Author Topic: Tancredo endorses Romney  (Read 4827 times)

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
Tancredo endorses Romney
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »
 >:(

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071220/NEWS/71220020/1001

Tancredo drops out, endorses Romney

JASON PULLIAM
REGISTER STAFF WRITER

U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo announced today he's ending his long-shot bid for the White House.

The Colorado Republican made his exit from the race official at a press conference this afternoon in downtown Des Moines. He'll throw his support behind GOP candidate Mitt Romney, he said.

Tancredo's name was most associated with his fight against illegal immigration, one of the presidential election's most controversial issues. But his hard-line approach to curbing the unlawful migration of millions across the United States' southern border wasn't enough to vault him from the back of the GOP field.

He registered 6 percent support among likely Republican caucusgoers in the most recent Des Moines Register Iowa Poll.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Tancredo endorses Romney
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:43:56 PM »

Really out of left field, maybe Romney approached Tancredo with an offer to be Vice President?  ???
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:05:03 PM »
I Don't Understand This Move...  ???

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
Why doesn't he at least endorse Huckabee?

You know Huckabees stance on illegal immigration.  Tancredo wouldn't stand for it.  Even with his recent rhetoric on immigration, his history is pathetic.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 04:13:17 PM »
He probably doesn't think Huckabee can win.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 04:17:06 PM »
He also made plain that he was moved to get out of the contest because he feared the rise of Mike Huckabee, who has taken a less hard-line approach to immigration in the past.

"It was important in making this decision -- you bet your life it was," Tancredo said, speaking to a group of reporters and supporters at a press conference.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1207/Tancredo_drops_out_endorses_Romney.html

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 04:20:25 PM »
Romney is worse than Huckabee. All he did was favor a failed bill that would have allowed illegal kids who lived in Arkansas, that went to Arkansas High Schools, passed a drug test and were in the process of getting citizenship to be able to apply for a scholarship- very very few illegals would have been able to get them even if it had passed...Romney f'ing had them working on his lawn...TWICE!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »
I am telling you all Huckabee is a fraud
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »
I am telling you all Huckabee is a fraud

Huckabee is sincere he is a man of faith and Huckabee never hired Illegals to do his governors lawn. Huckabee might not be as conservative as we'd like but at least he wasn't to the left of Teddy Kennedy on every issue at one point. Romney was to the left of Kennedy on Abortion, Gay Rights, Health Care, Gun Control ect... You get my point
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »
They both are terrible and I can't believe Tancredo would do such a thing.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 05:41:31 PM »
They both are terrible and I can't believe Tancredo would do such a thing.

I know I was expecting him to endorse Huckabee or Hunter. What a team that would be Hunter and Tancrado
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »

I liked Tancredo, strong on immigration and other issues, but
voting for a Mormon like Romney tells me about his judgement.

I'm telling you this is a strange election. The Christian right (and
other like minded individuals) are supporting Mike Huckabee, but
the right’s pundits are not flocking to support him, and many of
them are actually trying to derail him. Case in point:

Rush's Hit-Piece on Huckabee

Something is very very very very wrong with this picture. These
political pundits on the right are terrified of a leader who actually
supports Judeo-Christian values. I would have never guessed this.
Huckabee's the best of the bunch, I can't see how they don't see it.
To me this insanity is a sign of the last days where the Bible says
there will be people doing bad things, thinking they are doing what
God wants.

We have reached the day which the prophet had in mind when he
wrote, "Woe unto them who call evil, good, and good, evil." Isaiah 5:20

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 06:50:06 PM »
i am a memer of family research council,one of biggist hristian organizations next to focus on the family.last month they had a poll and valey voter metting and romney won,so hristians do support romney his belives are for him who are we to judge him,but he is the closes one to us in representing same values.second was huckebee,so i think romney/huckebee is a winning ticket.
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 08:08:04 PM »
SerbChicago wrote, "i am a memer of family research council, one of
biggist Christian organizations next to focus on the family. Last month
they had a poll and valey voter meeting and Romney won, so Christians
do support Romney his (beliefs) are for him who are we to judge him,
but he is the closes one to us in representing same values. Second was
Huckebee, so I think Romney/Huckebee is a winning ticket."

