Author Topic: The Great Debaters is Insulting my intelligence.  (Read 27693 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
The Great Debaters is Insulting my intelligence.
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:16:10 PM »
Anyone else who feels insulted having to endure a movie that claims blacks beat the Harvard debating team, Please speak up.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Kiwi

Re: The Great Debaters is Insulting my intelligence.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:21:19 AM »
What movie were you watching?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 10:30:55 PM »
The Great Debaters.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Just Erica

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 03:58:56 PM »
Anyone else who feels insulted having to endure a movie that claims blacks beat the Harvard debating team, Please speak up.
How is the movie insultulting your intelligence, judea? Why is it so hard to believe that there are, in fact, great debaters who are black in our country?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:29:41 PM »
How is the movie insultulting your intelligence, judea? Why is it so hard to believe that there are, in fact, great debaters who are black in our country?

Yes, it's extremely hard to beleive.

Erica, being perfectly honest. I have NEVER met a black person who I considered my intellectual equal. Most that I meet are illiterate and stupid as the day is long.

And it's not because I shut myself off from black people. I am one of the only whites at my company that even SPEAKS to the black people at my company.

And to be honest, Erica. They are all borderline retarded.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 12:04:04 AM »

You actually watched that movie?

Just Erica

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 12:16:43 AM »

Erica, being perfectly honest. I have NEVER met a black person who I considered my intellectual equal. Most that I meet are illiterate and stupid as the day is long.

And it's not because I shut myself off from black people. I am one of the only whites at my company that even SPEAKS to the black people at my company.

So now you know ALL black people? LOL Are you serious? ALL BLACKS are borderline retarded? Any proof?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 12:17:47 AM »

So now you know ALL black people? LOL Are you serious? ALL BLACKS are borderline retarded? Any proof?

He's speaking of the blacks at his work.

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:48:18 AM »
Grab your pajamas and lets all listen to a story.  ::)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 01:34:55 AM »
The sequel is to be released soon:  Great Debaters II--The MasterDebaters

The plot follows the Harvard team after they've been defeated by some Negroes, and how they achieve "closure" and "self-empowerment" from Dr. Ngomo Kamabama--the renowned Rwandan "Spirit Guide", who teaches the team  the "Power of the Diversity".

Rated R-Contains graphic sexual scenes including mixed race homosexuality, mixed race lesbianism, and white bestiality.  Some scenes may be unsuitable for teenagers.  Parental discretion is advised.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:35:30 AM »

The plot follows the Harvard team after they've been defeated by some Negroes, and how they achieve "closure" and "self-empowerment" from Dr. Ngomo Kamabama--the renowned Rwandan "Spirit Guide", who teaches the team  the "Power of the Diversity".

Rated R-Contains graphic sexual scenes including mixed race homosexuality, mixed race lesbianism, and white bestiality.  Some scenes may be unsuitable for teenagers.  Parental discretion is advised.

Massuh, I sent you a message.

Just Erica

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 09:27:31 AM »

He's speaking of the blacks at his work.
Well, that's a different story. Sorry for my misunderstanding. There is a difference between saying that all of the people you KNOW are borderline retarded. However, he did say that he didn't think that blacks were too intelligent based on what he saw in the movie and the blacks he knows. I don't think that's fair. The blacks he knows at work are hardly representative of every black he dosen't know.

Just Erica

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »

Why is it that movies about good blacks are always spoken about negatively by some people? What do you want from us, MGN? If we're too positive, there has to be a joke attatched to that. Why?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
Erica:  "...movies about good blacks are always spoken about negatively by some people? What do you want from us, MGN? If we're too positive, there has to be a joke attatched to that. Why?.."

It's not because the films portray blacks in a positive light.

It's because the films are nothing more than politically correct propaganda with little if any plots or character developents, and have social-engineering political agendas so transparent that anyone of average intelligence can view the trailer and then write a concise synopsis of the whole thing.

Case in point:  "At-risk inner city youth" struggling to overcome "White Patriarchal Sexist Racist Academia" for which they clearly are unqualified to enter due to their oppression by "the Man", are somehow challenged to "prove" their worthiness for a Ph.D at Harvard by debating the best and brightest Harvard has to offer.  Two Negro actors pretending to be literary geniuses take the "at-risk youth" (comprised of several Negroes, at least one Hispanic who is also possibly a lesbian, and very possibly a white single mother too busy with her job at Hardee's to go to school) as their personal project for showing Whitey that their superior station in life and their Ivy League Degree only rest on their willingness to oppress "persons of colour who, of course, are actually more qualified than white Harvard graduates but just haven't had a chance due to "institutional racism".

