Author Topic: Does anybody chew tobacco?  (Read 6596 times)

newman

Does anybody chew tobacco?
« on: December 25, 2007, 12:19:53 AM »
They banned snuff and chewing tobacco here as a token gesture to the anti-smoking lobby without having to forgo cigarette revenue.

I've always wanted to be able to spit big, black tobacco gollies like a redneck. Anybody tried it?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Does anybody chew tobacco?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 12:36:34 AM »
Re:  "... Anybody tried it?..."

I did for a short time.

My favorite was this thick jet black plug sold under the brand name "Black Maria".  Wrapped in cellophane about the size of a pocket novel.  Moist and juicy and heavy in weight.

It was truly delicious.  At least at first.  Then you start wildly salivating.  You can feel this "burning" sensation of the tobacco.  It tastes very similar to fruit punch...that's what they cure it in...flasks with fruit juices etc...  You feel the stimulating "buzz".  And then....after about ten minutes the stuff shreds into a zillion tiny bits and fragments and gets stuck between your teeth and in your gums.  Then you notice the flavor is gone too; replaced by a very bitter taste of the natural tobacco.  You spit and spit and spit, but no matter how many times you can't get all the little shreds of tobacco out of your mouth and teeth.

There is another brand that was pretty good sold in a sealed pouch...I believe it's "Turner Brothers" or something similar in name.

The general brand names that are popular such as "Red Man" I found to be pretty raunchy.

I dipped SKOAL & all the others for a while too...SKOAL is like putting chemical fire in your mouth...I don't see how people do it all day long for years.  The ones that come prepacked in little pouches are much more palatable and less disgusting.

My advice...It's so disgusting overall that you shouldn't even experiment with it.

You have to constantly spit out the "chaw juice", so you have to carry around a little paper cup to spit in, or spit it out on the ground.  Either way it dribbles down your chin and all over your shirt.  Nasty habit.  I'm sure it was a great calmative and stimulant for the original Colonial field hands and workers, but back then most men died before the age of 45 anyway.  I've seen pictures of post-operative surgery on men who did it for a life-long habit, and one look at some guy who's had all of his lower jaw, tongue, and half his neck removed is enough to convince you not to start with it.

However, I do recommend reading Mark Twain's several musings on tobacco and smoking.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 01:11:48 AM »
Re:  "... Anybody tried it?..."

I did for a short time.

My favorite was this thick jet black plug sold under the brand name "Black Maria".  Wrapped in cellophane about the size of a pocket novel.  Moist and juicy and heavy in weight.

It was truly delicious.  At least at first.  Then you start wildly salivating.  You can feel this "burning" sensation of the tobacco.  It tastes very similar to fruit punch...that's what they cure it in...flasks with fruit juices etc...  You feel the stimulating "buzz".  And then....after about ten minutes the stuff shreds into a zillion tiny bits and fragments and gets stuck between your teeth and in your gums.  Then you notice the flavor is gone too; replaced by a very bitter taste of the natural tobacco.  You spit and spit and spit, but no matter how many times you can't get all the little shreds of tobacco out of your mouth and teeth.

There is another brand that was pretty good sold in a sealed pouch...I believe it's "Turner Brothers" or something similar in name.

The general brand names that are popular such as "Red Man" I found to be pretty raunchy.

I dipped SKOAL & all the others for a while too...SKOAL is like putting chemical fire in your mouth...I don't see how people do it all day long for years.  The ones that come prepacked in little pouches are much more palatable and less disgusting.

My advice...It's so disgusting overall that you shouldn't even experiment with it.

You have to constantly spit out the "chaw juice", so you have to carry around a little paper cup to spit in, or spit it out on the ground.  Either way it dribbles down your chin and all over your shirt.  Nasty habit.  I'm sure it was a great calmative and stimulant for the original Colonial field hands and workers, but back then most men died before the age of 45 anyway.  I've seen pictures of post-operative surgery on men who did it for a life-long habit, and one look at some guy who's had all of his lower jaw, tongue, and half his neck removed is enough to convince you not to start with it.

However, I do recommend reading Mark Twain's several musings on tobacco and smoking.

Great post.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 02:01:37 AM »
No way I won't put that gunk in my system
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 11:37:51 AM »
Chewing Tobacco is ok for people who spend a great deal of time out doors because you need a place to spit the tobacco juice out. The trick with chaw is that you can't put to much in your mouth at any one time. When I use to chew this stuff some years ago I would use the type that came in the form that was a part of the tobacco leave but not ground up. It really is a nasty habit and really is almost worse than smoking. It might even be worse for that matter. I use to keep a pouch of this stuff around one brand or another and would use a pinch now and then. I lost interest in it rather quickly since it really is not a convenient habit and most people are turned off by people who chew. When it comes to tobacco the thing I like the best is a good hand made cigar from Jamaica or the Dominican Republic and a little Rum to go along with them if the situation allows.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 12:56:19 PM »
Chew is much worse because Chew is a lower quality tabacoo you get addicted quicker and more often then not you get cancer much sooner
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 01:48:43 AM »
Chewing tobacco like smoking tobacco has a high correlation with oral cancer. Why would you do it?

newman

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 02:45:01 AM »
Chewing tobacco like smoking tobacco has a high correlation with oral cancer. Why would you do it?
So you can spit big tobacco gollies and threaten to make liberals 'squeal like a pig..............weeeeeeeeeee'.  :D

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »
Yuck no
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline qwerty

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »
yuck. there are a few swears I make in my life, one of them is to never touch that stuff. in high school, everybody did it.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 12:08:23 AM »
What would be like to date anybody that chew tobacco?

Kiwi

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 12:19:37 AM »
What would be like to date anybody that chew tobacco?

I did for a short time, he was a US Marine  :::D

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 02:38:04 AM »
Maybe US Marine was very good!

Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 03:18:53 AM »
Maybe US Marine was very good!

haha ^-^ for a time yes

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 04:28:43 AM »
GOOD!If so ,who care if he did chew tobacco.Skippy,I feel you had a great time baby in your life.
I

Kiwi

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 04:34:08 AM »
Yes in a way, but very moral, I make a lot of good dear friends in my time, some I would gladly die for.

I laugh when they say men and woman can't have friendships, they are so sadly mistaken.

Life is laughter, without it, we all would be muslim  O0