Should they be banned?

Yes.
5 (17.9%)
No.
22 (78.6%)
I don't know.
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should New Year's Eve parties be banned?  (Read 10758 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Should New Year's Eve parties be banned?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »
Individuals should be allowed to be as foolish as they like.
Totally disagree. I don't accept people using drugs.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

So long as they don't harm other people, why not?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »

I also don't agree with people converting to islam, or people becoming atheists.
I don't agree with people that commit suicide, abortion.
I don't agree with lesbians or homos.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »
I also don't agree with people converting to islam, or people becoming atheists.

I'm always annoyed by people who cannot mind their own business.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2008, 11:25:42 AM »

?? what do you mean??

Joe Schmo

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
?? what do you mean??

We should worry about our own problems.  If someone wants to be a homo or to use drugs, that's their business.  So long as they don't infringe on others.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2008, 12:32:55 PM »
What a horrible poll. Almost every Ethnic Chinese American I know celebrates the western New Year as well.  If you can't stand Ryan Seacrest, turn off the TV, but dont say we should ban this tradition.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
Of course New Year's Eve parties should not be banned.  That's one of the most ridiculous polls I've seen on the forum.  If you don't want to take part in a New years party, then don't, but that's no need to want to deprive millions of people of a legitimate celebration.  You can ban the party for yourself if you want, but wanting to ban the celebration for millions, even hundreds of millions of people is completely unjustified and would deprive many people of joy that they get from it. 

I made the poll in the spirit of the series of ban polls I made in October. Generally though, the things mentioned in the polls SHOULD be banned for Jews.

What is wrong if Jews attend a New Year's party? If you personally do not like and have no desire to attand such parties, that is your business. You whims and fancies should not be imposed on anyone, Jew or Gentile.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »
NO! I like the fireworks  :-\ Some Gentile activites are nice, I even enjoy the chinese new year, you want to ban that too.

How about accepting not everyone is Jewish, and respecting their cultures if it doesn't harm anyone else.

I think some here are a bit of a "kill joy".

Oh my I have just realised,  I am more left than the Doc  ???  :-\

I notice the embitterment by some on this forum when there are parties.  I know some people here become the way they are...when someone can't have something, then they accept certain rules that would disallow other to have the same thing so that they feel better and more empowered that they aren't alone...

However, in israel, jan 1st and dec 31st shouldn't be days that ISraelis ought to celebrate. It is a secular/non Jewish holiday..but the rest of the world is the rest of the world.

I puzzles me Doc, because no matter what has happen to the Jewish people they have never lost the ability to laugh and be entertained. Afterall look at all the famous Jews that create enjoyment for others.

G-d gave us a gift it would be a shame not to use it. Not so much celebrate the event, more of celebrate and enjoy the people around us.

Exactly and I agree with you.  Now when Chaim suggests that Jews should not partake in celebrations which are secular or from other religions, he has a point. It's not goign to stop me from doing what i normally do.

You see, Chaim is rightfully idealistic. His visions might be prophetic.  However, it's not realistic for me..not now...but I will hear him and not forget what he has said.

Jews do know how to celebrate...we just don't live in our homeland right now celebrating our holidays. We are living in galut celebrating others' holidays.   We are a nation with our own culture. It's best celebrated in our homeland  and idealistically we all shoudl live there...

in other words, we, who are in the galut, should not be gettign used to this lifestyle... We have to be prepared for the inevitble...we need to prepare our children and grandchildren to have the mindset to leave whereever we are in settle in Israel, Gd willing.

Now, in the bible, you notice that besides Joshua, non of the Israelite slaves ever got to live in Eretz yisrael.  It's the curse of the galut.  Some of us, including me, have this slave and galut mentality...I feel that for myself, if it is meant to be, that israel will be right for me and I will be right for Israel once my own family settles there...however, I have been so infused with American culture that Israeli culture will eat me alive...and i will not be able to be who I am to my full potential there than I can here..
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 12:49:48 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

Drugs are bad, mmkay? Dont' do drugs..mmmkay.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Joe Schmo

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 01:01:40 PM »

Mara-ju-ana's bad m'kay.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 01:18:22 PM »

Mara-ju-ana's bad m'kay.

mkay Mr. macky.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 02:02:09 PM »
I do think muslims should be allowed some privileges such as:

-killing each-other
-committing suicide
-abort all of their foetuses
-eat unhealthy food
-smoke 100 cigarets a day
-use kath/heroin/alcohol/cocaine/benzine
-have gay marriage/adoption
-discrimination/persecution of heteros
-burkas that totally block vit.D production

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2008, 02:55:35 PM »
?? what do you mean??