Now just fill in the blanks with names for the characters, rewrite bits and parts of the dialogues, and there it is....for the price of a ticket you get to see "Whitey and "the Jewish Administrators" get their "come uppance" at the hands of the "at risk youth".

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33:53 PM »
Richard Cohen also agrees that Spike Lee should be required to take "The Farrakhan Test" before every film release to be in compliance with standards for pet Kneegrows.  Otherwise he is an antisemite.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »
Erica:  "...movies about good blacks are always spoken about negatively by some people? What do you want from us, MGN? If we're too positive, there has to be a joke attatched to that. Why?.."

It's because the films are nothing more than politically correct propaganda with little if any plots or character developents, and have social-engineering political agendas so transparent that anyone of average intelligence can view the trailer and then write a concise synopsis of the whole thing.

Case in point:  "At-risk inner city youth" struggling to overcome "White Patriarchal Sexist Racist Academia" for which they clearly are unqualified to enter due to their oppression by "the Man", are somehow challenged to "prove" their worthiness for a Ph.D at Harvard by debating the best and brightest Harvard has to offer.  Two Negro actors pretending to be literary geniuses take the "at-risk youth" (comprised of several Negroes, at least one Hispanic who is also possibly a lesbian, and very possibly a white single mother too busy with her job at Hardee's to go to school) as their personal project for showing Whitey that their superior station in life and their Ivy League Degree only rest on their willingness to oppress "persons of colour who, of course, are actually more qualified than white Harvard graduates but just haven't had a chance due to "institutional racism".

Now just fill in the blanks with names for the characters, rewrite bits and parts of the dialogues, and there it is....for the price of a ticket you get to see "Whitey and "the Jewish Administrators" get their "come uppance" at the hands of the "at risk youth".

Well said.  As always.

Just Erica

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 04:43:21 PM »

Not everything in the movies are about being politically correct, MGN. Now, I haven't seen "The Great Debaters" yet. Hopefully I'll get to see the movie soon but what I'm speaking on is the fact that people here bash evil blacks for being evil (understandable) then bash GOOD blacks for wanting to make changes in their lives. The Great Debaters isn't about a recent incident. It's about a time in America's history when blacks  in the South were thought of as incapable of holding a conversation, incapable of learning, incapable of having intelligence, incapable of thinking for themselves...you know, things you think they are ALL about now.

The movie is not premised on "Let's get over on the man!" (BTW, there is no "THE MAN"...that's just a falicy that negative blacks have come up with as an excuse to fail.) The movie is about triumphing over adversity. Yes, there were many whites against blacks succeeding in anything that might better them, but I've never heard of it being a bad thing for blacks who want something in life to strive to be better.

Not everyone is walking around with a PC agenda. But it does seem as though you don't good blacks to better themselves and if they are, you think that they're doing it to get back at the entire white populus. As a matter of fact, I wonder if more blacks were inspired to get up, get out and make something of their lives, what you would think then.

I am currently in school now to become a Education Paraprofessional (Teacher's Aide); while I'm working I'll be attending school to become a certified Elementary School Educator. I'm not doing this to make white people stand up and notice me because it really doesn't matter what those who hate the idea think. I'm doing this so that I can make a difference in the lives of those who are struggling academically like my own children.  I'm not on some "Politically Correct"-crazed mission to upset ANYONE. I just want to help the community I grew up in. 

newman

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 04:49:35 PM »

Well said.  As always.

How true.

The purpose of these types of films (all made/produced by a self-hating, white, leftist cultural elite) is to generate a belief that white, Judaic/christian society is worthless and evil. Their adgenda is then to make white people disallusioned and keen to make amends for their forebares' sins...........by opening the borders, voting demokkkrat etc.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
The same thing has been said by critics of Spielberg's films chronicalling Jewish History, even though they are based on real Historical events.   You make it seem as thought this film is based on fiction.  Isn't it true that this film based on actual events?  If so, then it is an important story that needs to be told.

Just Erica

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 05:42:46 PM »

Well said.  As always.

How true.

The purpose of these types of films (all made/produced by a self-hating, white, leftist cultural elite) is to generate a belief that white, Judaic/christian society is worthless and evil. Their adgenda is then to make white people disallusioned and keen to make amends for their forebares' sins...........by opening the borders, voting demokkkrat etc.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who HAS seen the movie gotten the impression that the story was based on "The white Judeo/Christian society" being "worthless and evil"? Was hatred for Jews or Christians even mentioned in the film?

