Guns and Self-Defense > Guns/Firearms

Congress passes new gun law

(1/4) > >>

RationalThought110:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_on_go_co/congress_guns

kellymaureen:
I agree it doesnt sound bad, mentally ill people shouldnt be allowed to have a gun thats just common sense.  I had to have a background check to get my permit, I didnt feel they infringed on my rights at all.

Nolandforshalom:
I think that you should only have to have one background check every 5 years at most, not every time you buy a gun...

White Israelite:

--- Quote from: kellymaureen on December 19, 2007, 09:23:06 PM ---I agree it doesnt sound bad, mentally ill people shouldnt be allowed to have a gun thats just common sense.  I had to have a background check to get my permit, I didnt feel they infringed on my rights at all.

--- End quote ---

WTF? I'm bipolar, you think I shouldn't own a gun? Yeah I dare someone to tell me I "shouldn't" have a gun, and I dare them to try to take it from me, i'll give up my guns muzzle first one bullet at a time. They'll have to pry the gun from my cold dead hands.  >:(

And screw the NRA, I am cancelling my membership and joining a real gun organization like GOA or JPFO.

Permits are unconstitutional. Same with background checks. The government has no right to tell me if I can have a gun or not.

This is nothing more than a "feel good law". You better remember that anything can be considered a mental illness, how many of our vets have PTSD? Do any of you have OCD? ADD? The NRA= No Right to Arms

דוד בן זאב אריה:
No Backround check with that a Muslim Terriorst could get a gun are you nuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version