Author Topic: Does Anyone Else Find this Distrubing  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Does Anyone Else Find this Distrubing
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »
Here's a video about Bush's reaction to the news of 9-11

I'd like to hear why you guys think Bush responded this way to the news of the attacks. It's a famous clip, but I never really saw the whole thing before. I was amazed at how LONG the delay actually was.

This event alone is not conclusive in any direction...but wouldn't any red-blooded  American spring into action at a time like that! What was he thinking!  :o

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Does Anyone Else Find this Distrubing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:31:31 PM »
Remember, he was in a room full of children.  What could he have done differently that wouldn't have frightened those children. 

Also, I read an interview in a newspaper with that teacher, who is a Democrat, who said that Bush handled the situation very well. 

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »
Bush was at a loss what to do next, he should have took command, got up, informed the teacher and the class that he has to leave immediatley as there's a national emergency and headed out to be briefed on the fly while making decisions and issuing orders, like targeting the Torah Bora region of Afganistan with high yield thermonuclear warheads. Sadly it didn't happen.

We were screwed either way, I'm pretty sure "An Inconvienient Truth" Gore would've probably acted much worse than Bush. With Gore, we would have been hit with second 9-11 already.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »
Remember, he was in a room full of children.  What could he have done differently that wouldn't have frightened those children. 

Also, I read an interview in a newspaper with that teacher, who is a Democrat, who said that Bush handled the situation very well. 

Rubbish. Rubbish. Rubbish.

I don't see anything in 9/11 as a 'conspiracy' but that is not how a president reacts when he is told "the nation is under attack". He handled the situation piss poorly.

Who gives a f&*k if him leaving in a haste causes the children to be scared? There were other adults in the room who could deal with it.

I wonder how many children were awakened by Paul Revere's midnight ride.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:48:37 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 01:51:42 PM »

I don't see anything in 9/11 as a 'conspiracy' but that is not how a president reacts when he is told "the nation is under attack". He handled the situation piss poorly.

Who gives a f&*k if him leaving in a haste causes the children to be scared? There were other adults in the room who could deal with it.

Right. Trumpeldor. That's basically what I was thinking.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 02:01:35 PM »

President Bush is not a rational human being. His senses are dulled by years of alcoholism and drug abuse. He was never particularly bright and is dramatically under-qualified for his job.

He is a nothing short of a disgrace.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »
I guess he was thinking about what would happen to the "reputation" of his Saudi friends when he first heard the news.  On that fateful day America really missed the leadership of President Reagan.  Also before making his first address to the nation right after the incident Bush obviously was think about how to defend islam.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 02:16:03 PM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

President Bush is not a rational human being. His senses are dulled by years of alcoholism and drug abuse. He was never particularly bright and is dramatically under-qualified for his job.

He is a nothing short of a disgrace.

Do you have some proof of the alchohol/drug addiction? I thought he was suffering from pre-senile dementia. He used to be a great and witty speaker, believe it or not.

I know he had a DUI and used cocaine once, but beyond that I never heard anything.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 02:17:37 PM by lubab »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 02:22:09 PM »
Do you have some proof of the alchohol/drug addiction? I thought he was suffering from pre-senile dementia. He used to be a great and witty speaker, believe it or not.

He admitted to being an alcoholic and using cocaine during that period. This pre-senile dementia that he seems to be suffering is probably dry-drunk syndrome.

He used to be a semi-articulate politician, which would make him a champion orator relative to what he is now.

I do think that he can read and understand what he is reading. I'll give him that much.     

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.