Author Topic: Australia: Sperm donors to ban Muslims, lesbians?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Australia: Sperm donors to ban Muslims, lesbians?
« on: December 07, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
Australia: Sperm donors to ban Muslims, lesbians?
http://pcwatch.blogspot.com/
Why is discrimination bigotry? We ALL practice discrimination in our personal life. Women tend to choose tall men and men tend to choose busty women, for instance. Hence boob jobs for women and Filipina brides for short men. And what is more personal than your offspring? More practically, I believe that there is a shortage of sperm donors -- hence the new legislation -- as men are scared away by possible legal obligations to offspring (Obligations that have in fact been imposed by courts in Sweden). So giving donors the right to express personal preferences should encourage more of them to come forward

A BIZARRE row is set to erupt over claims that reproductive donors will be given the right to direct their sperm or eggs not go to certain groups such as Muslims, Jews, single mothers or lesbians. Critics believe the Iemma Government's Assisted Reproductive Technology Bill allows sperm and egg donors to specifically discriminate against ethnic, religious and other minorities.

The Bill, due to be debated in the NSW Legislative Council, is primarily aimed at allowing donor-conceived children to access information about the donor parent when they turn 18.

But Greens MP John Kaye said yesterday there was widespread concern the Bill, as currently drafted, allowed donors to nominate classes of people to whom their sperm or eggs may not be given. "While the Bill contains a number of positive features, it is simply unacceptable to enshrine discrimination into the law," Mr Kaye said. "Granting legal sanction to bigotry and prejudice sends an appalling message that it is acceptable to discriminate on grounds that are irrelevant."

Under the Bill, the names of donors in NSW will be recorded on a compulsory central register to guarantee they can be found by their offspring. But Health Minister Reba Meagher has said the legislation will not oblige donors to have contact with their offspring or make them legally or financially responsible for the children.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Kiwi

Re: Australia: Sperm donors to ban Muslims, lesbians?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »
Currently that restrictions are not in place. They restrict most females from having donor sperm.

It is only $1,100 Australian to recieve a donation. In Victoria its limited to married women on IVF.

And donors have every right to restrict where there DNA ends up.

Just as you would restrict who you would have sex with. I don't see this being a problem.

newman

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »
I've offered to donate sperm to dozens of lesbian couples over the years, but I get no takers. :-[

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 11:03:56 PM »
Awww poor newman, after all that kindness you were offering too  :::D

newman

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »
Well, nobody's ever accused me of turning my back on the gay community. 8)

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »

Well thats every wise newman I wouldn't think it was too safe to have your back to a gay,

OH look at the 50 buck note on the ground  ^-^

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 11:24:35 PM »
They just fired the night watchman at the largest sperm donor bank in San Francisco.

He was a homo and got caught drinking on the job.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 11:44:27 PM »

Waaw , Newman, you're truly human :::D
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.