First off, you and your organization don't speak for all Christians. I know
plenty who will not support Romney. Secondly, I think it's a sad state of
affairs when a Christian chooses a Mormon over one of their very own.
Huckabee is without a doubt the best candidate running. I have nothing
personal against Romney himself. He actually has some positions I agree
with. And this is America, he can practice whatever religion he wants. 

One of the more notable founding fathers Patrick Henry (1736-99) declared:
"This great nation (America) was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians;
not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples
of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship
here."

I posted that to make a point, as it's history, and relevant to this discussion.

THAT SAID,

As a Christian myself, I am sick and tired of Mormons telling everyone they are
Christians, because they are NOT Christians! They believe all kinds of strange
things. If they wanna be Mormons, go ahead be one! But, STOP hijacking the
Christian faith! This is offensive to any true Bible-believing Christian. Huckabee
should have stuck to his guns and demanded a comprehensive answer to the
question, "Do Mormons believe Jesus and Satan were brothers?" WHY???
Because the official website of the Mormon church explicitly makes the sibling
connection between Jesus and Lucifer a matter of official Mormon doctrine!!:

This Quote is found at the LDS (Mormon Website).

"On first hearing, the doctrine that Lucifer and our Lord, Jesus Christ, are
brothers may seem surprising to some – especially to those unacquainted
with latter-day revelations," says the statement. "But both the scriptures
and the prophets affirm that Jesus Christ and Lucifer are indeed offspring
of our Heavenly Father and, therefore, spirit brothers. Jesus Christ was
with the Father from the beginning. Lucifer, too, was an angel "who was in
authority in the presence of G-d," a "son of the morning." (See Isa. 14:12;
D&C 76:25–27.) Both Jesus and Lucifer were strong leaders with great
knowledge and influence. But as the Firstborn of the Father, Jesus
was Lucifer's older brother.
(See Col. 1:15; D&C 93:21.)"

COPY AND PASTE TO WORK
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVC
M1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=4a10ef960417b010VgnVCM
1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

So, no offense brother, but you and your organization can go ahead and join
with Mitt Romny and the Mormon Church, but leave me out thank you. I have
nothing against Mitt personally, and he is probably a very nice man. In fact, while
I don't agree with Mormons on just about everything, we could probably learn from
them about family values because of their strong devotion to the family. But, the
Bible teaches us we should be able to recognize false teachers and "from such turn
away." Matthew 7:15-20

I think that it's very dangerous to promote a doctrine of the ecumenical movement
which essentially promotes cooperation and understanding among all the different
religious bodies, because that in the end has the aimed goal of a one world religion.

No offence at all to you, but I'll stay with my Judeo-Christian faith and pray for these
people instead. Thanks.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:04:15 PM by apacallyps »

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 09:53:05 PM »

What bothered me most about Romney and his religion is when he lied in the CNN/youtube debate when he was asked if he believed in the Bible and he said yes. That was a lie. Mormons do not believe in the Bible, the Bibe of the Jewish and Christian tradition, they believe in the Book of Mormon which is something different entirely. It also annoyed me when he gave that JFK modeled speech about religious tolerance and how we a have a separation of Church and State in America....well yes we do and the Mormon "prophet" Joseph Smith rejected those principles entirely, tried to establish a theocracy within the United States and when he was stopped he left the United States.

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 10:39:21 PM »
Dhimmi_pride wisely wrote, "What bothered me most about Romney and his religion is when he lied in the CNN/youtube debate when he was asked if he believed in the Bible and he said yes. That was a lie. Mormons do not believe in the Bible, the Bibe of the Jewish and Christian tradition, they believe in the Book of Mormon which is something different entirely."

Your 100% right! I absolutely agree with you.

"It also annoyed me when he gave that JFK modeled speech about religious tolerance and how we a have a separation of Church and State in America....well yes we do and the Mormon "prophet" Joseph Smith rejected those principles entirely, tried to establish a theocracy within the United States and when he was stopped he left the United States."

