Author Topic: Israeli made Tavor to replace M-16  (Read 24449 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Israeli made Tavor to replace M-16
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 11:00:12 AM »
AK-47 is even better than M-16.
you're very right! In Vietnam some us soldiers actually abandoned their new M-16's for vietnamese Ak's. Ofcourse, this made them vulnerable to friendly fire-but the advantages of using such a great gun made it worth it

The AK-47 is more reliable than the M-16.  No doubt.  But that is its only advantage.  You can shoot further and straighter with an M-16.  The M-16 has a much better safety system, it can be accessorized much further/better, etc.  The AK-47 has a bigger bullet, but not big enough to make a difference.

Neither of them hold a candle to the M-14/M1A, though ;-)

Hi WestcoastJTF,
What do you think about FN - Belgian weapons?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Minimi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

thanks
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
I've played with the FN-FALs...haven't tried others.  The real FN-FALs and early civilian versions are great, but there has been a lot of crappy copies over the years.  But the overall design is excellent.

I really prefer .308 to the newer .223.  I like .223 for some things, but for combat, .308 is better.  .223 is easier on logistics (a man can carry more rounds, hence shoot more freely, hence doesn't have to be trained as well) and tends to cause more injuries than fatalities, which are more draining on the enemy.  But for a civilian, I prefer .308.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 02:14:38 PM »
Great. After a white racist committed a 3-double murder on a turkish , a black woman, and a belgian baby, our already sever gun laws have been stricter.
It is almost impossible to get a license to buy a gun now.
You need to be a member of a shooting - club for that.
But in order to become member of a shooting cub, you need to have a license to buy weapons.

a bit bolshevistic isn't it?

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »
AK-47 is even better than M-16.
you're very right! In Vietnam some us soldiers actually abandoned their new M-16's for vietnamese Ak's. Ofcourse, this made them vulnerable to friendly fire-but the advantages of using such a great gun made it worth it

The AK-47 is more reliable than the M-16.  No doubt.  But that is its only advantage.  You can shoot further and straighter with an M-16.  The M-16 has a much better safety system, it can be accessorized much further/better, etc.  The AK-47 has a bigger bullet, but not big enough to make a difference.

Neither of them hold a candle to the M-14/M1A, though ;-)

Hi WestcoastJTF,
What do you think about FN - Belgian weapons?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Minimi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

thanks

I love the P-90 !

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »
You ever saw it in action?

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »
You ever saw it in action?

Only in videos. I'd love to buy one, but they're very expensive here..

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 03:10:56 PM »
I thought they were only sold to armies,

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »

In America, as a civilian, you can buy assault rifles. Check it out. http://bushmaster.com/catalog_defense_recreation_index.asp got your credit card ready?  ;)  The law here is that the rifle can not be fully automatic like a machine gun, only semi-automatic, then they are legal. If the tavor is made into a semi-automatic version it will be legal to buy in the US. I bet you that in a couple of years Bushmaster.com will have a semi-auto Tavor for sale in their cataloge, I'd get one.  8)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:35:30 PM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »
The Belgians make some good weapons like the FN Five Seven pistol
and FN P90 submachine gun

that both fire the 5.7mm round that'll easily defeat Kevlar body armour.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:10:34 AM by Mifletzet »

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »

I like the P90, it's cool. I don't think a civilian version is available. Darnit.  :)

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
Belgian FN's? Oh yes, theire magnificant brands! Just ask a South African-they won wars with those weapons O0

But i see the Germans are becoming big these days with their Heckler and Koch's eg. G36, G36E etc. Magnificent weapons!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »
are black terrorist in mugabia killing whites with FN's ?
Please say they are not available for these murderers...

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
are black terrorist in mugabia killing whites with FN's ?
Please say they are not available for these murderers...
Well, FAL's were sold throughout Afrika. The Rhodesians used them to kill terrorists ;) But no doubt with the fall of whites there, it fell into their hands. But ofcourse, AK's remain a favourite for those devils. So feel good about it, your weaspons did a good job in Afrika O0

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »
I've shot both.

The M16, shoot at someone and you usually get 3 bullets into them, the Tavor you shoot then you got to re-aim.

I prefer the M16...

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »

In America, as a civilian, you can buy assault rifles. Check it out. http://bushmaster.com/catalog_defense_recreation_index.asp got your credit card ready?  ;)  The law here is that the rifle can not be fully automatic like a machine gun, only semi-automatic, then they are legal. If the tavor is made into a semi-automatic version it will be legal to buy in the US. I bet you that in a couple of years Bushmaster.com will have a semi-auto Tavor for sale in their cataloge, I'd get one.  8)

There are only 8 states that you can not buy fully automatics. 42 states allow fully auto sales - including PA and CT. But you can't buy a full-auto that was built after 1987.
The P-90 does come in semi-auto, the full-auto is not available to the public.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2007, 02:42:41 AM »

There are only 8 states that you can not buy fully automatics. 42 states allow fully auto sales - including PA and CT. But you can't buy a full-auto that was built after 1987.
thus bullets penetrate many layers of kevlar. Is it unique in it class to do this, or are there other guns on the market that do the same?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 02:54:20 AM »
I wonder why Israel keeps using american made arms. To me I see it puts a strangle hold on Israel.
$$$$ is what rules the world

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2007, 04:47:37 AM »

Cool  8) Check this out, it is available. http://dynamicarmament.com/items/fn-herstal/ps90grn-ps90-detail.htm.