Author Topic: Just when I was starting to feel comfortable supporting Huckabee....  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
he has to open his yapper, and prove he doesn't have a clue.

“American foreign policy needs to change its tone and attitude, open up, and reach out. The Bush administration’s arrogant bunker mentality has been counterproductive at home and abroad. My administration will recognize that the United States’ main fight today does not pit us against the world but pits the world against the terrorists…
As president, my goal in the Arab and Muslim worlds will be to calibrate a course between maintaining stability and promoting democracy. It is self-defeating to attempt too much too soon: doing so could mean holding elections that the extremists would win. But it is also self-defeating to do nothing. We must first destroy existing terrorist groups and then attack the underlying conditions that breed them: the lack of basic sanitation, health care, education, jobs, a free press, fair courts — which all translates into a lack of opportunity and hope. The United States’ strategic interests as the world’s most powerful country coincide with its moral obligations as the richest. If we do not do the right thing to improve life in the Muslim world, the terrorists will step in and do the wrong thing…
Sun-tzu’s ancient wisdom is relevant today: “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” Yet we have not had diplomatic relations with Iran in almost 30 years; the U.S. government usually communicates with the Iranian government through the Swiss embassy in Tehran. When one stops talking to a parent or a friend, differences cannot be resolved and relationships cannot move forward. The same is true for countries. The reestablishment of diplomatic ties will not occur automatically or without the Iranians’ making concessions that serve to create a less hostile relationship…
Whereas there can be no rational dealings with al Qaeda, Iran is a nation-state seeking regional clout and playing the game of power politics we understand and can skillfully pursue. We cannot live with al Qaeda, but we might be able to live with a contained Iran.”

It's really hard for me to support a schmuck that peddles crapola like 'the lack of basic sanitation, health care, education, jobs, a free press, fair courts — which all translates into a lack of opportunity and hope' is the underlying cause responsible for breeding mooooozie terror.

It's Islam, stupid !

If Huckabee believes this crap, he's truly clueless.

newman

Re: Just when I was starting to feel comfortable supporting Huckabee....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:48:36 PM »
"the lack of basic sanitation, health care, education, jobs, a free press, fair courts " does not cause radical iSSlam/terrorism!

Terrorism/radical iSSlam causes "the lack of basic sanitation, health care, education, jobs, a free press, fair courts " !!!!!!!!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:16:07 AM »
Guys: Basically we're in the drekker no matter who we vote for!!!!! >:(

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 01:39:46 AM »

Ya, that worries me too.

But, he did say this regarding the war on terror:

"There's no peaceful co-existence, there's no accommodation, there's no naïve nonsense that if we leave them alone they leave us alone. This is a war someone will win and someone will lose," he told WND during an exclusive one-on-one interview. "Whoever perseveres and whoever has the strongest will, will in fact win and that's why we can't give up," he said.

He also opposes international judicial jurisdiction over the United States and believes that judges who cite international law in their U.S. court opinions should be impeached.

Huckabee warns fight with terror won't end in draw
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58183