From the previews I saw about the movie, there was no 'agenda.'

Just Erica

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »
The same thing has been said by critics of Spielberg's films chronicalling Jewish History, even though they are based on real Historical events.   You make it seem as thought this film is based on fiction.  Isn't it true that this film based on actual events?  If so, then it is an important story that needs to be told.
That's where I'm coming from, Hambone. The story is in fact true. If it weren't true and it was just some story that was made up JUST to make white people upset, or start a revolution I would understand where a lot of the posters are coming from. We shouldn't act as if blacks were always accepted in the South. This movie proves otherwise. The upside of it is that it showed that despite what color you may be that it's great to have a voice in this world.

ETA: About Spike Lee and Stephen Spielberg... I think both directors, when they do movies that are based on factual events are very effective. Spike tackled diversity in the black community with his movie "School Daze". The movie touched on the fact that there is racial tension even in places where black people are the majority...lets say, in this case all black college campuses. Blacks who treat each other differently based on the shade of their skin and how affluent (or not) they are. Stephen Spielberg directed a movie called "Schindler's List" which factually documented a part of history I wish never happened, the Holocaust. I'm HAPPY that he had the nerve to get out there and create a movie like that because it undoubtedly made some people stand up and take notice that not only did the Holocaust happen, but it still has a lasting effect on the plight of the Jews who were unfairly persecuted just so that Hitler could have his "pure white race". These stories need to be told, right?

Is there anyone here who would say "Stephen Spielberg was attempting to grab at the heartstrings of liberals." ? No, because the truth is that his movie is about YOUR history. Why is it that when movies about great black people hit theaters, there are people who always respond that there is an underlying political agenda present?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 05:57:09 PM by Just Erica »

newman

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »

Well said.  As always.

How true.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone who HAS seen the movie gotten the impression that the story was based on "The white Judeo/Christian society" being "worthless and evil"? Was hatred for Jews or Christians even mentioned in the film?

The message has to subtle in order to work.

Just Erica

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »

Well said.  As always.

How true.

The message has to subtle in order to work.
What makes you think the movie isn't subtle? Before I make any more comments to this subject, I want to go out to see it tonight with my husband.

newman

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »
Whether the movie itself is subtle is not the issue.............

In order to transform our society into whatever socialist 'utopia' the liberals want it must first be pulled down from within. To do THAT they must convince a suitable majority that it is of no worth, value or morallity and therefor needs drastic change. Openly attacking our history and society is too obvious so they make a constant series of little attacks over many decades. Forty years of movies depicting white society as racist, hostile, war-mongering, environment wreckers is doing just that. Look at the patriotism and positivity of pre-sixties American kids and compare it to todays rotten little turds.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 07:00:10 PM »
Just Erica:  "...Debaters isn't about a recent incident. It's about a time in America's history when blacks  in the South were thought of as incapable of holding a conversation, incapable of learning, incapable of having intelligence, incapable of thinking for themselves...you know, things you think they are ALL about now..."

Erica, I take everyone one on one.
I don't judge all people by the actions of a few.
I do, however, judge those who commit atrocities against others, and I judge those whose ideology is pathological.  I happen to have lived in the South which you mention, and know for a fact that during those times the inner cities were not "urban war zones", people could go to sleep at night without locking their doors and windows, there were not large areas where every house and apartment had iron burglar bars on the doors and windows, there were far less Negroes doing time in Federal Prisons, and most black children learned the words "Yes, Ma'am" from their parents instead of "Me b yo' n*gg* Yo' f*** you, Ho'!"
No...it was not a perfect world then, but it was better for all concerned than the current "Fast Lane to Namibia".  Today one out of four Negro men are in prison, and possibly up to 50% of all Negroes in the U.S. are infected with the AIDS virus, out of wedlock children are standard fare, and businesses are forced by a tyrannical government to hire unfit and unqualified people who can't count change and who can't even speak clear English.  And yes, the scriptwriters are more than happy to turn out more crap to make viewers "feel good", rather than turn out quality work which inspires viewers to set goals and work hard to achieve them.  And, just for the record, I am "judgemental" towards each and all equally.  Young blacks would benefit far more from film biographies of Dr. Walter Williams or Dr. Alan Keyes, than they ever will watching race-based fantasies with agendas.