Author Topic: Muslim Community Unsure if Subway Hero is really Muslim  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Muslim Community Unsure if Subway Hero is really Muslim
« on: January 03, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »
Brooklyn, NY - The Muslim student who came to the aid of several young Jewish adults physically assaulted in an anti-Semitic attack while riding the New York City Q train during Chanukah, now battles Muslim ambivalence. Some in the Muslim community are unsure if his actions are consistent with Islam.

According to the president of the Queens-based Tri-State Muslim, there is some ambivalence about it."There are some in our community who are not too sure that what Hassan did was really Islamic," said Salaudeen Nausrudeen.

Nausrudeen said that several people who attended a Dec. 21 event in Queens, "made clear that they did not agree with Hassan's brave act.
One Arab man said to Askari: "I applaud your courage in doing what you did. But I myself would never save a Jew." But Askari said he responded, "I will help anyone in need, no matter what his religion. At the end of the day, we are all human beings and that is what matters." Askari added: "It is sad to see that some people are so short-sighted.

Nausrudeen said, If more people have a chance to hear his message, it will help to change their way of thinking. [jewishweek]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

ftf

Re: Muslim Community Unsure if Subway Hero is really Muslim
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »
Hassan sounds like a nice guy, he also by extension sounds like a non-muslim.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 12:09:11 PM »
Well Jihad is mandatory in Islam and if he is not on Jihad then he is not a muzzy.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:32 PM »
Well Jihad is mandatory in Islam and if he is not on Jihad then he is not a muzzy.

That's right then he's moved away from being a muSSlim

kellymaureen

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »
Lol they are kicking him out of the club...hes got to return his jihadi card and death to America signs ^-^