Author Topic: AOL Incompetence  (Read 4354 times)

admin

AOL Incompetence
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:15:16 PM »
An AOL user has complained of being banned. It is because the user has AOL. AOL users are sometimes told they are banned because of the incompetence AOL uses. This is because if one AOL user is banned, it can affect others depending on which IP number AOL has assigned.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 07:20:48 PM by jsullivan »

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: AOL Incompetence
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 08:55:33 PM »
Then the problem is shipping American jobs overseas, not Indians. Indians here that learn English are smart just like Chinese people here.

When I was growing up companies like RCA, Ampex, General Electric, Emerson and countless others made some of the finest products in the world right here in America. People bought products from American companies and were proud to own them. For me its a mater of national pride to buy a true American made product.   I think it is disgusting that whats left of great companies market foreign make garbage under once great name plates. Since globalization  most people have little loyalty to any company and shop for things they need basically due to price. Gone is customer loyalty that once use to sustain most large American producers. American companies have no one to blame but themselves because it was they that let the American consumer down by cheapening their products and services by producing them off shore.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 05:36:09 PM »
Quit whining.  Aol is a good company.  People just don't know how to work a computer.

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 07:50:14 PM »
is it true that AOL is free now?

Offline GentileLady

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 09:55:10 PM »
Then the problem is shipping American jobs overseas, not Indians. Indians here that learn English are smart just like Chinese people here.

When I was growing up companies like RCA, Ampex, General Electric, Emerson and countless others made some of the finest products in the world right here in America. People bought products from American companies and were proud to own them. For me its a mater of national pride to buy a true American made product.   I think it is disgusting that whats left of great companies market foreign make garbage under once great name plates. Since globalization  most people have little loyalty to any company and shop for things they need basically due to price. Gone is customer loyalty that once use to sustain most large American producers. American companies have no one to blame but themselves because it was they that let the American consumer down by cheapening their products and services by producing them off shore.

There is a lot of truth there, but the biggest reason we have lost our manufacturing sector is the draconian Internal Revenue Code.  The WTO has used our own stupidity against us....had their jack-boot on the throat of American Manufactuing for over 30 years....and our stupid pols did nothing about it.  Ken Dam, former assistant Treasury Secretary, correctly noted that this is a "self-inflicted wound."  And indeed it is, we shot our corps in the foot, then wondered why the goods they produced limped into the world market and why goods produced in foreign countries were better positioned in the world market.   

Excellent Commentary from Ken Dam can be read here:  http://www.treas.gov/press/releases/po3624.htm

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 10:26:02 PM »

There is a lot of truth there, but the biggest reason we have lost our manufacturing sector is the draconian Internal Revenue Code.  The WTO has used our own stupidity against us....had their jack-boot on the throat of American Manufactuing for over 30 years....and our stupid pols did nothing about it.  Ken Dam, former assistant Treasury Secretary, correctly noted that this is a "self-inflicted wound."  And indeed it is, we shot our corps in the foot, then wondered why the goods they produced limped into the world market and why goods produced in foreign countries were better positioned in the world market.   

Excellent Commentary from Ken Dam can be read here:  http://www.treas.gov/press/releases/po3624.htm
cjd and GentileLady---you nailed it.  Thanks for the link.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann