Torah and Jewish Idea > Torah and Jewish Idea

Hell

(1/4) > >>

Rubystars:
I was planning on asking this in an ask JTF question, and I may still do that, but I thought, that the members of this forum would probably be able to answer more quickly, allowing me to ask Chaim a different question next time.

I notice that Chaim sometimes mentions hell and hell fire, and I have spoken with at least one other Jew who believes in hell, who told me about this forum.

This confuses me a little bit because I have always been told that Jews don't believe in hell, and that if they do, hell is "the grave", certainly not hellfire.

Where in the Torah does it mention these things? The members of this forum are pretty much the only Jews who have talked about hell as a real place that I know of. Do most Jews on this forum believe in hell?

Kiwi:
I think we live in hell most of the time.

Tzvi Ben Roshel1:
yes, definitly hell does exist, but in addition to that their are also a number of other judgements places of judgement. One place is here on this earth. Actually everyone has his trials here, even something very small is a judgment in one way or another. Another level of judgement after you die is hell( with different levels), then their is reincarnations also with different levels (can be a mineral,plant, animal or human), then their is probably the worst, its called Kaf Hakella, this is when the big sinner (the spirit) has no rest for a long time (could be eternity even) and the spirit is in a way flying (or whatever) in space and in the air, having no rest and being attacked by different demons (maybe 3, or maybe more). The only time the demons cant touch them is when they are in a body, so thats why sometimes their were and are (rare though) people having 2 souls in one body, and one can see 2 diferent people talking out of one mouth. 
  Please G-d have mercy. 

Tzvi Ben Roshel1:
also of someone saying that maybe their is no hell, with the following you can see maybe it does have some truth.

IN THE FUTURE GEHINOMM WILL CONSIST OF LOOKING AT THE PLEASURES OF THE TZADDIKIM WHILE NOT BEING ABLE TO ENJOY THEM
The book Tzafenat Paneach writes: I have heard there will be no Gehinomm in the future. The Evildoers are put in Gan Eden, but it is not Paradise for them, because they hear those who study Torah with joy and pleasure but they don’t feel any joy just as they did not enjoy it while alive. That causes pain and sadness to the Reshaim, which consumes them with shame, and that is their punishment.
And in the book Toldot Yaakov Joseph it says that the reshaim (evildoers) do not have worse hell than when they go into Gan Eden, where there is no food nor drink or any of the desires of this world. There are only Tzaddikim sitting with their crowns on their heads, and the reshaim, proud during their earthly life, when they see the ones they rejected enjoying honors and delighting with Torah and prayer, suffer greatly and this is the worst hell for them.

from Israel613.com

Rubystars:
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful and thorough replies to my question. How very interesting... the beliefs are more complex than I thought  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version