Joseph smith was a conman who stole from Christianity. Mormons are a cult, and a racist one at that. They believe their g-d lives on the planet “Kolob” and the dude has hundreds of wives. We don't have time to get into that one.

But, I can't agree with that last statement about the separation of Church and State in America. As far as I understand it, it's a bit of a false notion that seems to plague our society. This so-called "constitutional separation of church and state." No where in the US constitution is this mentioned, nor even the words "separation", "church", or "state". That phrase was started by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to a friend in which he explained that the church must be protected from the state (not the other way) in order to ensure freedom of religion. And this idea the state (and therefore public schools) must be free of Christian influence - what do people think this nation and its government, laws, and ethics were founded on?! Does the phrase "In G-d We Trust" sound familiar? You'd think that that phrase being on American currency would be against the "separation of church and state" and a blatent violation of the public's right not to be exposed to anything pertaining to Christianity.

I think the secularists, the athiests, and the others who hate G-d, have twisted Thomas Jefferson's letter to say something it never meant, because "In G-d They don't Trust".

Thanks, I appreciated your comments, and meant no offence to you in any way.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:22:59 PM by apacallyps »

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 03:13:24 AM »
apacallyps,

No offense taken and you are entirely correct about the First Amendment. I probably should have phrased it differently. I was just trying to make the point that Joseph Smith- who was a semi-literate total fraud that plagiarized everything "revealed" to him- wished to establish a theocracy in America lead by himself which entirely contradicts the First Amendment and the principles the United States was founded upon. And that I think it is ironic that a Mormon is demanding that we respect his faith based upon our Constitution when the founder of his faith did not respect the Constitution himself.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 03:50:45 AM »

Really out of left field, maybe Romney approached Tancredo with an offer to be Vice President?  ???

It's no more of a surprise than Jim Gilchrist having endorsed Huckabee.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 04:37:10 AM »

I know I was expecting him to endorse Huckabee or Hunter. What a team that would be Hunter and Tancrado

Are you crazy?  Don't attempt to claim Huckabee to be as good of candidate as Hunter.  That's an insult to Hunter.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 01:16:13 PM »
Still many born again christinas view Mormanism as a cult.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 02:37:03 PM »

I agree, dhimmi_pride.

And I have to do more reading on this, but most people say we have a democracy, but I'm not sure about that. I'm learning the founding fathers thought democracy the most foolish of all options (I think America has a constitutional republic).

Still have more learning to do on this though.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »

I agree, dhimmi_pride.

And I have to do more reading on this, but most people say we have a democracy, but I'm not sure about that. I'm learning the founding fathers thought democracy the most foolish of all options (I think America has a constitutional republic).

Still have more learning to do on this though.

Constitutional Republic is the correct term, like you said.

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 02:32:59 PM »
Thanks, Rational.

Yes, sir, after further reading I see the founding fathers established a constitutional
republic, not a democracy, to enforce the laws. Benjamin Rush, a signer of the
Constitution stated, "A simple democracy is one of the greatest of evils."

A Republic is ‘rule of law’ not the rule of the mob. A republican form of government
is where citizens elect representatives who will then enforce the laws by which we
are to be governed.

Democracy, which always leads to a dictatorship, is an illegitimate form of government
in that rights are conferred by man. In a constitutional republic like the US, rights are
conferred by the creator.

"The LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king." Isaiah 33:22

The Bible is the basis for American system of Jurisprudence and Constitution (I'd say
even western civilizations).

Boy, look at us now. The west is in BIG trouble.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 08:51:15 PM »
i am a memer of family research council,one of biggist hristian organizations next to focus on the family.last month they had a poll and valey voter metting and romney won,so hristians do support romney his belives are for him who are we to judge him,but he is the closes one to us in representing same values.second was huckebee,so i think romney/huckebee is a winning ticket.

What's happening to this world? First Pat Robertson endorses Rudy, and then Tancredo endorses Romney?

Romney would be a disaster as president. He'll just turn out like George Bush imo if he's elected