Author Topic: Jews urged to light one less candle for Hanukkah  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Re: Jews urged to light one less candle for Hanukkah
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:43 PM »
written by a Jew who probably lights no candles, a Jew who goes 3 times a year to synagogue. There were times when it was very hard to get candles, they were expensive or hard to find, but today when we can follow the tradition we absolutely must.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 08:17:23 PM »
 ;D , such stupidity. Let them first start getting ride of all their cars (and start walking instead), and changing the energy source from oil to something else and then let them talk.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 09:17:24 PM »
From the article.

"The founders of the Green Hanukkia campaign found that every candle that burns completely produces 15 grams of carbon dioxide. If an estimated one million Israeli households light for eight days, they said, it would do significant damage to the atmosphere"

I think these mental defectives are doing significant damage to the atmosphere by breathing.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 09:45:07 PM »
From the article.

"The founders of the Green Hanukkia campaign found that every candle that burns completely produces 15 grams of carbon dioxide. If an estimated one million Israeli households light for eight days, they said, it would do significant damage to the atmosphere"

I think these mental defectives are doing significant damage to the atmosphere by breathing.
They can't be serious. Now the stupid environmentalist animals think we are going to be done in by Chanukah Candles. How dumb what about all the other kinds of candles people burn? Is it only Chanukah Candles that damage the atmosphere?  This really shows you what happens when things are taken to far. Soon people won't even be able to turn on the stove to cook dinner because it will damage the planet. I wish we could turn back the clock to a day where we had slightly more pollution and a lot less government interference into how people go about their daily lives.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 09:49:04 PM »
From the article.

Is it only Chanukah Candles that damage the atmosphere?
Yes!  It's our secret plan to destroy the world!  The Evil Zionist Joo Conspiracy strikes again!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »
I say, just kick them in the nuts!!!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 11:30:25 PM »
From the article.

They are already doing that. There was a story in Britian about a bunch of these types of wackoetts aborting their children and sterilizing themselves for the sake of the environment.
its good to know they will die out
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 02:10:06 AM »
It is very important to light all the candles properly.

Secularism is a disease because it's an excuse for bad behavior while excusing it using foolish causes.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 06:54:40 AM »
It is very important to light all the candles properly.

Secularism is a disease because it's an excuse for bad behavior while excusing it using foolish causes.

Agreed, I don't see any reason to change.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »

I agree with your statement. I didn't go to a synagogue for almost a decade. I was very secular and I did and said all kinds of stupid things that I painfully regret  :-[ There was no direction in my life. However after my cousin was killed in battle last Summer in Lebanon I snapped out of this athiest/self hating mode and I realized how blessed and priveleged I was of being Jewish.

I personally feel quite crap for not having a Menorah. For the meantime the virtual Menorah on my facebook profile will have to do  :-\

On the postive side I will get one next time I go to Israel. I will also go to the Kottel to repent myself for being so secular and self hating. I hope G-d will forgive me.
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 01:51:41 PM »
I personally feel quite crap for not having a Menorah. For the meantime the virtual Menorah on my facebook profile will have to do  :-\

You can get a cheap one with candles from any Chabad centre.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »
You can get a cheap one with candles from any Chabad centre.
Money is not an issue - its the fact that there arent any Chabad Centres where I live  :(

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »
I agree with your statement. I didn't go to a synagogue for almost a decade. I was very secular and I did and said all kinds of stupid things that I painfully regret  :-[ There was no direction in my life. However after my cousin was killed in battle last Summer in Lebanon I snapped out of this athiest/self hating mode and I realized how blessed and priveleged I was of being Jewish.

On the postive side I will get one next time I go to Israel. I will also go to the Kottel to repent myself for being so secular and self hating. I hope G-d will forgive me.

I'm very proud after reading this. You are doing a great thing and you'll bring a tremendous amount of meaning into your life.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »
Thankyou my brother. I couldn't agree more :)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 02:25:56 PM »
One less candle? It's an heresy and horrible sin. Even a Goy who lights without bracha, must light the exact quantity. (You can only light ONE cande each night in case of emergency) But lighting four on the fifth dat, for instance, is a horrible heresy, better no to light at all!!!!!
And those leftists are just destroying Judaism and dicrediting Ecoligists as well. I am Ecoligist, and dislike our cause to be used to defend heresies, damn them, Leftists!