Author Topic: I'm sort of a Hebrew student  (Read 9127 times)

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
I'm sort of a Hebrew student
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:43:28 AM »
I have the Pimsleur Hebrew I in my car.  I only started listening this week, though.  I got through lesson one, though it took me about three listenings to get it all down (I can say "I understand a little Hebrew" and a couple other basic phrases).

I don't know that I really have a use for Hebrew - but it would be fun to learn.  I know a smattering of German, Russian, and Latin, but none of them very much in-depth.  Studying Russian kind of works against me - I keep wanting to slant the Hebrew vowels.

I haven't looked at written Hebrew.  I have "Aleph Isn't Tough" book one, but I haven't cracked the cover.

For me, Hebrew is one of those things that would be cool to do but never rises high enough in the priority list to actually work on it...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:05:38 PM by Hail Columbia »

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: I'm sort of a Hebrew student
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:18:27 AM »
Well I'm just a beginner myself.. but I do know some of the basics, so if you want a little help just ask!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:52:25 AM »
I like the Pimsleur programs as well.  They are awesome.  I need someone who has the Pimsleur Hebrew 2 CD.  I want to "borrow" it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:59:10 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 03:38:42 AM »
I like the Pimsleur programs as well.  They are awesome.  I need someone who has the Pimsleur Hebrew 2 CD.  I want to "borrow" it.

I've never tried Pimsleur.. but I have used Rosetta Stone for Greek.. it's excellent!