We should worry about our own problems.  If someone wants to be a homo or to use drugs, that's their business.  So long as they don't infringe on others.

Drug users and homosexuals both disrupt society, whether it is their own families or even being an influence to others. Drug users usually end up stealing (harming others) and homosexuals transgress religious and moral teachings, that become degenirated because of them.
They infringe on others, the most! 99% of harmful foolish doings affect others.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
If people want to waste money on silly things then thats their problem.

The fireworks and sound display here, costed £100,000 per minute.

Do you watch them?

Nope. I went to sleep.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »
?? what do you mean??

Drug users and homosexuals both disrupt society, whether it is their own families or even being an influence to others. Drug users usually end up stealing (harming others) and homosexuals transgress religious and moral teachings, that become degenirated because of them.
They infringe on others, the most! 99% of harmful foolish doings affect others.
well said Sarah O0

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 03:04:57 PM »
The films on TV are the best thing about New Years Day. Though nearly all of them today had Arnold Shwarzenegger in them.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »

No they shouldn't be banned! Absolutely not! Why? For what reason? Some misplaced sense of piety?
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2008, 03:33:06 PM »
This and all your other "ban" polls, you can only ban these things for yourself. As far as everybody else goes, just try to stop us.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »
This and all your other "ban" polls, you can only ban these things for yourself. As far as everybody else goes, just try to stop us.

Everyone gets fun by taking part in all these pagan celebrations such as Halloween and New Year's Eve. I have fun making banning polls. Does anyone actually think these things are going to be banned?

No! Its not like you issue forth the law. Though your polls are interesting because they bring up points to talk about.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »
Yaacov-

What you and Chaim say about Jews in galut or in Israel celebrating secular or non Jewish holidays such as New Years is correct in an idealistic manner. It is not something that should be banned, however. It shoudl be something that Jews need to be educated about to respect themselves and their own holidays.

YES, we have our OWN holidays to celebrate and get drunk and party...why should we be celebrating other peoples' holidays?  You and chaim are absolutely correct!  Where is OUR pride as Jews?  But alas! I only say in Israel when all the Jewish people are there, this would make the most sense. Even though there is a country called Israel which is supposed to represent the Jewish people, it really technically isn't Jewish enough..There is little pride over there.  Heck..even here in galut, there is little pride in being a Jew. We forget we are a separate nation from the rest!  We need to educate Jews about this.  But not by banning or talking about banning things.. If we do that, then we sound just as bad as the Islamics... We should avoid at all costs of being fundamentalist religious people and live on this planet earth with the rest of the world...we need to get out of our caves and learn about the world rather than hate the world and call everything evil. What you do is completely the wrong approach and will never become popular!

I believe that we should be part of the world community as all nations are part of a world community..however, we need to establish our nation once again and say, "This is who we are and this is who the rest of you are! We are no better than you and you are no better than us! We are all Gd's children.  As we may have our own children with different personalities and different needs, Gd's children are the Nations of the World with different personalities and different needs."  I believe that in the world to come or in the days near the messianic era, all proper nations will respect each other and Jews will respect themselves.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 07:17:52 PM by Dr. Dan »

Kiwi

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2008, 07:25:17 PM »
If people want to waste money on silly things then thats their problem.

The fireworks and sound display here, costed £100,000 per minute.

Do you watch them?

Nope. I went to sleep.

Thats a shame they are very pretty, one thing the chinese created that is beautiful.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 08:16:41 PM »
Yes they should be banned but NOT for gentiles, since its their New Years.
But Jews should not attend these parties.

What about for Noahides?

listen Jews have their holidays

Im' sure Noahides have their own holidays also to celebrate..it's not for us to decide what htey can or cannot do...

But Jews shoudl really be celebrating Jewish holidays..

but that's idealistic..it's not really realistic...It's far worse when jews only celebrate non Jewish holidays and ignore the Jewish holidays..I thin,k it is a little bitter if both are celebrated but the jewihs holidays with more umph to it! Education is key...!!! not banning!

Kiwi

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »
Doc I think theres alot of fence sitting because I am sure some of the people who are anti New Years were loving Halloween.

:::D :::D

Kiwi

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »
Doc I think theres alot of fence sitting because I am sure some of the people who are anti New Years were loving Halloween.

:::D :::D

Actually more people here voted to ban Halloween. I voted I'm not sure but I condemn Jews and Righteous Gentiles celebrating it.

Oh funny what I got from the Halloween thread is Its AMERICAN CULTURE Blah Blah Blah.... which its not  :::D :::D

So what you are saying I wouldn't be lonely in Hell  O0

They have joined the unforgiven we are the damned.  8;)