Author Topic: Republican debate 7PM tonight  (Read 3996 times)

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Republican debate 7PM tonight
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »
I prefer Huckabee

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »
Was anyone else impressed/inspired by Huckabee and Giuliani's statements on energy independence?  I've never seen Giuliani come out so forceful in support of alternative energies as in this debate.  He sounded like Chaim, calling for a crash program on par with the program to put a man on the moon, led by the President and funded heavily.  Huckabee said that every time we spend money at the gas pump we might as well be sending a check to a madrassa, and he said that we should have programs such as providing a 1 billion dollar award for the first who can come up with a car that gets 100 MPG.  The way Romney spoke about it, you could tell he was a phony and a part of the corporate establishment.  This debate is the first time I've been really impressed with the candidate's stances, even Romney was quite impressive.  The way McCain performed tonight should hurt him in New Hampshire, along with all of his negative personal attacks on Romney.  He was vehemently on the attack, saying that Romney is truly the candidate of "change" and that it is easy for a newspaper to misquote him given how often he changes his positions.  McCain might have had a point, but I think that it came off as vicious. 

Guiliani has discussed that previously.  He has a list of 12 priorities and energy independence is one of them.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »
imitation of Fred Thompson:

"blah blah blah blah blah...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

People at the FreeRepublic forum who support Thompson are delusional.  His candidacy was very hyped during the months he kept delaying whether to enter the GOP race and people are many people are disappointed with him.  Yet, many of his supporters at the FreeRepublic forum don't understand while Thompson has lost support during the past couple months.