Author Topic: AK47 VS M16 (Video)  (Read 5788 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
AK47 VS M16 (Video)
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:14:31 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0

I'd take an AK47 over a M16 any day.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Re: AK47 VS M16 (Video)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 09:43:08 PM »
I'd take M14 over any of those  ;)
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 02:06:25 AM »
Here again it all depends on the mission and the environment you will be engaging in. M 16 in open areas (accuracy) and the AK 47 (Auto fire and throwing out lots of lead) for Urban Combat
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:27:37 PM »
Here again it all depends on the mission and the environment you will be engaging in. M 16 in open areas (accuracy) and the AK 47 (Auto fire and throwing out lots of lead) for Urban Combat

AK 47 never gets old. ;D

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 08:09:08 PM »
wow, that was most interesting. I never knew AK's were that inacurate at long range!?
That's quite something to consider. But then, the AK's durability and it's sheer stopping power, and ofcourse, the propability of finding lots of AK ammunition on the field, id take the Kalashnikov

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
Check this out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c

Ak47 being fired full auto, the barrel and handguard end up on fire and the thing continues to shoot. I would like to see if a M16 or M4 can do the same.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »
Well the M16 is made of plastic parts it would melt in seconds. LOL the idea of shooting a burning weapon psychologically is  :o

Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline Highlander

• New JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 11:17:23 PM »
They both have some pros and cons, but the AK comes out on top.

The main advantage of the AR platform is that it is very accurate because it is built with strict tolerances, this also is part of its downfall as sand and debris can easily collect in the reciever and cause the weapon to jam. It also uses direct gas impingement which vents gas directly onto the bolt carrier.

The AK's gas system vents gas onto a piston that drives the bolt carrier backward, preventing the gas, soot, and fouling to end up in the bolt assembly. Also, the AK is built from stamped, cheap parts with very loose tolerances. While this does make it less accurate than an M16 or M4, it also allows for debris to get into the rifle without affecting the mechanisms as much.

Also, the fact that AK's are inaccurate is partially myth. While they are not as accurate as the M16, they are by no means completely inaccurate. This myth comes from the fact that the AK has its rear sight mounted on the forward handguard, this type of sight arrangement isn't as familiar to most western shooters, hence the common sentiment that the AK is not accurate.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:30:01 AM »
M14 vs M16

And of course the .50 cal Future Weapons

"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline ScottG1911

• New JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
I guess it would depend on where I was fighting.  If I were in an area where I could make longer 500 yard type shots with little foliage to get in my way I'd take an M16.  now if I'm in thick jungle fighting within 150-200 yards I'll take an AK-47.  If I were in Afghanistan I'd take an M16.  Iraq I'd have to think about long and hard :-\ 

Offline Highlander

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 01:39:55 AM »
Only thing about the 5.56 round is that its a frangible bullet. What that means is that instead of mushrooming or deforming, it breaks into pieces when  it hits a target. The lighter 5.56 can be deflected by something as small as a few twigs and a thicker piece of foliage can cause it to break up. The .30 caliber bullet of the 7.62x39r isn't frangible and tends to hold together better as well as the fact that the heavier bullet won't be as easily deflected.