Author Topic: Target areas on the body best avoided in defending oneself.  (Read 5752 times)

Kiwi

Target areas on the body best avoided in defending oneself.
« on: December 25, 2007, 11:04:48 PM »

Axillary artery, is the main artery in your arm that runs up the side of your neck to your brain. (thick one in pink)

Fermoral Artery (thick one in red) is the major artery that takes the blood from your heart down your legs and back again.

These two under massive pressure any puncture will create an arterial bleed.

Which means you will bleed out in 3 minutes.

Also if you are defending yourself try not to strike where you can hit this area.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 11:07:51 PM by Skippy »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Target areas on the body best avoided in defending oneself.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:30:20 PM »
interesting, i've always been taught to shoot center mass due to all the major organs being there. Figure if you shoot someone center mass, more than likely ribs will be cracked, lung punctured, heart punctured, etc. Also the easiest to hit.

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »
Thats right you shoot to mass, I said you need to avoid these areas  :::D I also thinking of Knife attacks,  many people go for the leg, not good.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 11:55:37 PM »
Yeah shooting to wound is just stupid, you risk your life as a result. I don't understand why people fire warning shots or think they should shoot to the leg.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 11:59:24 PM »
interesting, i've always been taught to shoot center mass due to all the major organs being there. Figure if you shoot someone center mass, more than likely ribs will be cracked, lung punctured, heart punctured, etc. Also the easiest to hit.

I'd sooner hit them in the Knee so I don't kill them
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 12:04:43 AM »

I'd sooner hit them in the Knee so I don't kill them

And put your life in danger so they live and then later come back to sue you? That's just stupid, even the Torah mentions if someones coming to kill you, kill them first.

Your life is top priority over a criminals, don't shoot them in the knee and piss them off even more, killing a person isn't like hollywood where you shoot them in the leg and they fall down from the force.

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 12:20:45 AM »
Yeah shooting to wound is just stupid, you risk your life as a result. I don't understand why people fire warning shots or think they should shoot to the leg.

Normally shooting someone in the leg just makes them insanely mad, and people need to aim center mass.

If their aim is off you still will hit them. Never aim for the head high risk of missing.

For anyone not good at fire arms, I suggest you empty the mag into the target in quick time.

If you have good gun handling abilities a double tap is all that is required.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 12:57:12 AM »
One correction, the Axillary artery does NOT go to the brain.   O0
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 01:20:05 AM »
One correction, the Axillary artery does NOT go to the brain.   O0

LOL pickie  ::) is apart of the Aorta and it branches off.  :::D

I wasn't  doing a a complete explanation, all that needs to be known is major artery, major problem if hit.