Author Topic: The Dead Sea Scrolls  (Read 9761 times)

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
The Dead Sea Scrolls
« on: December 01, 2007, 11:58:18 PM »
I have heard of them and know they were a great find, but what exactly was contained in them? does someone know?
KAHANE TZADAK!

newman

Re: The Dead Sea Scrolls
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 12:05:50 AM »
Do a google search.

They tell of a movement of pacifist Jewish heretics called the Essenes. They give a good clue as to the origins of the John the Baptist/ Yeshu cults.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »
Do a google search.

They tell of a movement of pacifist Jewish heretics called the Essenes. They give a good clue as to the origins of the John the Baptist/ Yeshu cults.
why do jews care about it so much? if it started christian stuff, of what difference is it to us?
KAHANE TZADAK!

newman

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 12:16:39 AM »
Do a google search.

why do jews care about it so much? if it started christian stuff, of what difference is it to us?

Because they back up Jewish history and Torah.

Parts were given to the Vatican for them to translate. The Israelis translated their parts in a couple of years. The Vatican STILL hasn't translated the parts they were given! (wonder why?  ::))

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 12:20:12 AM »
Do a google search.

Parts were given to the Vatican for them to translate. The Israelis translated their parts in a couple of years. The Vatican STILL hasn't translated the parts they were given! (wonder why?  ::))
they gave it to the vatican? They should have made the vatican pay for it...  ;D
KAHANE TZADAK!

newman

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 12:23:53 AM »
Do a google search.

they gave it to the vatican? They should have made the vatican pay for it...  ;D
If the Israelis had a brain, they'd make the Vatican pay repairations to the Jewish people with the threat of turning the Church of the 'Holy' Sepulchre into a Jewish bagel shop if they don't pay up. ;D

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 01:03:36 AM »
The Vatican has the golden Menorah from the second Temple that was pictured on the arc of Titus. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 01:38:24 AM »
The Vatican has the golden Menorah from the second Temple that was pictured on the arc of Titus. 

I actually heard that they wanted to sell it to someone and smuggle it into Monsey NY. Everything was planned out until the chief Rabbis in Israel heard of it and told the head priest to give it to Israel instead (to have it their), they (the priests) then refused and the whole deal was off. 
                              (Said over in Rav Mizrahis Shiur- "Pinhas, Baal Tishuva.."
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 02:06:43 AM »
I don't believe the story, they wouldn't let go of such a relic so easily as they held on to it for 2,000 years.  The only way to get it out of there is to take it by force. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 02:08:21 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

newman

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 02:09:45 AM »
I don't believe the story, they wouldn't let go of such a relic so easily as they held on to it for 2,000 years.  The only way to get it out of their is to take it by force. 
That will be arranged in good time!

I'm hoping the whole college of cardinals gets impaled (in the style of Vlad Tepesh) in St Peter's Square!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 02:19:14 AM »
Well, it's not 100% there as some historian writes that after the fall of Rome someone brought many of the treasures from the second temple including other looted treasures from Rome on a few ships in the Mediteranian sea  and they all sank in a storm.  But definitely some second temple items are still in Rome. 

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
The Lubavitcher Rebbe once said in a discourse that the Dead Sea Scrolls can't be trusted as a proper version of the Torah from those days, or something along those lines. They could've been bad ones that they threw out and buried, for instance.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

newman

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »
The Lubavitcher Rebbe once said in a discourse that the Dead Sea Scrolls can't be trusted as a proper version of the Torah from those days, or something along those lines. They could've been bad ones that they threw out and buried, for instance.
The Essenes were a heretical cult weren't they?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 05:20:46 PM »
I don't believe the story, they wouldn't let go of such a relic so easily as they held on to it for 2,000 years.  The only way to get it out of there is to take it by force. 

Well  you can believe or what whatever you want, but I hear that from Rabbi Mizrahi, who for me is a very reliable source (I find him very truthful, never politically correct, and someone who isnt scared in telling people the truth, even if it might seem that he will be hated because of it.)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »

Well  you can believe or what whatever you want, but I hear that from Rabbi Mizrahi, who for me is a very reliable source (I find him very truthful, never politically correct, and someone who isnt scared in telling people the truth, even if it might seem that he will be hated because of it.)
it's possible, but I doubt it..
KAHANE TZADAK!

newman

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 06:54:31 PM »

Yes.

Then scrolls in their posession cannot be taken as 100% authentic.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 12:03:51 AM »

Yes.

beyond a heretical cult who are the essenes?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 11:25:51 PM »
They ceased to exist since they were wiped out by The Romans.

No its mainly because like you said " they didn't have sexual relations". - well most of them.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »

I actually heard that they wanted to sell it to someone and smuggle it into Monsey NY. Everything was planned out until the chief Rabbis in Israel heard of it and told the head priest to give it to Israel instead (to have it their), they (the priests) then refused and the whole deal was off. 

Be realistic.

The Roman probably melted the menorah down and made gold coins with it within a couple of days after bringing it to Rome.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »

Be realistic.

The Roman probably melted the menorah down and made gold coins with it within a couple of days after bringing it to Rome.
they better not have, or they better have more divisions than they did during the cold war :-D
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 09:59:24 PM »

Be realistic.

they better not have, or they better have more divisions than they did during the cold war :-D

Is the Catholic church keeping secret whether they have the Menorah?
Since when are Jews asking it back?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 02:18:08 AM »

Be realistic.

The Catholic Church does not have the menorah.

The Romans melted it down.

Cmon, be realistic.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 03:48:13 AM »
 ;)

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »

Be realistic.

The Catholic Church does not have the menorah.

The Romans melted it down.

Cmon, be realistic.
either way, its ok, we already have received a lot of gold an silver for temple objects, what we need is to get the temple mount
KAHANE TZADAK!