TV/pictures because they're such a distance away. I'd love to see birds of prey close up. I've only seen some of the smaller falcons and giant owls nearby.

Eagles can dive at 10 miles per hour (the bald ones) and they can see up to distances more then a mile. Wow.

Thanks Yacov. I can't imagine how anybody could take that photograph.

newman

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »

10FT!! Bloody hell, thats nearly 2 of me in wing span. Condors remind me of vultures.

Birds in general always look quite small when you see them in flight or even on TV/pictures because they're such a distance away. I'd love to see birds of prey close up. I've only seen some of the smaller falcons and giant owls nearby.

Eagles can dive at 10 miles per hour (the bald ones) and they can see up to distances more then a mile. Wow.

Condors are the same family as vultures. This thing I saw was like a hang-glider!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 01:34:04 PM »

Condors are the same family as vultures. This thing I saw was like a hang-glider!

At least mice and fish, will get a beautiful view and a trip of a lifetime before they're eaten. :)

newman

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 01:48:40 PM »

At least mice and fish, will get a beautiful view and a trip of a lifetime before they're eaten. :)

I think they favour dead stuff, but those Andean condors could carry a grown full grown goat or a human child if they had to!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 08:54:30 PM »
I saw a bunch of seagulls up close this past summer.  I fed them pretzels at Jones Beach.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 09:01:41 PM »
I saw a bunch of seagulls up close this past summer.  I fed them pretzels at Jones Beach.
Mazal Tov!  We need to make a L'chaim!  ;)

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 02:32:20 PM »

Seagulls are quite scary up close!  :)

My brother and I, crumble up bread (not fresh) and then we run along the river bank throwing the bread into the air and the seagulls fly along, catching the bread in mid-air.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 09:06:31 PM »
Yes, Sarah, I remember them catching it out of the air too.  They have quite a voracious appetite.  I think they'll eat about anything and everything for as long as you'll feed it to them.   O0

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 02:37:43 PM »