General Category > Ask JTF

Ask JTF For Chaim's Jewish Birthday, Sunday, 21 Tevet (December 30).

(1/7) > >>

admin:
BS"D

Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. Please make it a single, short question.

Chaim would love to answer all of your great questions but (unfortunately due to the number of questions and time constraints), if there is more than one short question, it will have to be moved to The Future Ask JTF Section. We apologize for this inconvenience and only wish that every person has a chance to be heard on the show.

Or course, comments not directed to Chaim will be moved into a separate thread under The General Discussion.

Chaim has stated that only one short question or comment per poster will be answered. Please remember that even with these rules, the program is over 2 hours long every week! If you want to post a longer question, unfortunately, Chaim may or may not be able to answer it in it's entirety. In this case, you may copy and paste parts of your question for the following week.

Thank you for your kindness and respect regarding these rules.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

BS"D

Dear Chaim,

Happy Birthday! May you live to be 120.

Please read these comments out loud and if you don't have time to read the whole thing or get to the questions, just read the first paragraph in order and comment on it and I'll ask the questions another time.

On Secular New Year's Eve, I just watch the ball drop on TV but I just think of it as a change of the number in the year. I like calendar subjects so it interests me that the year changes. I don't think people should go out and party for it. I don't think Jews should say Happy New Year on that day. It is not a celebration but rather a calendric event. I think it's shtuyot that people think they have to have a date for New Year's Eve and kiss her at midnight. Are you against Jews watching the ball drop at midnight on TV?

Do you consider The Secular New Year to be a Christian holiday?

In Christianity, January 1 as The New Year marks Jesus's brit milah since he is said to have been born on December 25, therefore making his brit on January 1, 1 C.E.. However, many Christians just think it a time to party. What do you think of the Christians who party for it instead of going to church?

What do you think of people claiming that there was no year 0 before 1 C.E.? I think it's foolish because the whole idea of starting the C.E. count from a particular time isn't meaningful because it was just a date picked. Any year could have been picked but it is useful though in dating B.C.E. dates from Pre-Historic times before Biblical Man was created. It is also useful when there is a difference in Jewish History between Seder Olam dates and actual Historical dating.

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

TorahZionist:
I'm posting this for Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim.

Thank you for answering my Hebrew forum leadership questions. 

Who is The Chief Administrator of the Hebrew forum and Hebrew website now that Oz left?

You said Kach o Kach is no longer in the movement. What happened to him?

Were you the one who wanted to get rid of Kahanist symbols on the Hebrew forum?

Also, please read the below comment on the air.

On the main English JTF website, the link to Noam Federman's page under the section to write to the Israeli authorities on his behalf is broken because the old link no longer exists as a result of changing to the new Hebrew site URL. I also think the link to his show on the Hebrew website should say "Federman LeLo Tzenzura", the name of his program, and not just "Tochnito Shel Noam Federman" just like the other Hebrew shows have their names listed.

דוד בן זאב אריה:
Dear Chaim

In your opinion has Jimmy Carter done more damage to Israel in the White House or since he left office

Dr. Dan:
Shalom Chaim

I think that Hitlery and HusseinOsama are stronger zealouts of evil causes than Huckabee is a zealout for righteous causes. I like what Huckabee says, however, he says what he believes with fear of offending people who disagree with him. This is what I noticed on an interview of Meet the Press.  I think that if Huckabee or anyone who doesn't speak his/her mind with conviction ends up in the running for President against Hitlery or Osama, they won't stand a chance to win!  Either we have to empower the more righteous who are weak or we have to allow the evil zealouts to fall into our own hands. And what I mean by falling into our own hands is letting the evil zealouts destroy enough of the country in order to open the eyes of those who are decent but either oblivious, misguided, or righteous but too weak to speak their mind. This is a reality we might have to resort to. What do you think?

Dr. Dan

takebackourtemple:
Yom huledet samaich. My question for this week is?

In 1947, every African nation except for South Africa voted against the recommendation for the creation of the state of Israel. What were some of the other major votes against Israel that African nations participated in?

Yacov adds: Apart from South Africa, in 1947, only Egypt, Ethiopia, and Liberia were independent countries in Africa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version